Runkeeper app

Just starting on my running adventure and have downloaded runkeeper as it seems to have good mapping tools and training programme. Do others use this and is it a good app for a beginner. Any recommendations for alternatives would be welcome.

Comments

• I used it and it is very good I found. the other free one that is easy to use is Endomondo

• I used to use it and had no complaints. I now use a garmin watch and find it much easier to run with than having my phone strapped to my arm.

I don't listen to music when running so don't miss out on that side of things either.
  • I'd never used an app, but have been using the Nike sports watch which was good at recording speed and distance.  But it stopped working so I used map my run.  What I found interesting was I had an immediate speed improvement caused by telling be what my splits were on the move.  I try to run at around 6min kilometres and everytime I had a poor split above that I seemed to be able to speed up and get a better overall time.

Certainly was the motivation I needed and I now have the watch back fully working but I'm going to sell it and stick with Map my Run.

• Don't wotever you do use Endomondo..... it's not as good as mapmyrun.com..... or..... any of the Polar speed and distance monitors, i have the Polar RS800CX it's very accurate and works perfectly.

• What's wrong with Endomondo? I use it loads and other than probably over calculating the amount of kcals burnt think it's pretty good. 

• Endomondo have sent me loads of junk mail, I did once sign up to it, but then deleted my profile, quit the site, and still they kept reminding me that i hadn't done any training, loads of junk mail...... I quit coz i found there were far better apps out there for me in my opinion such as the 2 mentioned above, and the fact that It didn't work properly, so that woz good enough reason for me to look elsewhere....... guess it depends on wot you're lookin for though.

• I use map my run for IOS 8

I really cant recommend it enough, works perfectly for me. only annoying thing is that they keep asking me to upgrade!, not until i get a iwatch though image

• I absolutely love Runkeeper.  It's a fantastic app and a really encouraging one too that keeps account of all of your progress and maps out your journey.  (it has crashed once however) but other than that, I can't fault it, and it's so so easy to use. image

• Runkeeper is good. It's a much better app overall than Angry Birds....