Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Back from the physio. My back was out of alignment and the problem was with my abductor muscle spasaming! Says that I should be ok and suggested that I try & see how I am tomorrow. 

I can still feel it- so will be sensible. 

Franny-Well done on your 9 miler. 

• Wow AF I am sure you will be back running in no time. Just have to have a wee rest . I take it she has realigned you now image

• AF - hope that has sorted the problem for you

had a busy weekend with lots of swimming, though I have a stiff shoulder so think i should rest that a couple of days. Loads of marking to do to keep me busy!

• First run for 10 days this morning. Went and did a 4 miler and felt relatively ok and managed to average 8.45 minute miles. Fingers crossed I am on my way back!!

• Yayyyyyyyyyy AF sounds promising image

5 miles for me this morning image

• good news AF!!

I have a stinky cold so have not run for a while - or anything else. I am drowning in a sea of marking too - the kids I teach do too much work!!

• Oh dear Mathschick Hope you feel better soon.

Gym session for me this morning and a Club Track session tonight. Oooooooo what torture the coach will have in store I wonder imageimage

• Oh dear MC hope your cold goes asap.

Well I am a bit achey and now my back hurts...so didn't run this month...hopefully a club run tomorrow.

I will tell you something you youngsters reaching age 50 my body seems to be going downhill!

Franny-Enjoy track torture..it will be good for you in your mission to go under 4 hours at London. 

• hi - had a couple of long days, feeling rubbish and parents evening on Thursday made Friday hard. Having a lazyish day today, just shopping/cooking/housework stuff

AF - please don't tell me that, I am the wrong side of 45! 

• Hi Folks

Track session was great on Thursday image 8 x 800m repeats Tough but good. Yesterday I did 10 miles image 

AF Hope your back is better and you got out for your club run.

MC Hope your feeling better

Jude Wow Well done on doing your marathon distance all on your own image Fantastic

Deejay Where have you gone? Hope your okay and all the rest of the peeps who are hiding away somewhere.

• Franny-Well done on all of your exercise. Think I will be trailing you if I get the LM place. Managed 7 miles on Friday,but, really suffered later on. So not run since. image

Aiming to do a series of 3-4 milers this week to ease back in. Back is ok, but, can still feel the leg niggle.

Jude-Yes what a star you are. 100% respect to you. Really admire you - couldn't do that myself. You need to order yourself a bespoke medal.

MC-Hope you are better?

Seems that everyone is leaving this thread at least FB keeps us informed.  

• loads better now thanks, and somehow got myself out of bed early this morning for a run under the stars. It was cold and frosty but lovely

AF - take care

Jude - brilliant, takes some determination to run all that way without support etc

where did everyone go?

• HELLOoooooooooooooooooo

Glad your feeling better Mathschick and that you got out for a run

AF Look after your niggles please and don't make them worse. Hope your 3/4 milers work out well. You will be back at it in no time Its just your bodys way of saying Hey I need a rest from all this.You will come back better and stronger.

Well my club place official and confirmed and paid for imageimage Hotel booked too. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

5 miles for me this morning...Got track tomorrow night and its a mile race. I have never just run a mile before so wonder what my magic mile time will be image

Then its off for a wee weekend to Holland Friday till Monday with hubby......chilling time

• yayyyy franny image

have a great weekend in Holland

I just seem to spend most of my time at work this week ...

• Franny-Have a great time in Holland and enjoy your track night.

Hi MC.

Well I managed 3 miles relatively pain free on Tuesday, ached badly yesterday and not quite so bad today. So just 3 miles this week. May run tomorrow,but, not with girlies as am taking Mrs AF to hospital for an operation.

Trying to be sensible and getting frustrated. So although getting despondent the sad news about Philip Hughes (a cricketer who was a very exciting player & who I had the privilege to watch a couple of times live) put things into perspective.

• AF - hope Mrs AF is ok and it goes well tomorrow. 

Very sad about the cricketer

busy busy day at work, but off swimming tonight image

• Ooh....Mrs AF's operation was cancelled @ the last minute. She was about to go into the operating theater and then they couldn't find an anesthetist. So she is very upset - so hopefully 3rd time lucky some time next week. They couldn't even give us a new dates. Sadly shambolic.

