Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

Morning image

AF well done on all your running and enjoy your coastal run today

Jude Wow that is good going. Well done on your 18 miler Training is going excellent for you. Hope your little boy gets on well at school.

Deejay You have been very busy setting up your photography Well done and also a very well done on your longest miles yet since your return. Fantastic Hope you get the migraines sorted out though.

Mathschick So pleased your new job is going well and well done on your 14 miler.

I did 10 early miles on Tuesday and have done 7 miles today image.

Its a beautiful sunny day here in Edinburgh imageimage

• Options

well done franny on your running

I have managed two early morning runs in a row - both 4 miles. Dark now for my early runs but a beautiful big full moon makes up for that

• Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit absent from here.I have been busy with my website which is now live for all to see. http://www.davidwessexphotography.co.uk/

It has been very time consuming setting it up,but I'm really pleased with it.I tried to keep the layout clean and simple,so the photographs stand out more.

It is great to see everyone putting in good miles in their training.I managed an 8.4 mile run last week,which is my longest in nearly 3 years.I'm going to do shorter runs this week to consolidate,and then aim for 10 miles.It feels good to be getting back to long distances again.

A tune for you all to listen to is Kate Bush and Running Up That Hill.

• Options

hi all

DJ - your website is brilliant! And well done on the running too.

I came back from a retirement do early last night so I could get up early to run, but didn't sleep and was sneezing all night so have done very little today image a bit annoying because I haven't done the run longs I need to for York marathon but have next weekend to fit a long one in

I love Kate Bush image

• Options

Morning...just realized I haven't posted for a week...

Well I did a 1/2 Marathon yesterday..It was the Bacchus 1/2 Marathon it was very hilly,but, great fun as the race incorporated wine stops every 2-3 miles. So about 12 of us from the club hired a mini-bus so we could participate in the vino. Managed to run all the way with two of my ladies and had a really good laugh. Was a bit slow in 2.08,but, we probably stopped for a least 3 minutes at each stop.. 

Well done to everyone on their running.

Thanks

• Options

Hi everyone

Its horrible here in the burghimage mist and rain bleurgh

Mathschick When is the York marathon ?

AF Well done on your wine HM image Now that sounds like my kind of raceimage

Deejay Well done on your longer runs and the fact your feeling stronger too.

I went to Parkrun on Saturday morning  and was faster than the previous one imageimage 25.14 so pleased my times are coming down.

Then we went to a lovely wee place called North Berwick where we had a lovely walk along the beach Then had lunch at the Lobster Shack A pre birthday treat for me. Was very yummy and then we walked back along the beach It was a glorious day and Chico certainly enjoyed himself.

Last year of my 40's tomorrow...eek

Have a nice evening folks

• Options

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Franny. You are still young compared to me!!

Well done on your Parkrun time. 

• Options

Happy Birthday Franny! Enjoy! xxxxx

• Options

Rubbish slow post 1/2 marathon run this morning. 5.5 miles at a 9.30 pace. Was really achey. May rest tomorrow and run Thursday. 

• Options

Happy Birthday Franny image and well done on your parkrun time

AF - well done on the half marathon - I can't imagine running and drinking wine. This morning was a recovery run for you so you should have expected it to be slow and rubbish image

4.5 miles for me this and I saw a massive toad

• Options

Thank you for my birthday wishes. I was working but had a lovely evening .Hubby cooked a yummy seafood rice dish image Got lots of nice prezzys and money image

Well its a BIG DAY FOR SCOTLAND and for the UK ......The referendum day has finally arrived.The eyes of the world are on us.

Meeting my mum in town as she is treating me to a birthday lunch at Guillianos...Italian restaurant...maybe not the best day as town will be heaving but looking forward to it very much image

And I have already done an early 14 miles so can eat what I want...yayyyyyyyyyyy and didn't see a massive toad but bumped into the army with all their guns pointing..Scareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff especially as it was dark and misty image

Hope everyone is well and speak soon

• Options

Well done on your 14 miler Franny...yes big day for Scotland....I think Guillano's was where we went. Where were you running to bump into the Army?

Another 6.6 miles post 1/2 run and still slow..9.09 minute miles- wondering where my speed is!

MC-Well done on your 4.5 miler.

• Options

Very quiet here!! Hope you are all out there running!

Well I have had a fantastic weekend! I'll start at the beginning: Last weekend I did my 15miler as planned and then I heard about a 15K race for today.  I decided to enter as it is very close to home. I did a 6 miler on Tuesday and then was struck down with a sore throat and a bit of a temperature.  I didn't run or swim for the rest of the week and was taking cold relief drinks etc.  I was in 2 minds to run today as I still felt under the weather but went for it.  Anyway, in my hilliest race to date I came 2nd in my age group (45-49) and got a cup and 150 lira!!! To be honest if the race was in England I probably would have been at the back of the field but I'm very happy nevertheless.....image There were about 700 people in the 15K and there was also a 5K. My boys ran too in the kids race(500m). They ran well and were very happy with their medals and free McDonald's happy meals!!image 

So that was an unexpected surprise. I hope it means there will be more races in the area too as this was a new race.

