Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Oh MC. That is too bad.Hopefully the insurance gets sorted out & good that you are ok. Hope you have access to another car to get to and from work. Well done for finding your Mojo- hopefully you can find mine. 

Franny-That race sounds fab - it is so beautiful up there and my run with you was one of the highlights of 2014. I have passed on your thoughts to Mrs AF - 3rd time lucky on Tuesday. have not run this week,but, am aiming to go out with the ladies tomorrow.Doing my best to be sensible!!! Think I am going to take things easy for the next couple of weeks and then when I am off for the two weeks either side of Christmas ease back into my running. Can't even imagine being able to run a marathon at the moment!! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Loula-It's nearly the weekend and I need to be cheered up so can you misbehave and post some nice pictures of Russian pole vaulters!!! Franny-You are good at that too!!

• AF - good to hear that you are going to be sensible. Take care of your injuries, you don't want to be on the injury bench for ages.

We pay extra on our insurance to get a guaranteed hire car without having to wait for them to assess the damage, but they couldn't sort one out today so having to get it in the morning and will be late to work image not great but better than not having anything for a couple of days. Neither me nor my husband would be able to get to work by public transport

• loula - it is not pole vaulters that we need pictures of image

• Mathschick Oh how awful but the main thing is that you are okay but annoying about your car.

AF Pleased you are being sensible and you will be back running your best in no time at all. Remember I had 2 and half months of not being able to run with my Achilles injury and now I feel I a much stronger..touch wood  Good news about Mrs AF and fingers crossed for Tuesday

Loula Boss wants some pole dancing pictures imageimageimage Lets bring it on

• Oh my goodness MC are you ok ? Did the woman admit fault ?
  • I am ok, but no she didn't admit fault. It is in the hands of the insurance company now

• Oh and I did another track session last night 12 x 400m with 1 min active recovery between reps..........enjoying the track in a weird sort of way image

Cold and frosty morning here...hope its like this for Sundays Race as the hills look stunning from my living room window and I wannnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa runnnnnnnnnn

• oooh franny, good luck for the race, hope the weather is good on Sunday for you

well, got the hire car this morning, it is ok, but not as nice as my car. We have heard from the garage that it should only take about a week, they are replacing the doors and wing and refurbishing the alloy wheel. they had better do a good job of the wheel or we will demand a new one. With it being such a new car I think we can demand that!

• Morning

Yes Mathschick make sure you are happy with the repairs especially as it is such a new car. I remember a long time ago now when I got my 1st new car A lil red mini (the classic old style) Loved that wee car until some idiot ran into the side of it. I never felt the same about it again especially as they did not repair the door right and it leaked if you put it through a car wash or if it was heavy rain at a certain angle.

Well I have lost my voice and have a jaggy throat..fingers crossed I will be okay to tail run tomorrow as don't want to let the club down especially as I was given the vlm place. At least I don't have to run fast.

Waiting on new washing machine arrival...will be so pleased to finally get the washing done at home image

• franny - hope you are ok to run tomorrow. Not having a washing machine is a nightmare!

• Franny-Hope you are ok and enjoy your race in the beautiful Scottish conutryside.  

MC-Always wise to pay a little more for car insurance so that you get a hire car or could be very costly. Hope your car is all ok.   

Well I managed 8.5 miles on Friday with the ladies & am not in any pain at the moment!!! Haven't run this weekend as sorting out things with Mrs AF for her 3rd time lucky operation on Tuesday.

Will ease back into running...hopefully 3 miles tomorrow and wednesday.   

hospitiut hhAVE/yt-www

• Hellooooooooooo everyone

Back from my chilly brrrrrrrrr freezing  windy conditions with hail ,snow and sunshine 7 res HM as tail runner...or should that be tail walker.....lol.....The last runner home was a novice runner and her 1st HM ever but crazy to do such a challenging race as her 1st event as its very challenging course and entry clearly states not suitable for novice runners .Well done to her for finishing it but the poor marshalls were frozen to death standing about waiting. At least I could keep moving of sorts and keep warmish although my feet were like ice blocks LOL.Anyway job done and enjoyed my day out in the beautiful hills.

