Sub 3h15

Comments

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

VTR - Thanks.

OO - Excellent park run and in tough conditions by the sound of it too. You are threatening to break that pb of yours soon. Hope your good streak continues for as long as possible.

I stayed over at friends last night and got considerably smashed. Kept away from the cocktails though. I really enjoy India pale ales and the hangover is not too bad. Staying away from the demon grape as that kills me the next day if I over do it.

Sadly that young man who I saw did not make it. Major manhunt underway for whoever it was that was chasing him. I am certain it wont be long before he is found. My heart goes out to all his loved ones. Sorry all for the depressing news. May go for a light run later.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Well done, OO! You're in great shape at the moment image

That's sad news, GM. Sounds like you had a nice evening last night.

Reasonable morning for me. 38.24 for a new pub and 2nd lady but not as close to 38 flat as I'd wanted. Still, it's enormous progress from 18 months ago that I'm disappointed with sub 38.30 so I'll take the positives!
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Slokey- excellent target image

VTR - good running 

00-51 that pb will go soon 

Gerard- sad news there 

Joolska -shiny new pb. image

still got the lurgy , not a single mile covered this week image mara plan scrapped .

• That sucks Leslie. Which race were you targeting? Are you sure it's too late?

Fantastic PB Jools and super fast Vet parkrunning from OO. image Very impressive .

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Great work Jools, OO

Nice imbibing, Gerard  . . . . .

Odd running week here - 14 Tues, 9 inc 5 x 1K wed, nowt thurs, Fri ( feeling below par), decided on parkrun as I lay abed at 08:20 today, so up, wash, kit on, mug of tea - 1 mile jog to start;  22:05 for a 72% wava straw clutch, but bit quicker than I was before Manchester, so, as my philosophy now is try hard and accept what I get, then that'll do. Added a bit on for 7 in total .

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

meant to add - tough luck, Leslie  . . . . .

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Jools - You just keep on getting better. Well done that is a very good time.

Leslie - Sorry to hear you are still ill.

Marrows - Hey, were you meant to be doing a 10k sometime soon?

I take back what I said earlier about my hangover not being so bad, I felt like I was on LSD this afternoon. Had to lie down for a few hours and feel slightly better now.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sad news GM- 30 ft onto your head is a guaranteed end to your life- but what an awful life if he had survived with the head injuries, doesn't bear thinking about.

Jools did you really run 38:24 on the way to the pub image. That's a really great time which would win you many a race oop North.

Bad luck Leslie- you'll have to capitaise on your training with a different race.

Good philosophy Birch- even better GM, like your style ref. getting smashed on Indian pale ale.

Junior OO makes her running return tomorrow- her foot seems better so we'll gingerly give it a few miles road test. I may add a few to get up to 15 and 45 for the week, building for GNR.  

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - Hope junior has a good run. I couldn't stand up today never mind attempt to run. Doing 10k tomorrow am with a friend, looks like a bad weather front is heading our way though.

Jools - Echo what OO said, with those sort of times you would win most races here too.

• marrowsmarrows ✭✭✭

Nice one OO!  and another superb PB from JOolska

Sorry to hear about the gruesome accident GM.  10K is not for a couple of weeks yet.

I'm off to cycle 200km in the rain.  Wooooooot.  Is Gul awake yet?

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Marrows - Ah ok. 200km on a bike is far! I believe Gul is in France on holiday. He would have finished his run by the time you posted with factoring in the time difference.image

Weather is sh1t out there today.

• Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread, which is very fast-moving in more ways than one. Just wanted to say congratulations on the 10k PB, Jools!

I have mainly been busy with moving to Scotland, where the weather is actually reasonably nice today compared to everywhere else. Also I spent my last night in Nottinghamshire a couple of weeks ago winning the ladies' county 5k championship with a ginormous new PB of 17:55. image

• Some sort of hat would be in order Marrows. Have a safe ride.

Lit! Super time. Do the Scots know that they will all be placing one spot lower from now on?

Setting off for an hour and a half in the woods in a mo. Should keep some of the rain off my noggin.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Lit - Je$u$, that is a brilliant time. Good luck with your new life up there.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Well done, Lit!  Speedy did mention your fantastic result when we were marathon watching at the CG the other weekend.

OO: I find the lure of a pub helps me run fastimage  Damn you, autocorrect!

21M for me on tired legs: 8.17s, I think (need to check the Garmin), in pretty bleak conditions.  68M for the week so biggest week since Frankfurt last year and building towards Frankfurt this year!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Blimey we do have some fast ladies on here, well done Lit that is amazing.

