Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Kate- how are you feeling today? What recipe do you use for your cauliflower base? I cant find one that's not too wet.

I did the double with 5.30 this weekend. Track marathon on grass on saturday where we both lost the will to live and yesterday at Leila's run up in Wheathampstead. Undulating but I really enjoyed it.

Had a recovery run this morning and apart from sore hamstrings - i'm feeling alright.

PSC - sounds like a good weekend! Was it good enough weather for BBQ?

• Emmy, as previously stated, you are crackers. Recipe is grate/blend the cauliflower, microwave for 5 mins to get rid of the water, then mix with an egg, parmesan, mozarella, salt and pepper. Bake the base first, mine was still on the wobbly side but presentation isn't everything....

• Morning emmy.Track grass marathon ! Utterly mental, but  in a nice mental wayimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kate - I blame 5.30 for his encouragementimage

Talking of encouragement.. 5.30: are you interested in a nice little double at the start of November? Thames Meander Winter on Saturday and Stevenage on sunday?

Birky - I'd agree. Totally mental. Whoever thought a grass track was a good idea needs their head checked. It was like being back at school and being forced to run around again and again!

• A'noon

I recently went driving past  my old school and realised they'd built a new building on the old school 200m running track !

• I'm on for the Thames Meander, not so sure about the double, will ponder....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    KateF wrote (see)

I'm on for the Thames Meander, not so sure about the double, will ponder....

Aiii go on.. go on, go on, go on image I'm in.... call it post marathon hysteriaimage

Birky - I'm "lucky" that my old school field goes onto green belt land so they cannot build on it... but they've still managed to build very very close to it. saying that - it does back onto the M25 so it's not that nice anyway!

• Birky, that's appalling.  So many school sports facilities are disappearing.

Emmy good skills on the double - how many times around a track is that?  120ish?  Madness!image

I am trying not to think of what the aftereffects of a cauliflower based pizza might be? It can't be good for global warming! :/

The weather this weekend was fab for the BBQ btw - if a little chilly as the sun went down!

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Good Afternoon L&G

Well Emmy has told you what I've been up to!

Emmy, as you know we have to do 10 road marathons in the 100 and I'm struggling as I've only done 1 out of 31 this year (Brighton). I didn't realise that Stevenage was a roadie so that's going on the spreadsheet.

Double me up.....

• Evening all

Emmy and 5:30 well done for the weekend. You are both bonkers but I wish I was capable of such madness!

We are still here in Switzerland and doing loads of walking. I am really happy that our 13 year old is really enjoying the walking his only complaint is that the rest of us are too slow to keep up with him!

• Morning you lot

45 mins Steady done earlier,again mostly off road. Okay session

Dry, but it is cooler now and autumn is on it's way.

NW: 2 cats, 6 cows 6 or 7 rabbits,  2 cyclists and 'Skyer' is back,

1 Kingsmill Vanimage

Brekkie calling so back later

• Morning all - weights this morning, I already hurt so probably won't be able to walk, let alone run at track later. birky, I was looking at the big beech tree in the garden this morning as I was collapsed on the floor of the garage thinking just that, leaves are on the turn. MC, sounds like you're having a good time, and training a fast one. 5.30, I didn't realise you had any more rules than just running 100 marathons, surely trail are harder and should count for more?

• Morning Kate: Yeah think today was the first day I've thought of it being autumnal.

maths: Glad you're all enjoying Switzerland.

Where's valis ? Just realised that  I haven't seen him posting for a while !

• If we don't hear from him before we should see him at the Pilgrim marathon in Sept.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Maths - that's a great thing to be doing with your son and í'm glad you're having fun!

Kate - sounds like a rest day is in order?

Birky - I was thinking the same about Gobi as well. Anyone heard from him?

NW: Sheep. Lots of them.

530am wrote (see)

Good Afternoon L&G

Well Emmy has told you what I've been up to!

Emmy, as you know we have to do 10 road marathons in the 100 and I'm struggling as I've only done 1 out of 31 this year (Brighton). I didn't realise that Stevenage was a roadie so that's going on the spreadsheet.

Double me up.....

We do?... image *runs to go and check spreadsheet*. I only remembered the rule about how many i needed to run each year in the UK!

• We seem to have lost a few people....

My SOC run didn't happen this morning the bed was just too comfy and I could hear the rain... I just hope all the walking is helping my endurance as I am doing York marathon in Oct and can't remember the last time I did a long run...

If you need a road marathon I think there are spaces still for the Robin Hood in September in Nottingham. I am doing the half so would probably finish about the same time as you speedier folk do the full...it is a fairly flat course 

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Good Morning L&G

Emmy, I've done 6 road marathons so far.

My remaining ones are, Kent Coastal, Stevenage, A20 and Brighton. I'll keep Kent Roadrunner next May as a back up. I'm also in the London ballot. Still on track for 52 marathons this year....

PSC, it was 106 laps around a grassy track!

York marathon sounds great maths...

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Is A20 road? I thought it was trail? Must check race instructions! image

That's a great achievement 5.30!

I've just looked at my list and i'm alright. I've done 27 road mara's so far (thank you european races). My list should be 44 marathons if everything goes to plan. Am so tempted to try and add in 8 more image

• Emmy: Good shout re Gobi.

Gobi and valis: Give us a shout if you're reading this.

• A20 is road and pavement Emmy... and lots of it seems to actually be alongside the A20 which is a fairly busy road.

Another day without any fiz. I must get better at delegating and stop running projects abroad.  The phone has only just gone quiet!  Will run tomorrow will run tomorrow, I WILL RUN TOMORROW!!!

• Morning all - turbo and garage bouncing this morning, run and swim later. Looks like it's going to be a sunny day. Got cold by the end of track last night, hard session of 4/5/6/7/8/900/1000. PSC, have you been running yet?

• Morning all

7miles today OR 4 loiads of slugs cows and goats and a man on a unicycle!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Thanks for the confirmation PSC. It's on my list to do but November is booked now.

Maths - a unicycle?! really!? Cool!

• Morning you lot

I was out with Geordie at 4.30am (!)  as he was really 'needing out', but I was half asleep and so never started todays thread !

30 mins very easy. NW: 1 black and white cat.  

The sky was light blue over the Kilpatrick Hills.

Sun is shining againimage

Catch up soon

• Maths: I had to double check re the unicycleimage

• Quiet(ish) on here today

Worked in the garden.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Busy day at work for me image

Just had an hour chat with the vet about life. I think she got the impression I needed itimage

Legs are still feeling a little trashed from the weekend so wondering what i can do to sort them out before saturday's race....

• emmy: Just some easy running on grass or off road ?

• Morning you lot

A 'Dreich morning with smiry rain' so far today up here in the West of Scotland.

Not long completed 40 mins steady mostly off road.

NW:  1 Owl, Yup saw 'Ovett' he's back image 2 cats, 1 dog, 6 cows.  4 horses,2 cyclists 1 Kingsmill Van, 3 BMWs !

Catch up time over brekkie

Back later