Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• hi

Franny - glad you sorted your watch out!

well, missed my Thursday swim and did nothing yesterday (well, apart from work) but went to spinning this morning. Decided swimming as well would be too much as I am still not great, but glad that I did something. Also went out for a walk, got caught in the hail though ouch!

• Evening,

Franny-Yes I managed 8.3 miles with the ladies + one guy!! A little slow but I am not suffering from it today. Planning another run with the club tomorrow- perhaps 10!! Weighed myself yesterday and was somewhat dimayed that I had gone from 11 6 to 12 stone inthe three weeks since I last wighed myself. Not imprssed!!! tIt can be nice running in the snow before it turns to sludge. Good to here that you have mastered the Garmin.

MC-Sounds like you are recovering. I have been doing a lot of walking over the lasy couple of months instead of running.  

Bye for now time to make Mrs AF fajitas!

• yeah, definitely recovering. Tomorrow I am getting out and will walk if running seems like too much. I need to get some kind of distance in my legs whether it is walking or running. 

• Noooooooo Missed the fajitas.......lol

AF Pleased your running is now pain free.

Mathschick Glad you got back into some exercise with the spinning...that's hard work so you are right to ease yourself back into it.

I have been working over the weekend but plan to do 12 miles tomorrow and hope its not icy like it was this morning when attempting to walk to work

• evening

slept for 10 hours last night image must have needed it and feel loads better. Did a slow 4 mile run/walk, and that felt fine so going swimming tonight too

Franny - hope the weather isn't too bad where you are. Looks like we are in for a windy week

• Afternoon,

Well done on your 12 miler Franny and MC on your 4 miler.

Resting today after 10.1 miles yesterday - 1st double figure run since beginning of November.

Miserable day down here.

• Wow that was a long sleep Mathschick and well done on your run. Hope the swim went well too.

I had an embracing 12 mile run this morning with all sorts of weather wind hail snow and some sunshine thrown in. Thoroughly enjoyed it image

• well done both of you on your runs

Swim went well, but felt tough after so long of not swimming!

Spinning and insanity tonight

OH has an infected tooth and is feeling sorry for himself!

• AF well done on your double figure run.we must have posted at the same time LOL

Mathschick Swimming and Insanity Wow you go girl Hope OH feels better soon for your sake x

• Opted for an indoor run this morning due to the ice and snow image Not the same feeling though as a run outside.

Hope everyone is well

• evening

franny - hope the weather isn't too bad where you are, we have some pretty strong wind here

OH is feeling better, he has antibiotics for an infection in his tooth and needs to have a filling redone (or it might turn into a root canalimage)

did a really gentle run yesterday morning

• Hi all!

No running to report as very busy with portfolios after school and at the weekend. Excuses, excuses!  Managed a long walk while kids were in the cinema on Sunday. (I wanted to run but it was too icy. ) Weather has been crazy and unpredictable.  We had a snowstorm on Monday and real trouble getting home from school, only for there to be no sign of it on Tuesday morning. Really looking forward to school holiday now but still one week to go.

Daughter has her grade 6 piano on Friday (I teach her)....hasn't done enough practice (too busy poor thing) but giving it a go anyway, fingers crossed she passes.

Younger son's first tooth came out today - he's very pleased as he's the last one in his class!

That's all my news....image

Well done on all your training, indoor and out, as always you put me to shame!image

xxx 

• good luck for her piano exam Jude!

• Jude Hope your daughter got on well with her piano exam

Well I went to track session last night after 4 weeks of being away from it. It was a pyramid session which consisted of 1x400m 1x800m 1x 1200m 1x1600m then 1200,800,400 It was a tough one especially in the strong wind.

So rest day for me today...well earned I think

Have a great weekend everyone whatever you are all up to.

• Afternoon,

Oops sorry for not reporting in!!

Jude-Good to here from you. Hope your daughter does well in her exam.

MC-Well done on your run.

Franny-All of this speed work!! You are going to be a speedy lady at London

Well did 4 miles on Tuesday with bootcamp after, 3.2 yesterday and a further 6 miles with the ladies this morning. Then hoping to return to the Park Run tomorrow! Sounds like it is going to be chilly tomorrow morning! 

