Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Afternoon - hammering down here, so turbo got a workout, car park field at the lake is flooded so they're closed so pool will get a going over later, PSC inspired. Foam roller needs a workout here too MC, in fact it's looking at me right now.

• found the natural hero on amazon so should come tomorrow. Would love a swim but the pools are all closed for the bank holiday image Going to turbo soon though. It is either that or housework - no contest!

• I hope you like it... we both rate it.  I think I got some as a freebie after a race and used it, liked it and pretty much immediately ordered it.  We don't use it often but when you've got a niggle it seems to help.  Unlike Deep Heat which just irritates the skin.

I've been naughty and been on line shopping.  2 x Salamon S Lab 12's are on route to our house!  I hope that in getting us both one neither of us will be accused of having all the nice gear. image  My Inov8 pack will now be consigned to commuting rides.  It's served me well, but doesn't bounce about a fair bit. 

God it's grim out there.  I've decided to sort out my digital photo collection - that should take while!  More tea anyone?

• PSC, we have sorted out the pain cave, cleaned up cupboards, packed the bike box and gone for a swim. I feel like a kid on a rainy day when you're told to go and sort out your room as there's nothing else to do and if you're good you get to go to the pool,

• Morning

45mins steady. Dry, coldish, no wind. Mostly off road. It is getting dark again in the mornings.

NW: 1 owl, 3 rabbits, 6 or 7 horses, 12 cows all lying down. 1 cyclist.

Younger son is back to the second year of his Sports Coaching Course at College today.

Coffee calling now.

Back later to catch up.

• Morning all - turbo and weights again as track tonight. Birky, I think sunrise is just before 6am now, I do hope we get a little bit of summer back again though.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

40min tempo for me. We've got your rain from yesterday (booo).

Birky - is your son looking forward to going back to college?

• morning

rubbish weather and as I could hear the rain tipping it down when OH went to work I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Will give my leg a little test run later though

I also thought about sorting out the house yesterday, but turboed insteadimage

PSC - good call on getting you both some nice new gearimage

school shoe shopping for the kids today, I may not have much hair left by the time I return!!

• Morning again

emmy: Yeah he is as he enjoys his course.

Kate: Yeah it was quite dark at about 5.30am this morning when I went out.

maths :Yup that sounds familiar re school shopping and we only have Mis sB left to do it with /for now !!

• Kate, was thinking about the bike box... How was the packing? I found these earlier, http://www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk/?p=41 maybe too late, but a good read to check.
  • Morning you lot

Out for 45mins Steady off road.

Cold, dry, windless and there was a cracking Har (fog ) across a few fields. Cracking sunrise too.

NW: 1 Har (Fog), 1 Owl, 3 rabbits, 2 cats. 1 runner, 1 cyclist.

Back later as coffee callingimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

It's getting cold in the mornings here. Another run in the dark but enjoyed it (for stupid O clock).

A question that may be very easily answered... why does it always get colder when the sun rises? I can be quite happy in a tshirt in the dark but within 20minutes of the sun rising - it gets/feels a lot colder.

• Morning all - attempted a run but heel spur said wait until later, so turbo and core. I am finding it very difficult to taper. Emmy, I always tell myself it warms up as soon as the sun is up, psychological? Thanks PSC, bikes are packed and ready to roll, Mr F seemed to find it pretty straightforward so let's see what happens in the re-build on Friday! Birky, any more stewarding lined up?

• morning all

kate  - I can't remember where you are going but have fun!

4 miles for me this morning, sports massage for my legs at lunch time image might be painful

beautiful morning here and much warmer than the last few days

shoes all bought yesterday now we need a blazer - couldn't find one with the school badge on it yesterday in Nottingham so off to somewhere else. 

• I was thinking the same today Emmy. I think it was all the dew rising off the fields making the air colder and more damp. And that's my attempt at science for today!

• Evening

kate: Yeah got a bit more stewarding lined up in the next couple of weeks thanks.

It was a cracking sunny day hereimage once the Har had lifted.

• Morning you lot

45 mins Steady mostly off road, quite dark when I out. Dry, no wind.

NW: 1 owl, 2 cats, 4 rabbits, 6 horses, 8 or 9 cows 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 cyclist

Back later

• Morning all - yes, a rest day today as I attempt to taper, it's Challenge Vichy on Sunday. Just 10 mins of core to remind me I'm alive. Another filthy grey day, we need Chris' weatherman to tell us we're up for an Indian Summer.

• Morning Kate

Dreich Day here now.

• morning

the rain has cleared here but no sun

we are off to a swimming/leisure pool with slides and a wave machine - I will have a swim while the kids play, until they get bored which might be fairly quickly if it is busy!

• Morning maths

Matsh: Enjoy the swimming

Right now back to watching yesterday's highlights of Vuelta on eurosport

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Another SOC and I loved it but have scarily realised that i need to get my hi-viz back out. Was a lovely 10k.

Kate - good luck at Vichy on sunday. I think that you're incredible!

How is everyone doing?

• Morning you lot

Legs heavy earlier so just walked Geordie for 30mins

Do a 30 mins easy session on the bike later

'Dreich' day with 'smiry' rain here today.

Off to Cardiff tomorrow for a week.

Back later

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

another SOC and i'm really feeling it this morning. Managed 8 easy km and already been in work for 2 hours :/

Anyone got any plans for the weekend? Apart from tracking Kate in Vichy?

• morning

despite it being beautiful here I stayed in bed, probably my last chance of the holidays so thought I would make the most of it! Will run later though

off to visit SuperCaz today, then getting back to a normal routine for the weekend, swimming and a long run on Sunday

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maths - can you give Caz a HUGE hug from me? Any maybe take along a packet of crisps? image

• any idea what flavour she likes?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

No idea.... but she said on FB that she's needing salt and iron. Is there a ready salted spinach flavour? image

I wish I could be closer to visit

• Morning emmy and maths.

Still dreich here.

• haha, that would be a great flavour! I will get a selection of kettle chips of something! I have some veg from my mum's allotment to take too. Might take the kids and get some blackberries, they are yummy at the moment!