Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning all - typical, only light drizzle and it's a garage bounce and swim morning, track tonight. MC, congrats on the marathon, looks like a nice one traffic aside. PSC, sounding bouncy!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Out for 2hrs on the bike today, 5 of us donned our man suits and got it done

Not nice out but have a smug feeling of satisfaction.

Well done Maths :?? )
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maths - well done on the marathon finish! I heard a lot of people complaining about the traffic getting out of York the day of/after the race.

PSC - I have the same feeling. It's always nice to just be out there and be there before the rest of the world wakes up.

Gobi - Enjoy the smug feeling of satisfaction!

Another recovery run for me as i'm still quite tired (and had NOTHING to do with the fact that i oversleptimage)

• Morning all - No SOC yesterday as I am taking an easy week due to a race on Sunday - nothing like the rest of you do, just a 5. (I'm almost ashamed to say it to be honest given what E mmy did AGAIN at the weekend and you other marathoners!).

Up and out this morning for a completely unmeasured 30 minutes through the mist and drizzle - 

NW: A Great Dane and 4 greyhounds, heard some chickens.

• Grendel some of us run long because we can't run fast, I am only counting myself in this tally!

• Kate many years ago I could run fast(ish) now I can't but I still try!

But I am in awe of you guys who can just churn out the miles in the way you do. 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    running is overated :??)

I ride a bike because I can't run far. I can however still run quite fast up to about 10km

Off to play in the mud on a CX bike this evening
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Grendel - It's the crazy factor image 5 miles is better than no miles. A colleague didnt want to tell me they ran 6k this morning because they're ashamed!

• interesting talking to some of the kids at school today - theme for the week is women's achievements so I brought the women's marathon record up! Some of the girls admitted to running a 5k at the weekend, and one of the girls (14 years old) did the spires and steeples 26 miles from Lincoln to Sleaford and was embarrassed about taking 6 hours! Bloody amazing for a 14 year old!

today's soc was to drop eldest son off at 5:30 for a school trip to the netherlands. For some weird reason they have gone by coach from near Nottingham to Dover, crossed to Calais then driving up through France etc!! Crazy when Hull ferry terminal is so close and goes to Rotterdam? So 13 hours later and they have just arrived. A bunch of tired and grumpy kids ....

• Evening

Today back in 1989 I ran a 6 miles Steady. My last as a single manimage.

I got married in Paisley later that day

Off to the Lake District tomorrow with Mrs B for a few days.

• Grendel: Nothing wrong with 30 minutes unmeasured through smiry rain on a dreich dayimage 

Don't you just love summer time in Scotland eh image

• Happy anniversary birky and Mrs B, enjoy the Lakes.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Birky - Happy Anniversary!

I went out with the headtorch this morning. Had a good run but surprised to see a woman walking her dog in the pitch black woods without a torch or anything else. Coming across this pair of eyes was a little unnerving but luckily boyska cant see too much in the dark and relies on his smell so he was pulling me along quite nicely!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Wow Birky you get less of a sentence for murder : ?? )

ran about 11 this morning, quite nice out. Surprised by how few people I saw and then reaslised that in the normal world it is not marathon season so why would you run 11 miles at 5am !!!

Off to pick up prizes later
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - a question for you and other SOC's. A colleague of mine cycles 30km to the office every day and is looking for some good lights that are a reasonable price. He's found some 1400 lumens for 190€ but I didnt know if you guys could of anything under 100 GBP

• Morning folks. Out at around 4.20am for a quick two and a half mile run. Encountered three foxes and one bloke on a scooter (the kind school kids ride, not a the motorised kind). A bit random.

Just a short run today as I ran yesterday and pushed quite hard and I was feeling it a bit. I don't normally run on consecutive days as I am 47 with a history of injuries, but as I woke up early I thought I might as well.

• Morning all

4:20 an very early start Cal!

Can't help E mmy, my wife's bike doesn't have lights, so when I ride it back from work for her I have a headtorch!!!

Another easy one today, just a couple of miles done, in case I decide not to go to the club tonight due to race Sunday.

So Foggy, and warm, 30 minutes done. 

NW:  A large black dog that came flying out of the gloom, luckily still attached to his owner who managed to get him under some sort of control. No exlax for me today!

Oh yes also our cat - I did his flea treatment - now that is wildlife!! He is not talking to me!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    E mmy - all my lights cost more than 100 quid :??0 so I am useless
  • a short run in the rain this evening, lovely but I felt far too warm even though it was raining

birky - happy anniversary, hope you have a good break

• Happy Anniversary birky

NOC runs for the last couple of days. 5.1 miles and 5.5 miles - muddy, hilly, and wet.

Kate - how did it go at the hospital on Monday? What news on your achilles problem?

MC - well done on your marathon!

• Morning all - only time for some core work as early start to the office. Had to cancel my appointment Chris, Pru Health are doing all they can to make sure I don't claim by sending me a massive form for my GP to fill in, so have to get that done before they approve treatment.

• Morning all 

Sorry Birky, just picked up on that - Happy Anniversary - 25 years eh?  Ran my Marathon PB that year -blimey - my performances started to decline after that!!

A good club session last night - longer reps and no sprint drills,  felt good for Sunday.

A nice easy 2 miles this morning - call it a recovery run rather than very slow! 

NW: Nothing to report unless you count our cat _ BUT it was good to see that the bloke on the motorbike who cut up through a no entry sign into a one way street as a short cut, totally missed that there was a police car there!!! 

Not recommending Pru Health then Kate.

Happy Thursday.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Kate - that sounds awful image I hope that the GP can fill it in quick

10k this morning in the dark and rain. I was soaked through but Boyska enjoyed it.

NW: 2 dogs, 1 ninja cyclist. I heard some ducks if that counts?

Grendel - how are you feeling for sunday?

• anything you hear counts in my little world E mmy (not sure about the rules on here though!)

Was feeling OK about Sunday thanks, that is until this morning when Junior Grendel announced he needed tissues as he has a cold - queue vitamin c (is that the correct spelling of queue?)

• So do I now Kate having seen you right that down!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Grendel3 wrote (see)

anything you hear counts in my little world E mmy (not sure about the rules on here though!)

Was feeling OK about Sunday thanks, that is until this morning when Junior Grendel announced he needed tissues as he has a cold - queue vitamin c (is that the correct spelling of queue?)

I find washing hands religiously also helps. I think ít's cue too... image

• An 11 year old religiously washing his hands, yeah. This is someone who is at, or near to the top of his class in most subjects but has trouble with the workings of a toilet seat!!!!!;
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Haha!! That sounds like my nephew. I told him that i'd pay him 20p every time he washed his hands. He spent every 10 minutes going to the toilet washing his hands and putting a x on his chart