Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Out just after 5am and 12 miles run, the body is ok. Delighted not to have anything serious wrong.

Morning kids
  • It's always nice to have a non-painful run. Unfortunately, being in my late 40s I don't get many of those.

No run today - off to lift weights followed by a spin class.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Gobi - that's a fair amount!

Birky - Morning

Gobi - that's good to hear!

Cal - morning! Enjoy weights and spin!

A horrid run out there this morning. Pitch black, wind and rain and all those horrid things. I kept thinking to myself: These are the runs that we are made of.... 10k done, pooch loved it, me less so!

Busy with work at the moment so will try to pop in later image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    sorry Cal

I'm in my mid 40s, I NEVER expect my running to hurt. When it does either I have had a bike crash or it is my retired runner issues reminding me I need to back off a little.

E mmy - fair amount on the bike or my little jog ?

I am very relieved that beyond a little bruising I have escaped Sundays crash just fine. Too much of 2014 has been impacted by my impact with the ground. That said I wouldn't change anything just need to improve those off road skills which means you guessed it.

more crashing image
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - Please can you crash into a vat of pillows? image I meant on the bike but your running times are impressive too!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha

probably not
  • gobi - be careful with those crashes

cal - I am in my late 40s now, have had injury issues in the past, and I am not a particularly good runner, but I don't expect it to hurt! Depends what you mean by painful. 

4 mile run this morning, back in shorts as it was so warm.

planning another run tomorrow and a swim in the evening, but won't have time to pop on here as I have to ferry eldest son around as well! 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    pucks in ankles and impacts with the floor were all forgotten last night as the Old boys beat the current squad. Ok most of us are playing again this year in Div 3 but we expect to lose.

We started playing this game in memory of a young man who was killed in a sky diving accident, sad how tragedy gets people together.

Off on ANOTHER long bike ride while the weather is holding. Windy I can live with
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - Well done on the win!

Have fun on the bike.

Another SOC this morning and I ended up like a drowned rat. Boyska once again loved it after splashing around in the fields.

• Morning you lot from a very wet West of Scotland.

Morning emmy.

35mins steady and got soaked.

NW: Lots of puddles, 1 white cat, 1 dog. 1 wet cyclist.

Coffee time

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30519867

17 December 2014

Wednesday is thought to be the busiest postal day in the year.

The Royal Mail sorting centre in Glasgow is processing so many Christmas cards that surplus glitter, spilling out of envelopes, is threatening to clog up their machines.

I'm not on this bbc Scotland news report, but it's the kind of thing I do. That and sort parcels.

• mathschick & Gobi - well hurt is probably too strong a term. I have a couple of little grumbles. Having said that, I am having a lot of trouble with a little muscle called levator scapulae  that runs from your neck to your upper back and is causing my all sorts of issues with my shoulder and arm. That hurts enough to make sleeping a challenge. Getting a sports massage on Monday so hopefully that will help a bit. It is not related to my running but it does impact it indirectly, so there's that.

Easy run today - same 3.5 mile run but in 36.47. Not like my body gave me a choice today - it's knackered. I've done some form of exercise every day since Thursday 11th so that'll be why. I don't normally do so much but as I'm on school holidays, that's how I'm filling my time. Also conscious of the five days I'll have off over Christmas where I'll doubtless spend a lot of time sitting (and eating!)

• Still raining but now 'smiry rain' here.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

We have this sort of pissy rain at the moment. It's like drizzle but not as drizzly or thick. It's like a really wet mist that comes and goes.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    83 miles on the bike today. Windy but warm

will miss this when I go back to work
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

83 miles?! Jesus. Did you cycle to me? image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Not bad added to m 82 on Tuesday image
  • Morning you lot

Just off out

Gobi: Great milage mate.

Back later.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning Kids

Would anyone be surprised if i said I was going out on my bike ?

Laters
  • Morning again

Gobi: More surprised if you weren't to be honest !image

35 mins Steady through the puddles earlier. Okay session.

NW: 1 owl, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 robin red breasts, 1 Kingsmill Van,  12 I think, Christmas Trees with lights on ! At that time ?!

• Oh and we had a discussion in work about 1980s training and sports shoes last night. I thought I had an interest.

One of the guys quoted just what seemed about every adidas football boot and training shoe of the early 80s !

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - really? I hope its not as windy as it is here.

Birky - that's a great NW!

A really tough run this morning. Howling wind, pouding rain.... I almost gave up but I didn't... I instead got soaking wet, had a run where I tested myself but its done and i'm all warm now!

NW - Some ducks, heron, 4 cows, 5 dogs

• morning all

gosh, back to being cold after 2 very warm days here! Finally on holidays but totally shattered. Off to a spa for 24 hours of doing nothing - my birthday present! Nothing better than some time doing nothing and reading/sleeping - well, there is a nice pool and I'll take my running stuff too. but peace and quiet will be good after the hectic time we have had lately

• Have fun, mathschick. I went to the Sanctuary a couple of times in the 90s and enjoyed chilling out, but I've not been to a spa in years.

No run for me today, just a spin class. I'm aiming for a longer run on Sunday so I want to get nice and recovered before then.

• evening all, sorry not been around much.  Been a busy bee!

Schedule this week is hanging together, got a 11 miler to find this w/e.  Should be OK. 

Gobi, some decent milage on the bike.  Mine are hibernating now.  They are in a state of light pres gently soaked in WD40!  

What's all this talk of spas.  Sounds like fun! image

Birky - tough times for you guys at this time of year.  But good for business I guess.  

Works do tonight - could be quite fun.  Won't be a late one though.

toodle pip

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    My track /tt/ race bike are all in hibernation but everything else is working.

2hrs mtb today

enjoy relaxing Maths
  • Happy birthday Maths. Have a great day.

Off out now back later.
  • Morning all - I'm going to call this morning's 6.5 mile run interval training, it was in fact delivering Christmas cards. Core after to keep the mince pies in check. Portsmouth marathon tomorrow, as long as the wind stays away should be good. Happy birthday MC, happy weekending to you all.

• Well that was a useful threshold run.  I'm still loving the fact that as I get older I'm improving.  Not much NW about today - maybe the chilling wind was keeping everything in burrows and nests!  Thank God for my old freebie ballbuster cycling jumper which kept me warm enough.

Good luck at Pompei Kate.  

Operation "Tree" today.... 

• morning all

kate - this is a bit late but good luck!

I had a lovely relaxing time, got back last night and managed not to get cross with the kids till this morning image

will head out for a run soon - I think it is really mild again so shorts it is