Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Afternoon,

Very sad the trgedy in Glasgow yesterday. Thoughts are with there families.

Franny-Hope Chico and you feel better.  

MC-Hope you are enjoying the hols and been out for a run.

Did 6 miles on Sunday with the ladies and did struggle a bit. Haven't run since but meeting up with a few from the club tomorrow and then will rest my leg for a few days.

Hope everyone has a great christmas.

• franny - hope you get better soon

Awful tragedy in Glasgow, so many people must be affected. 

AF - take care of the leg

I have been getting out for some short runs, and doing some turbo sessions while I am at home with the kids

• Franny - Hope you and Chico are feeling better.

AF - How's the leg?

MC - Well done for getting some runs in!

Happy Christmas everybody! Have a good one! xxxximage

• morning all

nice 4 miler in the cold this morning

hope everyone had a good xmas

• Morning

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and that Santa brought you what you asked for.

I unfortunately was unwell still with the dreaded lurgy that has and is still going around. really struggled on Christmas Day but Mum In Law had made a lovely meal..was just a pity I wasn't up to eating it all image Got lots of lovely prezzies...new garmin and new running shoes image Not tried either out yet as not been well enough to attempt running as even walking Chico has been a struggle  BUT think I am on the mend now but have to go back to work tomiz....hope to maybe get a run done on Tuesday morning before work in the afternoon.

Hope you all have had a fab time and are keeping well image Speak soon folks

• morning

franny - sorry to hear you haven't been able to enjoy the time off, hope you are able to get a run in tomorrow

I haven't run for a couple of days now because of the snow and ice, I just know I will fall flat on my bum!

went to see the Hobbit yesterday which the kids and OH really enjoyed. Then a meal at pizza express after, the roads near to Nottingham are ok, but where we live they are pretty bad. We have come over to the in-laws today and they are terrible over here! A lot of people are not happy about the lack of gritters

• Oooooooooo you have snow and ice How awful The weather here is bright sunny but cold PERFECT running if you are well enough Grrrrrrrrrrr Must be feeling better coz I really wanna run but know it will set me back. Will hold out till Tuesday.

Mathsschick Sounds like you had a nice day out. Best not to run in the ice...remember what happened to my running club mate 2 weeks ago.....

• Franny - I only go outside in the ice if I really really have to - like for work!! Otherwise I try to stay in where I can't hurt myself image

• Afternoon,

Hope every one had a great Christmas?  

Franny-Hope you get out to run soon. Need to test drye the Garmin-what one did you get?

MC- No snow around here.

Not run since Christmas Eve- trying to rest my leg- reallly need to go out 2mrrw for a test drive tomorrow!! Fingers crossed.   

• morning

AF - which garmin have you got? I have the 910xt and love it. Would like to get the new 920xt but can't really justify it!

the snow is still here, as compacted horrible slippy ice, so no running for me till it has gone, but looks like it is going to start getting milder. Doesn't hurt to do some turbo stuff anyway, and at least I am still at home then and don't get any remarks made about being absent!

• MC- I have the Garmin 220. The 920XY series are for triathletes I think so if I was one I think I would want one!!! I hate the slippy ice after snow freezes. Enjoy the turbo.

1st run since Christmas Eve- 3.2 miles and seemed pain free so heres hoping! Will be doing my best to ease back in. 

Can't get my head around long distances at the moment, but, need to get into long run mode in the next few weeks as a lead up to the London Marathon.

• well done on the run AF

I also need to start doing some longer runs - I have the Barcelona Half in less than 7 weeks image

• Helloooooooooooooo and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

I finally got out for a run YESTERDAY morning and it was a horrible morning wind and raining but I just needed to get out there and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did 10 miles image I was meant to be doing a race THE PORTOBELLO PROMATHON 4 miler but decided not to do that as didn't feel I would do it justice HA Ha

AF Santa brought me the Garmin 220...used it yesterday..think I will like it just takes a little getting used to after the 110. It kept switching off after every mile yesterday but think that was because I had 1 mile alerts on it..so kept having to resume it imageimage

Hope everyone had a nice new year..we had a very quiet one and went off to bed early.

• Happy New Year...

Franny-The Garmin 220 is great. My 1st run with it was strange as being a typical man  I didn't read the instructions!!!  We also had a very quite NY as Lisa is still recovering from her op. 

I have a manged to run every day this year so far 3.2 yesterday & 6.5 this morning. Fingers crossed that I am ready for marathon training. Going to be sensible and build up my distance. May do Park Run tomorrow - although the weather forecast is rubbish!! 

