Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning you lot

Morning Kate

Just off out.

Need to catch up again

Back later

• Morning

Track session last night with the tri club. 400s + 800s. Out for some hill reps later and swim tonight.

Took Rusty for a walk at Frensham yesterday when, from around the corner, appeared a procession of zombies. Poor dog didn't know what to make of them and looked very concerned when a women with bloody gashes on her face came over and started stroking his head!

Filming finishes tomorrow and 'Snow White and the Huntsman 2' arrives in January.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kate/PSC - Cant believe that i wont be at saxon shore image Will you be at dymchurch by chance?

Morning all,

Lovely run out there this morning. Only 1 unruly dog who i accidentally kicked out of the way as he tried to lunge for Boyska. Luckily my calf got in the way image

Chris - Your dog wouldnt be the only one afraid in those instances!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hi kids

Life is all go here.

Raced Sunday and I know it is quick for some people but was disappointed with 11th place/2nd vet in the time of 36.20 or so.

Can list all sorts of excuses for the performance and data analysis says my back was tight and I basically span my legs to bits.

I just expected better from myself

Had a job interview yesterday which went ok

Onto today and here is a laugh, we got heckled by walkers this morning while out on the bike this morning !!!!
  • evening

nothing for me because I am lurgified image

gobi - good luck with the job hunting

• Dymchurch... what's happening at Dymchurch.  All these events and I'm not doing them.  What is wrong with me.  I'm in a really (pleasant) lazy spell at the moment.  "Marathon-fit" is a state of mind I've decided!!  image  Although, that said, I am beginning to think of a schedule for Brighton.  I'm racing it.  There, I've said it.

• Morning,

Not long in from work

Need to catch up properly.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - good luck with the interviews/job hunt

PSC - take a look at saxon shore marathons. Lots of events down your neck of the woods (and more importantly not just marathons!). Ooh - you've committed now! image

Birky -how's work going?

A SOC for me and I just struggled this morning. One of those days!

• Morning all - terrible night's sleep so nothing, not often I don't feel inspired. On the upside track last night, and running and club swim tonight. PSC, I hope you're right with the state of mind thing, I am long run lacking. Hope for good news on the job front Gobi. I think you qualify for Strange O Clock with your hours at the moment birky.

• Morning again

emmy: I was working at a concert at the Glasgow Hydro last night. Same again tonight.

kate: Yeah good shoutimage as I'm working 5.30 - 11.30 pm tonight, then 7.30am -6pm on Friday. It is stewarding at a Christmas Fair

maths: Hope you feel better soon

• 35k done. Beautiful sunrise after an hour and a half. 140bpm the whole way - schockingly fast for me image http://www.strava.com/activities/220843643 I did the same run in August at the same HR and was 25mins quicker today. Same run in September and was 11 mins quicker today. Decreased body mass and increased fitness are paying off. No water, 3 gels. Felt awesome - no significant slow down till 31k. Sorry for all the details, but I'm really excited!

Hope everyone else's training is coming on strong image

• CharlesR: A good session mate.

• Blimey Charles, good work.

• Thanks!

So does everyone in here go running early because they have to or because they like it?

edit: That should have read "14 mins quicker than Sept"

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Charles - a stonker of a run! image well done!

I'm a bit of both. I like to have the run "out of the way" but honestly feel a lot better running in the mornings. I find sunrise to be very invigorating.

• Charles - brilliant run!

I like getting out early

nothing again apart from soc nose blowing image

• Morning

Working 12-7 today !

35mins Steady earlier.

NW: 2 dogs, 1 owl, 1 white cat, 1 cyclist

• Morning all - 7.5 miles, 5 x 1 mile efforts, then a short turbo. SOC means I don't miss it if work takes over, quiet roads, doesn't disturb family stuff, love how it makes me feel - when it stops and means I can get two sessions a day if I need to. 

• Morning

Rest day yesterday but out on the bike today.

Interesting couple of Tri Club sessions; firstly on the track on Monday I was told I need to change my running technique and then on Tuesday at the pool I was told I need to change my swimming technique!

Guess I'm probably doing the cycling all wrong as well!!

But that's the good thing about going to club sessions, getting coaching and having someone point out stuff that you're doing wrong and suggesting drills that will rectify it. 

So, plenty to work on!!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all image a tempo 10k as i was running late. Managed a threshold k as well!

Mathschick - my eyes tend to water when it gets cold.

NW: 3 kamikaze rabbits, a flock of geese, heron, 10 horses, flock of birds (that were moving in such an amazing formation - was quite stunning to see).

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Evening

71 miles on the bike in daylight - love it

Off for a curry tonight

Hey Chris nice to see you
  • Charles, good running "kudos" given.  Gobi, not a bad ride either!  Blimey, all go on here.  Even I managed a few miles this morning!

Chris, what's your view about the criticism?  What are you meant to change your running technique too?  Don't we all run differently?  We're all individuals and have our own natural style don't we?  I can think of a few world leading runners who have their own unique running style.

• Morning you lot

Easy session, cold, but dry out

NW: 1 owl, 1 dog, 1 cat,1 cyclist and 1 Kingsmill Van

Working 11 hr shift today 7.30am - 6.30pm

Back later

• Morning BIrky. Morning team !

Just back from a run down to the next village to check the roads. My normal route to work blocked by road works so will take the really the really mucky route to work. image
  • Chris, what did they say you should change from / to (for the running)?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    PSC - natural is often an excuse for poor form. Yes we have a way we run but there are always tweaks

Running is not as simple as one foot in front of the other

(Guess who does work on running technique)

Chris - as the others have said, what should you change ?

With all my free time I have not run yet today but will go out within the hour.

Enjoy
  • Evening

Wet here now

Working again tomorrow. Short shift from Noon until 5.30pm.

• Gobi, I'm sure you're right. I would love to have my gait analysed and do wonder what improvements I would see.
  • Meant running, not gait!
  • I'm very much open to constructive criticism which is what was being offered, so no problem there.

Apparently I need to be more upright, shoulders more relaxed and arms should be mimicking the action of bell ringing!

With the swimming I was told that I need to concentrate on getting my left arm higher out of the water and maintaining a flatter profile, which I'd sort of worked out for myself. Swam just over 3K today and with the adjustments noticed a smoother travel through the water and quicker lap time so the advice worked.

Is there a correct/incorrect way of cycling? I guess there must be. Over to you Gobi!!