I'm gona try a faster parkrun next week to get a PB

• Thanks all. I imagine Speedy also mentioned the net downhill course, but it was still very exciting and not too downhill to count. SJ - unfortunately there seem to be loads of speedy Scottish ladies around here, so that's probably the last time I'll win a county medal for a while!

• Just gives you something to aim for Lit. Competition is good.

• I don't like to mention the downhillness of that course Lit, as it's also my PB from last year. Just a full 60 seconds slower than yours!

No running here. 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

GM - you're really not having a good time at the moment.  That is a horrible think to witness.

Lit - where in Scotland have you moved to?  I agree there are some very speedy ladies in Scotland.  I think its all that fell and hill running!  I live on the Border and I do much better in English races than Scottish but always wondered if that was just my age category.  I did one half marathon where I was about 14th but 11th in my then category of V40.

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Morning all,

SJ - aggressive target. Like it! Well within your compass, I'm sure.

VTR - good progress on the injury free running.

OO-51 - nice parkrun again from you. Very consistent.

GM - IPAs are a great summer drink. And Autumn. And Winter. You get the picture image

Jools - can't grumble about running faster than ever before! Well done on the PB.

Leslie - sorry to hear the drugs haven't worked terribly well.

Birch - well done on the parkrun, sounds like a good effort to me, especially given that you weren't feeling great on Friday.

Lit - moving to Scotland? Work-related presumably? Congrats on the county title and super speedy PB.

Marrows - so was it a cycle or more of a swim given prevailing conditions? Hope you've dried out a bit.

CC2 - any progress on your troublesome hip?

Finally something approaching the kind of training weekend I had been hoping for all summer prior to quad issues. 10 miles early Saturday, before cricket in the afternoon. Didn't round it out with the bike yesterday, partially due to rubbish weather, and partially due to decorating duties which seem to have come my way for the week! But all pain free and over 30 miles for the week for the first time for a while.

• Minni & Abbers - I have moved to the beautiful Kingdom of Fife, for work, and it is a permanent contract (at last!) so I am never coming back. image There do seem to be slightly more hills than I am used to though.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Haha yes Lit you better get used to hills!  I might see you at the odd race up that way.  If I ever get back to racing....

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Lit - Congrats on your new job!

Minni - I'm surviving ok and getting stronger every day. Next thing to deal with is I have an operation on Saturday which will see me off running until the 2nd week in September but it's fine and it will fix a problem which has affected my running on and off over the past few years.

Abbers - image.

May try get out for a run tonight as I am home alone and the wind has dropped a bit.

• marrowsmarrows ✭✭✭

Hurrah for functioning legs, Abbers! The ridelondon 100 was wet, yes, but I think my bike minded more than I did, poor thing.  I almost didn't go cos was scared of massive pile-up coming down Box or Leith Hill so was relieved that the organisers decided to cut those out and shorten to 86 miles.

Good luck with the op, GM.  How are you going to pass the time while you can't run? (Not just drinking I hope!)

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Lit - congrats on the job situation and move then! image You'll be joining those northern fell running types if you're not careful... (not that there's anything wrong with that, you understand!)

Minni - any injury progress?

GM - hope the op goes according to plan. Will be good to be able to run trouble-free if it has been bothering you for a while.

Marrows - a casual 86 mile bike ride, like it. Sensible decision to cut out the hills, given the conditions.

6 easy miles at lunch, the running legs slowly coming back. Might even try some kind of quicker stuff tomorrow, a fartlek or similar to wake the legs back up a little.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Marrows - I will be looking after my boy for a week. He keeps me busy and out of trouble. I like a few beers but very rarely go mad like I did on Friday. I also have a lot of sh1t to sort out so will need to be compos mentis to deal with all that.

Abbers - Glad your coming back to some decent running fitness.image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the permanent job Litt, and a new running scene will provide new challenges and new running pals no doubt. I'm sure a Scottish club will welcome you with open arms when they see your form.

Good efforts from those running/cycling in there awful conditions. I taken the soft option with a rest day- gale force winds here in the North-East.

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Quiet on here at the start of the week...

So I'll just note a 6.5 miler with the middle 4 involving some fartlek-type intervals around the local leisure centre grounds/lake, running the long sides quicker and the short sides easier. No idea on pace, just got the legs turning over a bit for the first time for weeks, without anything too measured and prescriptive.

• Tough one tonight, 3x 1mile/1k/800m/400m off 200m between 10k and 1500m pace. That's 11Kish at at least 10k pace. Everything is intact image.

As you were.