• Happy New Year everyone

I did a tempo run today - it was really hard to push myself as I normally just run easy or maybe a few intervals, but rarely a sustained tempo. It is because I was reading a book about HR training and trying to find my lactate threshold hr so needed to do a 30 min time trial. Now I have done it I need to re-read that section of the book to work out what to do with the number I have got!!

Went for a quick trip into Nottingham today to the sales but only ended up buying some pillowsimage then went to a running shop that is closing down (shame because it is the best running shop Nottingham has) and got some trail shoes and socks reduced! I need to go and run on some muddy fields now to make use of themimage

tomorrow I need to get back into the old routine of spinning class then swimming. Haven't swum for a couple of weeks now so that will be hard work!

• belated happy new year everybodyimageimage

• phantom!!!!! How are you????

• hi. I'm  good thanks.How are things with you?

• Happy New Year everybody!

Hi Phantom!

MC - enjoy your swimming!

Franny - good to see you are well again and out running.

We got Thursday and Friday off of school so I went for a run yesterday while daughter and middle son were training. Little son came with me so it was slow but he managed just under 3 miles. Not bad for a little 'un on his first attempt ( he's still 7). He says his legs ache today.....My first run for a long time.

BFN

• morning

I am good Phantom, things are going well here at the moment

Jude - well done to you and your son, 3 miles is a long way for a 7 year old!

swimming was hard after a few weeks off!

• Hi all!

MC - Well done on your swim.

I did another short run this morning. This time with both sons. They had fun and said they wanted to come with me every Sunday. Well, we'll see how long that lasts!! We ran in the Botanic park and lots of the runners I normally see made a nice comment to encourage them. image

Had a bit of school work today and the next three weeks are going to get busy as it's coming up to the end of our term. Then two weeks off! Yippee!

BFN folks!  

• evening

Jude - running with your boys sounds nice! 

I had a terrible night's sleep and also sore throat and cough, so haven't done my planned long run or swim today image

Back to work tomorrow

Jude - bet you are looking forward to the time off!

• Oh no MC! Get well soon!

Yep, really looking forward to the break although we have a severe weather warning this week so we may get an early slow holiday.

• Morning,

Jude-Good to see you have your suns running with you.Hope they continue to enjoy it. Enjoy your two weeks off.

MC-Hope you feel better today. 

Hi Franny

7.3 miles yesterday and pleased to report that I felt comfortable with minimal pain and am not paying for it today. Also my 1st 20 mile week since beginning of November. Fingers crossed I am back and will now start to build up the mileage over the next few weeks and start focusing on the London Marathon. 

• hi all

AF - well done on the run and good that your leg is ok

still not great - dry throat which is making it hard to teach image

• imageEvening

Phantom Nice to hear from you

Jude I see on FB you have got a snow day image

AF Well done on your run almost pain free and.hope it continues to be so.

Mathschick Hope you aren't coming down with the Lurgy

Went out for an 11 mile run yesterday morning and been to the gym this morning.

AF question about the 220...I switched the auto lap off but now it doesn't record my mile splits and if I have it on it beeps every mile and switches off and then I have to press resume every mile...surely there is a way around this or am I being silly image

• Franny- The auto lap should record each mile split. It may not be quite set up properly. I remember my 1st run with the 220 and hadn't set up auto lap properly. Can't help you without seeing the watch. Best to look at the tutorials or google DC rainmaker  for an online tutorial. Sorry I can't be of more help. Well done on your 11 miles.

MC-Hope you are feeling better today?

3.25 miles yesterday and a killer bootcamp. Will run again tomorrow - still being sensible. Just want to do a 20 mile week this week as a bit short of time. 

• evening

well done AF

slept better last night and have been feeling better today. Still no exercise but maybe tomorrow. Hopefully another good night's sleep will leave me feeling great tomorrow. Hope so because it is back to my Thursday night swim sessions and I really don't like missing them!

• Was going to run 1st thing this morning,but, at 7.30 am it was still pitch dark and torrential rain- though the better of it!!!

Running with the ladies tomorrow and a run at the weekend.

Next week I will get 4 runs in + will probably run from my office at 8.00am when it lightens up. Hate these dark mornings.

• Hello from snowy Edinburgh

AF Got my watch working correctly now and love it. I went for a wee 3.5 mile run yesterday image Hope you got your run with the ladies.

MC Hope you managed to get some exercise done too and have caught up on better nights sleep.