Mundane thread

Comments

• Bookie, if you told them that free food was available they would have turned up.

I had the last of my homemade tomato soup for lunch.

• I've had my last appointment at the hospital with the consultant.  Just the chemo on Friday and then I don't think I have to go to that hospital again

• What cookbook is that booktrunk?

Well done SC, onward and upward.

I love ginger cake as well. 

• I've finished work and been unexpectedly invited out for drinks this evening.  I think this is going to be the best Christmas in a long time

• I've got a blazing fire going in the bedroom. Think I might take myself to bed with a good book.

• Merry Christmas everyone, what you reading Mouse? Last book I enjoyed was Do No Harm, I've been re-reading old science fiction on my ipad lately.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Merry Christmas you lovely lot! imageimage

• I am currently reading Do no harm, very good. About to have sleep number 3 today and sure that I will sleep tonight as well, had scrambled eggs on toast for lunch.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas mundanies image hope you've all had a cheesy day. I have. I've also had a bit of a winey and beery day. And sprouts, yum. All good stuff.
  • I had plenty of cheese but no wine or spouts.  I got the obligatory socks as a present

Despite everyone's best efforts I really struggled to enjoy Christmas.  Best one I've had for years though

• I enjoyed Christmas. Went for a run Christmas morning and was invited to a friends house for lunch so that I wouldn't be alone. How nice is that.
    Boxing day we went for a sea swim, then back to another friends house for mince pies and mulled wine. image 
    Yesterday was another sea swim and tea and a chat. Today I marshalled at a xc race. Saw lots of people. image

I chatted to a nice bloke on Match, but haven't heard from him since. I don't think he is interested which is quite depressing but that's life. Odd that it should be so upsetting. I remember Solb having similar feelings. Guess it's just a bit of a knock when you are already feeling down. I've only just started looking, just have to be patient.

Family visitations on Tuesday to look forward to.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

(((((hugs everyone)))))

Back at work today. Humbug. The roads were deserted though, which was nice. Now if someone could arrange for all of the usual traffic to permanently stay off the roads, I'd be very grateful. 

• I'm back to work too Bookie - we had a lovely Christmas - I got a FitBit which I'm loving (it really works for people with a touch of OCD - I couldn't go to bed in the evening without finishing all my steps lol - Murray is getting walked more than usual) - I also got a streaming cold which I'm not loving...ah well...3 days work this week then off for another long weekend...I love not working lol!

• Hope you're feeling better bookie?

Hog just look at where solb is now...give it a bit of timeimage

I read do no harm recently, fascinating.

Mrs P's Birthday today, I just realised I have booked a restaurant next to the wrong theatre dammit.

Caz when can you drink wine again?

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Mrs. P! image 

How far is the right theatre? Is a nice post-meal, pre-theatre walk an option?

I'm still grotty. One side of my throat is white, and my throat sort of feels stiff when I try to swallow - very painful, right into my ear image I have clinic this afternoon - should be interesting! Cross everything for some post-Christmas DNAs!

Which FitBit do you have GFB? I'm going to get one image

• Happy birthday Mrs P - a good time to have a b'day image

What is Fitbit other than a pedometer? It just seems a bit expensive unless it does something else?

• Restaurant is in piccadilly, theatre in soho, I thought I had booked one show but I booked another. image.

so with train times etc I think a good lunch will be better than an evening meal. Mrs P is partial to Harry Ramsden's at Euston as it happens.

she has been very poorly too, rotten cough, so we prolly won't be walking, I shall take a hansom or a brougham.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Happy birthday to you too Bear! image

What's the show, Mr. P?

Mrs. P is a lady of good taste. Chips are a food of the gods image 

There's a bottle of red wine on my desk - a gift from one of the surgeons. I'm not sure what to do with it.

• Send it my way Bookie - I prefer white but I'll suffer the redimage

It's my mum and dad's 52nd wedding anniversary today...and they still like each other lol

Bear - it's a pedometer, tracks your calories burned, and you can log the calories you eat, it tracks your sleep (hopefully to get you to sleep better) it sets you a goal of how many steps a day to walk and it rewards you with flashing lights and vibrating on your wrist (lol) when you've hit your targets.  It syncs to either your phone or computer so therefore making the nerd happy (ie me image )

Bookie I got the Flex 

• Oh and I forgot to say that I found a really easy way to get rid of Christmas leftovers...in the middle of making a delicious turkey and ham pie - leave the kitchen unattended for 2 minutes and your blonde labrador will sneak in and finish off all the chopped up meat about to go into the pie mix image - she had turkey and ham - we ended up with carrot soup!

• image I can eat the carrots if it's a still a problem? Belated merry christmas and happy birthday Mrs P and Bear. image

I have some excellent news there is snow up here today, proper snow as well none of this wimpy slush. Not sure I'm going to get the chance to enjoy it. but you never know. imageimage

• Evening all.

I have just wasted 25 mins of my life mulling wine. Not sure I can be bothered doing that again.

I have missed you all, but I can't seem to keep up with everything. Mundane hugs ((()))

• Is mulling wine like mulling things over?

Early night after a lovely meal out, Spaghetti Vongole my favourite, and tomorrow we are off to that London image.

• KJ the secret to making mulled wine is drinking ever tea or single malt so you don’t get bored. It’s not brilliant stuff though you could have just drank single malt instead. image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Mulled wine tastes like potpourri image

Zero patients today. One booked in for tomorrow. Such a waste of time, I could be crocheting!! 

• I seem to have awoken from several days of slumber to find snow on the ground.

• I like mulled wine. But tend to make it cos I'm the only one who does like it and I'd end up *having* to  drink it all myself.

*wonders when Bookie actually tasted potpourri*

• I like drinking other people's mulled wine.  I'm not that great at making it myself

• I like mulled cider,