Well done on your run AF and all the best for your wife for Tuesday...fingers crossed. 

• well done franny - how long did the last runner take?

AF - well done on your run and good to hear that your legs are ok.

Fingers crossed the op goes ahead on Tuesday

I had a lovely slow 8 mile run/walk this morning, managed to get out when the temperature was nice and the sun was shining, it was clouding over and starting to rain just as I got back.

And we have been out buying xmas pressies while the kids have been at band practice. It is the big Christmas concert for them both tomorrow. And I am off to the panto with school so tomorrow will be a day of sitting around in audiences!

• morning everyone, I have had a bit of a manic week. The panto was a bit of a farce, because it started so late that we had to leave in the interval to get the kids back to school on time!

The concert was going well until the interval when youngest son said he was ill and I had to take him home, so I missed the second half of that too!

Then parents evening on Tuesday was another late night. 

Survived the week, had a few short runs and a couple of swims though image

• Oooooooooo where is everyone...busy I expect

Mathschick you sound extra busy well done on getting run and swims in.

Erm the last runners time was 3.20 Not got a problem with people wanting to complete a HM but not wise to choose a Club hill run in extreme weather for a very 1st one. And as the club organizing it we felt a responsibility to her to get her to the end but oh I was so so cold at the end of it MC..took me about 3 hrs to warm up again HA Ha

Been out a wee 7 miler very early this morning but still icy in parts so went gingerly.One of our club members had a nasty fall at parkrun on Saturday as it was icy and has fractured his wrist in 4 places and needs surgery Ouch

Hope everyone is well

AF Did your wife get her operation last week and how is your injury ????

• Morning,

Yes my wife had her operation last Tuesday and came out of hospital on Saturday. As the hospital was 25 miles away spent a lot of time driving to see her & only did 3 3 milers. My leg is still not 100% in fact despite not running since Friday doesn't feel brilliant. Am hoping to get back to some decent runs next week as I am off for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New Year. So am frustrated!!!!

Franny-Well done on your 7 miler. So need to get my leg sorted and mojo back! Sounds like  your club held a well organised race. But yest 3.20 for a 1/2 is probably a bit frustrating to marshall for!

MC-Sounds like a busy week. Such a shame the pantomine was a farce. Really poor that they started so late as I suspect the whole audience were children and other groups left at the same time.

So it seems there are just 3 of us left on this thread. Not sure there is much point in a 2015 thread.

• franny - well done on being back marker. 

gosh, how awful about the person falling at parkrun! I hate ice, I always fall..

AF - hope your wife is recovering well from the op. Have you seen a physio about your leg?

Busy week again this week, started with presentation evening today at school. My eldest son is in concerts every night this week...

bit sad about the demise of the thread...

• Morning

AF Pleased your wife's operation went well and hope your leg will be better soon. Just try to build up slowly again whilst you are off. Plenty of time to pick up speedy runs once you are back out there again.

MC Hope the concerts go well. Do you have to go to them all?

I did 5 miles this morning and a interval treadmill session yesterday which was suggested to me by the track coach.

YES its very sad that this thread seems to be coming to an end. Not sure why it has. Don't know where everyone has gone or are still even running apart from Loula and Jude and us 3. Not sure about Deejay either image 

However If you 2 are up for it we can still post here as I would miss you guys. I know we are friends on facebook but folk get fed up if all your posting is about running and you cant just write stuff that you can on here.

SO lets keep the old thread going as it is with no 2015 update. What do you think ?

• Franny-That sounds like a plan & a good way of keeping the thread going. It is a shame and it would be good to share our plans for the New Year. Would be great if we could get naught Loula back on an ad hoc basis. Hopefully Deejay is still running as he is doing Brighton marathon 2015.

MC-Hope your concert went well.

