Monday 1st September 2014

Morning!

Pinch punch first of the month!

Lyrics: Wherever I go and whatever I do

I seem to spend some of my time..

What: 6k plus later

Why: get the month off to a reasonable start. But not until it stops raining!

Re lyrics I've not been like the title for years despite my name!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I slept for nearly five hours in one go! I cannot tell you how great this felt.

In that case Rocky I wish you health and happiness image Can't wait to be back out there struggling to rebuild my running so you just keep going so that you can show me the way when I finally get there.

Hope you got your fish and chips OH.

It's stopped here Alehouse - hope it clears up for you and the cricket.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Heart - alone.  Love that song, 80s classic.

Today, I have an inkling due to the clue!

Will run later, not sure what though.

• Morning all,
    lyric - thought I did but doesn't fit with the clue..
    LmH- good news on the sleep front
    Have to say after getting up in pitch darkness, getting to London in bright warm sushine was an absolute joy.
    what - easy run tonight
    why - legs mashed from 3x track sessions last week.
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - Saturday

• Morning again!

What: 8.23k largely off road
    Why: what I need to do! Trying to shift the weight but it is still a case of train heavy, race light. Heading in the right direction (10st6 compared with 10-9 on Aug 1st...and just under 10 on May1st).

Very cloudy and grey so will leave cricket watching until this pm.

Any news, Wabo?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: gardening
    Why: did 7 hours of walking on Saturday, then 3.6 km run yesterday, legs mashed!
    Last hard: all weekend
    Lyrics: nope don't think so

Chicka thanks for the recommendation for the restaurant, it was great image  And I had Gold barschfilet.

LMH great new regarding the sleeping.

Dibs hope you are feeling less tired after the night shifts?

Have a good one all.

• Morning image

Last week was a bit hectic which timed nicely with a down week so back to business again today.

What: 6 miles easy

Why: Back to basics

Last rest: Yesterday

I love Septemberimage

• Please stop sending it my way Alehouse.

In more good news I tied my own shoe laces this morning. The bad news is that my pre op assessment isn't until the 17th. Not sure yet whether that means op will be on 18th or 25th image

• back again
    not sure what happened but having got to work in cloudless blue skies, when I went for a run at half 11 it was drizzly and miserable. On the plus side tourists were at a minimum and the poppies were out in force at the Tower!
    Easy 50 minutes chalked off.

• Thought I'd posted this morning but it doesn't appear to be there.

Been another nice morning here!

What: 7 mile recovery run followed by fulfilling modified icebucketchallenge (then dentist)
    Why: Had to be done
    Last hard: Sunday morning (after the hop)
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no

Yes we ate our Fish+Chips at the bus stop, LM.H!
    BTW I would suspect neither

Do they really eat goldfish in Gemany emzap?image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

LMH 5 hours, nice

alehouse - no nothing yet

blimey alehouse I was 10st 6 this morning! I feel fat now.....

lyrics no

what: some stretching and sit ups etc

why: I need it so I can be less chubster

last hard: 13 miles which was 11 on sunday - not one of my better runs..

last rest: yesterday

as for spurs......

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • He wanted to do it last week OH - it was the anaesthetist who refused - hence my optimism about the operation date. Glad you got your fish and chips! Do you know anything about this 'trying to mend the clavicle with a fabric stitch' he talked about? I haven't been able to find anything online.

it was bliss Wabo. Having weird dreams/nightmares constantly though. How many weeks until Snowdonia now?

• Anaesthetists are the master procrastinators and *nothing*, save dire emergencies, ever gets done when they say it will in the NHS!
    I know nothing about the fabric stitch method

• Ah well, nothing I can do but suck it up, try to stay happy and hope that ?I will somehow be able to get in shape before VLM.

• Nice run this afternoon - took it very easy but still ran 6.3 miles in 46:10.  Doing slightly less mileage this week after 4 x 50 miles approx.  Nice evening. image

• LMH:  I'll settle for being able to tie my own shoelaces.

• What: 9ish
    • Why: Commute
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest: Saturday

Have a good one!

• Afternoon! Just checking in from the wild northeast (Boston) where I am spending some time with Stickless and Ma Stickless image

What: a few hours hiking/running along the Sky Trail in Middlesex Fells Reservation

Why: because we're in the same country and we're going in for SLMM 2015.

Last hard: that was (It's HOT here)

Last rest: Sunday.

LMH: good luck with the op- Fabric stitch sounds like something for fashion, not clavicles...

• Good to see you Tine...and say hi to Stickless!

• Evening

What 8+

Why has to be done

Lyrics sort of again

Hopefully the start of regeneration.

• Good evening.

I don't know about anyone else, but the internet appears to be grindingly slow today.

We've been away for a weekend P&O cruise. As you might imagine, given my current head state, there was precious little training, and much weight gaining. However, this does not tell the whole truth. Cabins on deck 12, main action: deck 5. Never used the lift once we were on board. Also managed to hit the gym, and did a treddie slot of 10k, on what appeared to be entirely uphill (4%). Quite pleased with the way the body reacted.

Home early, and managed a swim today. That appears to have come on OK. The mile was 39:40, and 80L (2K) sub 50 min. It's been ages since I did a straight session.

• Evening

What: 40 min run 1.5km swim + drills

Why: it's all planned

Lyrics: I'm thinkin so

Pretty tough day that I just want to put behind me really.

LMH- 5 hours! Hope there is more to come

OH- hmmm fish and chips!

Cuppa and bed for me

Day 1 of 22 in a row.... How I love to be a jr Doctor.....
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dibs - how is that possible? or even allowed. on The railways as safety critical staff no one can work more that 13 days in a row and the 14th must be atleast 24 hours rest. also restricted to working time directive, ie can go over 48 hours but think its under 72 a week. How can that be safe in your industry? (HSE Fatigue Index etc)... not ranting find  it interesting and worrying....

Very tired here after meetings in Paddington and milton keynes today.

Did sneak out for 4.25m earlier though

• Dibs:  So the "new deal for junior doctors" they made a big fuss about a few years back is the usual load of nonsense the establishment feeds us?  Why am I not surprised...