Thursday 21st August 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics:'Falling on my head like a memory.'

Dreich morning so far today up here in the West of Scotland.

What: 40mns steady

Why: To get out.

Catch up time over brekkie

Back later

Comments

• Mornng again

don: I'm impressed you're staying off the bevy for that length of time - Saturday nightimage

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: touch rugby after work, maybe a swim beforehand

Why: fun

Still waiting on my bike image need to chase them up!

LMH - wetsuit is at the post office, will collect on the weekend when I'm not working

.. Excited!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Emz - good luck with the job
    Dibs - nice miles yesterday
    RFJ - dodgy start to the season for your lot, but still a long way to go
    what - supposed to be hills, but I'm juggling sessions this weekend as will probably be in Kent for much of it (family). So likely to be flat speed at lunchtime as there are no hills in central London and do the hills on Saturday instead of track.
    why - training makes me a better runner
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - Tuesday, although 8+ yesterday lunchtime was a bit too enthusiastic for a recovery run!

lyric - yes indeed
    yesterday were Kasabian's "Eez-eh"

• Morning.

Thanks seren.

Good running Dibs and glad the wet suit is within reach. You be careful with that touch rugby!

Have you found a race yet Dustin?

I have resolved to do core and strength work when I can resume Donaldo but I'm not sure how long it will last. Good to hear that it's worth the effort.

chickadeee - hope you're ok, been a bit quiet.

Sleeping for up to two hours at a time now which is good. Another outing with friend to look forward to this afternoon though I'm finding that doing nothing ( walk to car, sit in car, walk a couple of hundred metres, sit, reverse) can be very wearing.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: JS run this evening

why: thursday 

weather (or should that be whether!): dreich too

• Haven't played touch rugby since secondary school. About 1983/84 to be exact !

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lmh, hope you are getting there, the longer sleeps must be nice

I did a 5k off road last night and considering I had the 15 on Monday, I had a good strong run, 26.40 (2011 I did 28!) My legs did start moaning with about a mile to go but I told them to shut up it's pretty downhill now!

what: 8 mile tempo later followed by a lovely swim

why: fitting it all in

last hard: last night was

last rest: Tuesday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

LmH - mile race in a couple of weeks - hence all the short/speedy stuff, and aside from the XC season I did find the A20 path & downs marathon (and half) in mid Nov which is close to where my brother lives. I'll see if I can rope him into jogging round with me!
    Birks - that's about the last time I played (normal) rugby! All boys school - no footy until third year.

• Dustin: I remember we played it in winter when there was a heavy snowfall  on the football/rugby pitches. Dunno why I remember that !

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: some core and strength things
    Why: I was told I had to
    Last hard: yesterday's core, though I think today may also be tough!
    Lyrics: familiar...probably a no then!

Glad you managed to sleep a bit more LMH.  Slowly does it remember image  Enjoy your outing.
    Dibs hope you're settling in to the new job a bit more now.
    Wabo well done last night.

Have a good day all.

• what: 5 mile marathon pace (8 min miles)

why: learning to love my marathon pace again

last hard: Tuesday featured a rich plethora of sprint sessions

last rest: last day without running was Monday (with the caveat that I did cycle to/from work)

• Lyrics Yes! A Streak of One.

Last night: managed to guilt myself out of the door for the first run this week. Standard hamster wheel "grey miles" run, just bobbing along. 6.6 miles 53 minutes.
    The bathroom scales have also started over-weighing again.

Work have decided that I shall be driving down to Bristol (easy) today, then I shall head north to Knutsford this evening for tomorrow's job, returning south through the evil traffic that is bound to be generated at the Hilton Park area M6/M5. On a Friday evening of a Bank Holiday. Thankyou to the Planning Team.

• Lyrics yes image

Wabo well done on your 5k and course improvement! Training sounds like it's going well. Have you a target race in mind?

Blisters 'grey' but solid miles in the bag. Hope the traffic is kind to you.

What:  18 miles easy

Why; I had the time and need to work on my endurance

Last rest: Monday

• Lots of hard running Wabo.

Welcome tmbrntt - going to have to think of a catchy shorter acronym!

Who have you upset in the planning dept Blisters?

Nice weekday long run forever.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • It appears that I've upset someone in the Highways Agency.

M5 shut. Traffic disaster until about 7:30. Hence why I'm sat at home, kicking my heels "resting", getting changed and having a shower before making the journey.

Oh well.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

image Blisters you really must stop upsetting people :P  Though look on the bright side, a WWII bomb may have exploded under one of your motorways near an airport runway (everyone was evacuated, it was a controlled explosion) and the motorway be shut for 2 days!

Core done.  Have a new (free) ap.  It tells me what to do!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Lyrics - yes!

8 miles earlier this evening in 58 mins.  Decent run although legs still feeling tired.  Rest day tomorrow! 

Back at work right now and you can tell I'm entirely focused on the job at hand haha!

• 8.21 miles done with JS (in rather more than 58minutes image )

nearly didn't make run tonight due to "near miss" lost keys incidentimage

nice evening after poor start to dayimage

Curiosity made me look up M5 blockage on BBC travel: after entering M5, I was given the choice of

"M5 Northern Ireland" (OK)

or "M5 United Kingdom" (not OK since there are patently 2 M5s in the UK!
    Surely M5 England or even M5 GB... And this from the BBC ) image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Lyrics: no

What: 6k a.m./2k pm
    Why: the latter was to stretch the legs post driving from the East Mids. The former was because I got lost...and ending up running less than intended!

Dustin: I guess Green Park is too far from work, but have done a decent hill session there. Wouldn't like to say how many years ago it was!

RFJ:  hope calf is ok. Wish your footie team were!

Wabo: you seem to be clocking the miles, never mind the races. Long may it continue!

Pammie: thanks for the kind words...unfortunately I don't think I am as fit as I was at the start of May, but hopefully getting there.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.