Managed 5.2 miles this morning-1st run since Friday as busy looking after wife who is still in a lot of pain and not sleeping very well. Pleased to say  my run was 90% painfree so am easing back into it for the remainder of the year. Hope to run on Friday and may do Park Run on Sunday.

Bye for now....

• yes, definitely keep this thread going! we can just carry on without a new one

AF - take it steady with your leg. Hope your wife is ok

Not going to them all, but we went to the jazz one tonight which was close to home and excellent. Basically Tues/Weds/Thurs is the same concert in different venues. All teenagers and jazz/swing music - they are a bunch of talented youngsters, loved the concert.

last day at school tomorrow then on Friday I am going for a spa break overnight for my birthday ;D

4 mile run this morning and it was so warm I was back in shorts!

• imageHello MC and AF image

AF Pleased your running going in the right direction but go easy. Enjoy parkrun on Saturday .

Mathschick The concerts sound wonderful image Enjoy your spa break and get pampered. I know its so mild The temps are crazy below freezing one minute then into double figures Bizarre image

I have track session tonight which I look forward to and dread  in a weird sort of way LOL

And tomorrow our company flies us down to London heathrow to the Sofitel hotel for our Christmas party. Looking forward to it image Going to get nails done this afternoon and think I will go for sparkly gold image

Cannot believe that 1 week today is Christmas Day image Love the build up to it over the next few days even though I will be working right up to Christmas Eve at 10pm. Hopefully it won't be too busy.

• Morning

8 x 600 metres with 200 metre recovery at track last night in the pouring rain and a gailforce wind at bits. image Hard hard work

Off to London on the plane for Works big Christmas bas Have a good weekend folks.

• hi all

franny - well done on the track session! Have a great time at the work do!

Well,I have finished, doing housework because the boys want to put the tree up while I am away so needed to clear some stuff to make room for it!!

• Been absent for a very long while..... just popped in.

Franny - have a great works do.

MC - have a lovely spa.

AF - get well wishes to you and your wife.

Hi DJ and Loula if you pop in at all.

I've been having a long rest after my lone marathon. (I suppose that was how the first ever marathon was run!) Been going to the fitness room but planning when I can run outside is always a bit like planning a military campaign.

Busy at work and busy with the kids like everybody else! Just finished a week of school presentations which are always very tiring. 5 weeks to go until the end of our term. (20 weeks this time) Working Christmas Day and kids are at school but having a little celebration on the following Sunday. (English Cultural Day!!!)

Glad you have decided to keep the thread going. Will try to pop in more often but having no runs to report always makes my posts a bit negative?!

Anyway, it's the weekend!!! xx

• Evening all

Hi Jude Its always great to hear from you even if its not running related image AF is going to love you for the picture image

Mathschick Hope you got the tree up

AF Did you get to parkrun ?

No running from me today but did do a lot of dancing last night though. Good party But very tired today Hmmmmmmmmm wonder why that is image

Just noticed there are no Christmas smilies

• Jude-welcome back lovely picture!

Franny-Have a great party, I guess next time you will be in London will be marathon time. I officially entered yesterday. Hope you have a better flight home than las year!

MC-Have a great time in the spa & happy birthday.

Well I did 6.2 miles yesterday, but, decided not to do the park run as could still feel the pain in my leg & as park is muddy & slippery decided best not to aggregate it. May run with my ladies tomorrow as need a little break after being a good hubby looking after my wife!

• morning

Jude - don't worry about not having any running to report! I haven't done a great deal lately. 

Franny - sounds like a good night was had, get plenty of rest day!

I had a lovely time at the spa lazing about doing nothing! image Don't often get the chance to do that

the tree is up image

will force myself out for a run today though

AF - take care of that leg, probably a wise decision not to do a slippery park run

• have a lovely Christmas everyone if I don't get chance to get on before image

• Hi everyone

Still trying to shrug of this damned sore throat and Poor Chico has been very unwell with vomiting Aarghhhhhhhhhhh

Thoughts are with the poor families struck by yesterdays tragedy in Glasgow.