Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Out this morning for a run and plan to do some cycling later. 

Debated yesterday afternoon whether to swim o/w or pool. Glad I decided on open water as it was a brilliant sunny evening, calm, clear, flat water (no duck shit Kate!) and a hot air balloon hovering (if that's the right term) over the centre of the lake. Magic! Certainly beats swimming in lanes crowded with other swimmers! Getting a tad cold though!

• This is for you if you're still in the lake at this time of year Chris http://huntsmantri.com

• Looks good. I know Hawley lake well as I spent several years teaching waterskiing there. Rumour has it there's a giant pike lives there!!

• I learnt to sail on Hawley when I was 11... can still picture it clearly!  It was a pretty muddy lake then - I wonder if that's improved any in the last 40 years?

Cracking little 12 miler this morning - and before lunch too!  The S-Lab rocks!  

Grendle - LOL.... luckily my lad is old enough to go to those things on his own!  

• Morning you lot

Rest Day, need to walk Geordie.

It's just getting light here now

All the best to anybody racing today

Catch up later

• Walked Geordie

NW: 1 owl, 1 white cat, that he couldn't resist and so decided to chase. It saw him coming, ran then jumped up onto the top of a fence and so very calmly walked along the top of it as Geordie watched it's every step...image

• morning all

still not feeling great so DNS for me today. 

grendel - hope you survived yesterday!

• Morning all, yep survived. I won't pretend to have enjoyed it, to much queuing but little Grendel did enjoy it, and as the tickets had been bought for his birthday back in April it was a belated birthday trip. So a good day.

Absolutely shattered this morning so when the alarm went off I decided to just run an easy 5, so with 5 miles done, I turned and ran home. 10 done.

No wildlife, not even a dog. BUT someone opened their door and started singing. Strange one even by the standards round here.

Happy Sunday
  • Afternoon all - 10 glorious miles in the sunshine, same format as yesterday, hills and fast bits. Beautiful and autumnal, conkers and leaves everywhere, my ipad did want to change that to cookers which wouldn't have been quite so picturesque. OR 7 NW 4 squirrels, one carrying an enormous conker, (not cooker), loads of dogs including the fluffiness Pekignese (sp) which just looked like a bouncing blob of fluff. Glad you made it to the other side Grendel, and shame on the DNS MC, hopefully it will help you get to the marathon start line in a couple of weeks. Birky, hopefully you've got the same weather as us, lovely for dog walking. Right, the outside world beckons again.

• Evening all. NOC cycle to Petworth Park today. NW dozens of deer and hundreds of dogs - mainly of the Springer Spaniel type!! 

• Morning you lot

Quiet house due to us all being off on our autumn Monday holiday

30 mins Steady to start the day. Okay session. Dry, mild, no wind.

NW: 1 dog, 1 cyclist,2 cats. 4 horses, 1 robin red breast

Coffee calling and catch up time.

• Morning all - just a bit of core and foam rolling for me, spin and either a run or swim later. Have a good week folks.

• Morning
    Foggy and damp out but seems to be clearing. Nice little run through the wood and a few decent hills thrown in. NW 6 cows, 4 dogs 1 OR.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Another SOC for me so few other animals but did manage to cross paths with lots of bunnies and a heron. Very mild out there as well.

Maths - how are you feeling this morning?

We have a guest for the week in the form of bf parents dog. This little bas*ard was howling and crying all night so took the initiative to get out of bed early and run with boyska. Is it bad that i want to prod him awake as he's now fast asleep by my feet?

• Grendel: Somebody opening their door and singing ?  Yup a strange one even by the standards on here !

emmy: Nope it is frustrating he says 'diplomatically'

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Birky - to be honest; i'm happy to let him howl all night as it's purely for attention but the neighbours might not appreciate that. He's used to be allowed in the bedroom and has rule of the roost at his home. Here - he's got order, structure and is low on the pack order. He's not too happy with this changeimage

• emmy: I can imagine. I often have just made a mug of coffee and Geordie then 'asks' to go out. I swear that mutt is on the wind up...image

• Morning all, 

Yep singing, even round my way, was different!!!

Having spent all day on my feet Saturday, and a 10 yesterday, decided to take today as a rest day rather than Friday. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow as I will have to be up and out before 5 tomorrow to collect OH's bike from work as I am pretty sure she will be getting a lift home tonight.

birky, not just your dog, I have a wife like that. As soon as I sit down she decides she needs something. 

• Grendel: No comment re a wife deciding when she wants something done

Okay then it can often start with a question. 'Are you busy ?' when she knows fine well you aren't... image

• Spot on Birky!

• Morning you lot

Grendel: Cheersimage

Coffee calling back later

• Morning all - Fitness blender and a swim this morning, feeling a bit grotty with sore throat etc so hopefully have scared it away. Track tonight. Women are strategic birky, we'd never ask you to do something knowing you were busy already or we'd never get it done.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all image

A lovely morning today. A little murky though. 99% humidity this morning :/

Kate - I think that women just have their waysimage

• Morning emmy and kate

I don't ever doubt itimageimage 

Think Basil and Sybil Fawlty.

Basil:"Will it be a five minute argument dear, or the usual full half hour ?"image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

BBBBAAASSSSIIIILLLLL! BASIL! I love Fawlty towers! image

I forgot my NW:

1 heron, 3 dogs, thousand rabbits. Very sparce this morning!

• Morning all,  We do it because we love them!

A nice early start, managed to get out before the street lights came back on, so with plenty of cloud cover dark, I didn't even turn on my head torch - just me and the dark.  

6.79 miles run, which included a fast(ish) 5 miles and riding my wife's bike home from her work - (this time with head torch) and do you know what, no wildlife no dogs, no drunks and certainly no heavenly choir serenading me as I thundered past (artistic licence there - as plodded was probably close to the truth) 

Happy Tuesday all.

• Morning all,  We do it because we love them!

A nice early start, managed to get out before the street lights came back on, so with plenty of cloud cover dark, I didn't even turn on my head torch - just me and the dark.  

6.79 miles run, which included a fast(ish) 5 miles and riding my wife's bike home from her work - (this time with head torch) and do you know what, no wildlife no dogs, no drunks and certainly no heavenly choir serenading me as I thundered past (artistic licence there - as plodded was probably close to the truth) 

Happy Tuesday all.

• This isn't really an edit but I somehow managed to post it twice.

BUT I did see a dog!

• Morning

Slept in a bit this morning but still managed to get out for a short-ish dash through the woods. Remnants of overnight mist hanging around but starting to clear as I returned home. Quite warm still but apparently it's going to cool off at the weekend so making the most of the shorts and t-shirt weather.