Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

AH but Birky did you and Mrs Birky have a good break?

• Options

Grendel: Yeah we did thanks.  We stayed in Ambleside which is a very nice place. Lots of fell running goes on there at games and other events throughout the spring/summer months

Thought I'd posed that earlier, just realised I hadn't ! Doh !!

• Options

Currently looking at the Stour Valley Marathon, £19 entry as opposed to £30 for Halstead. 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Grendel - Heard a lot of good things about Stour Valley 100 so would appreciate your thoughts on the marathon (i'm not that crazy to want to do the 100k yetimage)

• Options
    It looks a good course.
  • Options

Glad you had a good one birky. Grendel, certainly seems a bargain compared to Brighton, they've just released some more spaces at £70 a pop, ouch. Track tonight either being blown along or in the face, 5 x 400, 1 x 1200, 5 x 200, 9 miles total. gloves and long sleeves for the first time In a while.

• Options
    That sounds a good session KateF. Club run tomorrow night so a soc run in the morning will be dependant on the weather.
  • Options
    Morning all... It would appear I've not posted for a week or more. image

Birky, belated anniversary to you and Mrs B. How were the lakes?

I'm getting worried a bit about Beachy. Not exactly trained for it. Mind you it will be a hoot as we know loads of people there.

Morning again.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

I had a bit of a scary run with the headtorch this morning. Due to the storm last night there was a lot of debris on the ground and all around so it made for an interesting obstacle course! Including one guy who decided to not wear anything but just run with his ninja dog in complete darkness. It gave me quite a shock!

PSC - I'll be there... and i've heard that the sausage rolls are legendary image

Kate/Grendel - I cannot justify that sort of money for a race. Brighton isnt exactly a great inspiring course.

• Options

Morning - all quiet in my garage this morning, not much time for anything as busy day and Miss F wanted her hair in special plaits for her football match tonight, just what I wanted to be doing at 5.45am. Emmy, agrred, they do seem pretty mercenary at Brighton. PSC, nice long taper.

• Options
    The race is legendary for many reasons, not least the sausage rolls! Lol Kate. Got it in one.

In the office with a cuppa. It's going to be a good one!
  • Options
    Morning all. Reset alarm clock this morning so no run , club night tonight do speed work.

I find it difficult to justify ??30 for the Halstead Marathon.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Grendel - that's a normal kinda price i find... I'm happy to pay around that. In NL they can be around 13EUR if you're lucky

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    2 days until I finsih my job

I've stopped already to be honest

90 min run this morning off an 0510 start, arm warmer and gloves were on but still in shorts and a tee

What to do what to do ?
  • Options

Too windy for OW swim yesterday so did 8 miles XC in the dark up to Devil's Punchbowl and back. 

• Options

Found this short film about running that was posted on Facebook..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7T1EGSoMQ

• Options

Found this short film about running that was posted on Facebook..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7T1EGSoMQ

Don't know why this posted twice!!

• Options

there's an echo in here.... echo in here..... echo in......

Morning gang

• Options

wow... there are some candid responses to the questions and some very moving ones.  Worth watching that all the way through, thanks Chris.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

2hours on the bike on a very pleasant morning

Really looking forward to getting out of here but I better find a new job
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - Good luck on your last few days. Have you got any new prospects lined up?

SOC this morning and was almost ran over by a ninja cyclist. Considering I was lit up like a christmas tree and on a main road it was a little stupid for him not to see us. Luckily Boyska managed to dart out of the way quick enough and i managed to jump over his wheel. Gave me some nice adrenaline.

For those that have done beachy before is a backpack required? or will i be OK with my handheld drink?

• Options

Morning

Out at 3.30am with Geordie, wet and windy. he's got an upset stomach. Still wet and windy now.

30 mins steady later

psc: The lakes were great thanks. Lovely place to visit.

More to catch up on.

• Options

Getting back into these midweek runs now. 35km done by 9am (no water and only 2 gels). The last 5k all I could think about was food. The 5:40 start was a bit of a shocker for me.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    E mmy - nothing solid, following up a few things. Quite chilled really as I have 9 days in France coming up so break may not be a bad thing,

Having doubts about what I really want to do.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - i'm sure that the break will do you good. Are you cycling again in France?

I know a lot of people at the moment are reassessing what they really want to do with their lives. A few friends have gone through an assessment of their skills and passions. One has retrained as a teacher and the other is currently working with charities that are asking runners to raise money for them as its a sector that they're interested in.

I hope whatever the decision - it's something that you enjoy

• Options

Morning all: 

Up and out at 5,  Club night last night - structured stuff so a nice steady 6 miles this morning - Still windy but warm as well.

NW: nothing, zilch, not even Arnie Dawson's dads van - did hear a cockerel crow (although it might have been a chicken squarking)

• Options

A'noon

30 mins steadily done in the wind and rain

NW: 4 beer kegs, 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 squirrels and 10 geese

• Options

Nothing for me, overslept until 5.53, outrageous, but did do 5 miles and a club swim last night. Emmy, I didn't eve take water on BH, as far as I remember they take the aid stations very seriously.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Thanks Kate - i wasnt sure. I always take a drink with me as i cant drink in gulps

• Options

Emmy, Kate's right you don't need a backpack.  Last time I wore a water belt as the aid stations are spread out (every 5 miles I think) and it was a hot and windy October day.  This year my OH and I will probably be wearing hydration vests but not carrying a full load of water.  that way we can carry an extra layer and not worry about "racing".  We are really out having a fun long run with company this weekend and enjoying the aid stations which are, by the way, taken very seriously indeed.  One even has a brass band at it normally!!

5 miles done at lunchtime as a first and last training run for Beachy!  ;-)  Time to taper now.  image