MC-Hope you had a good swim,

Franny-Enjoy your romantic weekend. 

Managed 3 miles after I had come back from the hospital & before I heard the bad news from Mrs AF- at least I am not feeling too bad in the leg.

• AF - oh how awful about the operation! Must be a nightmare for your wife.

good that your leg isn't too bad though 

• It's chriiiiiissssstmmmaaassssss!!!! ( well k , not quiiiite )

Boss , sorry to read Mrs AF not having a good time image
  • Franny sis I'm back ! ????????????????* runs in panting Labrador stylee *
  • Oh god that sounded SO wrong image - not that I DO doggy impressions of course thts only saved for " special occasions " image - oops I'm going to runaway now before I get told off for cheek !
  • Oh dear oh dear-Loula...you fly in and bring this thread down to the gutter!!! Good to here from you. Seems a bit of a lonely thread here. 

Still awaiting for a date for Mrs AF..Life seems to be on a hold....still struggling with my leg..3 miles on sunday, felt a bit of pain yesterday, seems ok so hopefully 3 miles tomorrow. Just want to build things up a bit.

One bit of good news was that I managed to get the club place for London Marathon so hopefully can get my leg ok and train in the New Year. Fingers crossed that I can run with Franny and get her the sub 4 hours that I am sure she can achieve. 

• evening 

Loula!!!!! Hope you are well!

Af - take care of that leg. Have you seen a physio? Hope you get another date soon for Mrs AF, having life on hold like that is a pain

well, I have got my mojo back this week, ran yesterday and today and turboed yesterday too image

• Oh Boss I do hope you leg gets better ! Thts fabby that you got a place in VLM !! You'll be great , aiming 3:15?

Franny sis will do sub 4 too I just know it image
  • I am hoping for a decent training run this Saturday on the pretty ( and muddy now ) ridgeway . Looking forward to it as it's my chill out time and can switch off from the hubbub of work , it's my fave place apart from north downs way image

Cant believe time going so fast and my Thames trot ultra will be upon me !
  • No 3.15 for me Loula. Would like to run with Franny and get her  a sub 4. Need to get my mojo back & leg sorted.

• imageAfternoon All

Well Hello Loula sis...So happy you have rejoined us..Its been very quiet without you imageimage When is your Thames Trot ?

AF Delighted that you have a place for VLM imageimage  But hope you get that leg of yours sorted out. Am sure with a bit of rest you will be back fitter and stronger..just needs a little patience am afraid. I know only too well....Oh and give Mrs AF my regards and hope she gets her operation soon. Its such a pain that they can just cancel like that especially as she was almost in the operating theatre.

Mathschick Yay you have fond your MOJO...great stuff

We had a brill weekend in Hollandimage Was nice to be waited on and too do just what we wanted with no time constraints. Need to plan the next one now..love our weekends away together image

This Sunday is our running clubs 7 reservoirs Half Marathon Race..which you would love Loula and AF as you have seen some of the route.But unfortunately I didn't manage to enter it in time BUT ALL IS NOT LOST...I am going to be 1 of the tail runners ..so get to run it but have to deal with any emergencies if they occur and get to be LAST home image  which to be honest I would not be far off Ha ha Ju7st hope the weather is nice and bright and not rainy and too muddy. 

• loula - when is the Thames ultra and how far it is?

Franny - good to hear you had a good weekend. Tail runner sounds like the kind of job I should have image I like the sound of 7 reservoirs

rest day for me today because I am tired and have marking to do

• Franny sis yes I hope I can get on here more ! Lappy is too slow so I've saved the thread to my mobile page image aw your weekend away sounded lovely , did you see anything in particular ? The race you mention sounds fab too , bet the scenery would be stunning !

MC my Thames trot is feb 7th , a 50 mile to little Venice in London
  • evening

loula - sounds lovely

someone crashed into me on the way to workimage I am not hurt but she has made a mess of my car - she crashed into the side of me on a roundabout, was very aggressive, shouting at me, blaming me (it was not my fault, was quite clearly hers) and I am very proud that I remained calm and didn't shout back. After she had gone and I got my car off the roundabout and parked up I rang my husband in tears though! He did the right thing and came and rescued me and spent the day sorting out insurance company etc. My poor car is only 4 months oldimageimage