Well, a flying visit...have a good week all. xxx

• Options

wow Jude, that is brilliantimage well done to your boys too

sorry I haven't posted much, just been really busy and hardly been on the computer at all

lots of dashing around today - went out for a long run, was running along a grassy track and my feet were getting really wet from the grass and I realised that youngest boy didn't have any waterproof boots for his cub camp next week as we threw his old boots away in Switzerland because they were getting too small. So I dashed home, took him quickly to get some, made lunch, got the kids to band practice, had lunch with OH and then finished off my 20 miler. A bit shattered now!

work still going well image

• Options

Thanks MC! Well done to you too on your 20 miler and all that dashing about! I bet you feel like you need another weekend? Glad that work is still going well for you.

• Options

Well done Jude that is fantastic- what a star you are!!

MC-Well done on your 20 miler. 

I had a great day yesterday - about 10 of us competed in an obstacle race called Back to the Trenches- great fun with loads of mud, hills, tunnels, water slldes etc.

I am running really really slow at the moment, have a few niggles with my back am seeing Osteopath later- hopefully she will sort it out!!

Meant to be making my ultra debut Sunday week- 38 miles terrified and haven't done the training so going to be interesting. I have vowed to listen to one of my running ladies and not go off too fast!!!  

Bye for now...

• Options

Well done Jude that is fantastic- what a star you are!!

MC-Well done on your 20 miler. 

I had a great day yesterday - about 10 of us competed in an obstacle race called Back to the Trenches- great fun with loads of mud, hills, tunnels, water slldes etc.

I am running really really slow at the moment, have a few niggles with my back am seeing Osteopath later- hopefully she will sort it out!!

Meant to be making my ultra debut Sunday week- 38 miles terrified and haven't done the training so going to be interesting. I have vowed to listen to one of my running ladies and not go off too fast!!!  

Bye for now...

• Options

Morning

Wow Fantastic result Jude You are indeed a STAR

Mathschick Well done on your 20 miler.

AF seen your pics on FB looks like fun Well done and am sure you will be fine next week on your ultra debut. and you have done the training and YES DONT GO OFF FAST or you will be SORRY....hope you get your back sorted.

No running from me  over the weekend but went to gym this morning and then did a hillwork session.

• Options

evening

AF - well done, I would hate that kind of race! You will be fine for the ultra, just take it slowly!

today has been a rest and eat and loads day image well, work too...

• Options

5.4 miles for me this morning. Hoping to do about 8 or 10 miles tomorrow image Time permitting image

Hope everyone is well.

• Options

Where has everyone gone...all out running in the sunny weather image

9 miles for me yesterday image Met a chum last night and had dinner and cocktails...so no gym or run for me today as a longish lie was needed...when I say a long lie...got up at 7.45am to walk the Chico boy image Hoping to go to parkrun tomorrow

• Options

Afternoon,

not a good running week this week as a few niggles in back! 4.7 miles Monday then took two days off 6.5 yesterday which was slow and not entirely pain free, 6 this morning which was a tad better.

Next Sunday is my 38 miler & I feel incredibly under prepared. Local 1/2 marathon is on Sunday but I have decided to be sensible & not run.

Well done Frany on you running. Where is everyone?

• Options

hi everyone

well done franny on your running

AF - that is bad news about your back, hope it is ok for next week

I was supposed to be doing Nottingham half today but on Friday started to feel unwell - just weak and headachy and tired really, so haven't done anything much all weekend (apart from the normal looking after family stuff!!)

• Options

Aw Mathschick I hope you feel better real soon.

AF Fingers crossed your back will be ok for your DEBUT ULTRA...will be thinking of you as I run The Rock and Roll in Lisbon image We fly out very early on Thursday morning and come back Tuesday. Race is on Sunday image

Hope everyone is well

• Options

Hi All,

Franny-Enjoy the Lisbon Rock & Roll should be fun.

My back is going in the right direction just ran 3.2 miles on Saturday and 6 this morning. WiIl do a couple of 4 milers this week before Sunday. Really just to see if the mind and body are ok!!

MC-Hope you are ok/?

• Options

Evening! Sorry I have been missing again.

Franny - have a great weekend. Hope all goes well.

AF - hope you are feeling better

Jude - just read about your 2nd place. Amazing! image

Not much to report on the running front. Just been ticking over running a few miles most days. Life has been ridiculously busy and I'm not sleeping, but I'm pretty sure I've been saying the same thing for years. But I'm not sure exactly what to cut back on! 

• Options

hi all

sorry - been busy with work etc. I am fine now, just a bit of a virus I think but then have had an eye infection too. All good now though image

Franny - hope you enjoy Lisbon

chilli - good to hear from you, hope you get some sleep!

• Options

Hi all!

MC - glad you are feeling better. Shame you missed your race though!

Franny - hope you are having a fabulous time! Good luck for tomorrow.

AF - Take it easy with your back! Are you still planning to run your ultra? Is it tomorrow?

Chili - good to hear from you.  Hope your sleeping improves.

We are on holiday from school for 5 days (started yesterday) for Eid or Bayram as it's called here.  Managed 22 miles yesterday morning in just under 4 hours. It is my longest run ever but I felt like I couldn't manage another step.....

Hubby killed 4 rams this morning for neighbours but we plan to catch up with some gardening for the rest of the holiday....Back to school on Wednesday.image

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys! x

• Options

wow Jude well done. Enjoy your holiday

boss - good luck for tomorrow

• Options

Afternoon,

Ultra's are hard work.....not doing one again...

My race was a 38 miler- the Downs Link Ultra- and I very nearly pulled out at 26.5 miles but encouragement from my laides at the running club kept me going. I had to walk the last 5 or so miles but finished in 7.50 which was a lot slower than I wanted. However, satisfied that I have completed it..will stick to marathons and 1/2 in the future.