Saturday 23rd August 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics: 'Twenty seconds on the back time.'

Just thought I'd use these one's from yesterdays unsuccessful attempt at starting the thread.

40 mins Steady . Mostly off road with Geordie. Not a bad session. Dry with no wind

Catch up time.

Coffee calling

Back later

Comments

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: catching up with friends. Maybe something later if my neck is ok

Lyrics: I recognise

Chick- second on OH's comment, eccentric exercises are the bomb for achillies.

Two bits of news. Firstly my boss said he will give me a steroid shot in my worse hip to see if that helps. Two... Just found out my week of nights start on the bank holiday Monday image bugger
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Wet!

Lyrics: no

What: helping at parkrun (tail runner) so something before and something after
    Why: banking a few ks. And they will be very slow.

Hopefully a bit of stretching and core also!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Dry and bright here but definitely not August warm.

Hope the neck improves quickly Dibs. have you successfully retrieved the wettie from the post office? The Huub has a special zip fastening system which you can learn about on their website. I guess you're used to putting them on? If not drop me a mail and I'll send you my top tips.

When I aggravated my Achilles with the Insanity class my smt did advocate ice and massage but said that the most important thing was to continue to load it to promote blood flow. Fortunately for me running didn't hurt or aggravate it so I was able to nip it in the bud with a couple of 100 mile weeks. Those were the days

Had an absolutely rubbish night last night, totally self inflicted as I had been reducing my pain meds over the last couple of days. Just feel I should be so much further on three weeks post accident. In my head I just fell off my bike.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: swim at Skaill then run up west coast

why: it's a nice day day (just now)

lyrics: no

patience LM.H! (Says he who had none at a similar point image )

• Morning again

Working at Glasgow Warriors v Harlequins rugby match at Scotstoun Stadium this afternoon. A pre season friendly.

LMH: Sorry to hear that.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: very very Very wet 12.07ks

Why: good question

LMH: patience please patient
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all.....

what - Parkrun in 21:12, a good test of the calf today as planned (risky i know) but other than a bit of tightness seems ok
    Why - Its Saturday so it parkrun day...

Last Hard - This morning

Last rest - Thursday

Lyrics - No

Take care all

• Swim at Skaill bay followed by run with Elspeth and 2 of other JS group up west coast and over Marwick Head to Birsay Tea rooms (where a car had been left) Sunny but windy.image 7.34 miles

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    100 mile weeks, LMH!!!!! Don't think my body will ever allow me one of those.

Funny that you say one should continue loading because that's what I thought this morning. The whole area plus calves became quite hot and tingling when I did my exercises this morning. I guess that's a good thing, right?

Calves are really sore now, btw.

Have yet to do the stress ball thing but couldn't find any stress balls in the house. Must ask Marketing on Mondayimage
  • I never thought that I'd be able to do them either chickadeee but managed four in a row with no breaking. I think hot and tingling means circulation is good. I have a stress penguin............

Glad the calf was ok RFJ.

I guess the run warmed you up after the swim anyway OH?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Run in shorts and vest immediately post swim LM.H image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Killin 10K today.  What a venue for a race, incredibly scenic.  Starting at the picturesque Falls of Dochart and later running up Glen Lochay, it had some of the best scenery around.

The race started and I felt good, joining a group of 8 front-runners, staying together for the first 2K or so.  I didn't check my watch at 1 mile but on checking later, it was 5:34.  Oops!! Way too fast for my sub 38 ambitions.  After 2K the undulations started and the field spread out, with me in 7th.  I worked hard on most uphill sections and moved up to 6th, only to be caught by someone else on the toughest hill between 5-6K.  The second half of the run was more down than up but still some testing sections and I caught and then battled with another chap for 2K before finally burning him off before the 9K mark.  I stayed in 6th till the end, finishing in 37:56 which was great but maybe could have been better with a sensible start!  I will go back next year for sure, great route and some full-on racing to be had! image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice one Don! Now find a fast flat course!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Great running Don, sounds a great course too....

• Tough course well run Don