On Sunday I am thinking about doing a 11 miler or so- need to get into marathon mode!!

BFN

• morning

Jude - how did the piano exam go? We are still waiting to hear how my youngest did on his trombone grade 2 which he did before xmas, his teacher is going to email the ABRSM because it is taking so long for them to send the results

AF - looks like you have got your leg sorted now? I also need to do 11+ miles tomorrow, Manchester marathon in April and Barcelona Half in 4 weeks so really need to ramp up the distance!

I did spinning and kettlebells yesterday - first time I have done kettlebells and I can feel the DOMS starting already! God knows what I will be like tomorrow and Monday!

• Hi all!

MC - Hope you aren't aching too much and that you get out for your 11 miles.

Franny - Gosh that sounds a tough session on Thursday! Must be enjoyable though!

AF - well done on your training. Good luck for your 11 miles too.

Daughter's piano exam went OK (she said). Hubby took her as it was during school time and I couldn't change my lessons. She may not pass this time as she really hasn't done enough practice. It's just so hard fitting everything in with 2 and a half hours swimming every evening and on Saturdays (plus travel time). She wants to keep going though so she must be enjoying it...

MC - gosh that's a long wait for a result, isn't it?  We have waited up to 6 weeks here before but then we are abroad.

I'm planning a run with big boy tomorrow morning.  Little one says he wants a lie in.image I need to run as I'm feeling lethargic and had trouble fitting in my trousers today.

Spent day at school today with portfolios again. They are finished now thank goodness.  Little boy had his one too. It was sweet and he has improved so much since we took him to my school. School is hard work nowadays though.  Can't believe he is only seven and is doing long multiplication already. How much homework do your kids get MC and AF?

• Afternoon all,

Jude-My daughters seem to get a lot of homework, but, my youngest step son deosn't seem to get much. Eldest is 16 so she is doing her exams in the summer, youngest daughter is 13. They are both good at getting on with it! 15 year old step son less so. He is doing my head in at the moment by his total obsession with the xbox!! Thankfully he is at his dad's this weekend! Hope you had  agood run with your eldest.

MC-Sounds like you have a similat time tabel as me. I have the Brighton 1/2 22/2 and then the London Martahon. Would like to be able to do a 15+ before Brighton.

Franny-Hi 98 days to go!!!!!  

Well did the Park Run yesterday 25.52 so a bit slow- didn't hope that a child pushed past me and took my time!!!! 12 miles this morning- found it hard,but, did it so pleased with that. Leg seems ok!!  

• Afternoon

Mathschick well done on your kettlebells..that is a tough workout. Hope you got out for your 11 miles.

Jude Hope you enjoyed your run with your big boy this morning. Fingers crossed for your daughters piano results.

AF Erm don't think I was that speedy at track LOl although my watch did record my fastest mile this year so far @7.3m/m image Hope you got out for your run

I usually do my long runs during the week when I am off but this week I am on 3 early shifts in a row so wouldn't fit it all in so I went out this morning and did 14 miles image whilst hubby kindly took Chico out on his walk. Looking forward to my Sunday Dinner now which is roasting  away nicely. Roast beef and all the trimmings Yummeee

• Aw AF crossed post..........well done on Parkrun and your 12 miles this morning. Pleased your leg is not giving you anymore trouble. And yeah 98 days to go 98 to go Oh my goodness it will be here before we know it

• well done on the running everyone.

Franny - I love roast beef with yorkshire puds image

well, my legs were suffering really from kettlebells I think - there was a lot of squatting! So did force myself out and did 10 miles, but ended up walking the last 4, didn't help that I had a bit of tummy trouble without going into detail, and walking helped ease that. Actually my fast walking pace isn't much slower than my slow run pace so it took the amount of time that I was expecting anyway

homework - sore point! My 10 year old gets some maths and some literacy each week. 14 year old hardly seems to get any, I am not impressed at all, so since primary he has totally got out of the habit of doing any homework which is not going to help him when he is gearing up towards GCSEs and A levels etc. At my school, there is a homework timetable and I make sure I stick to it - the girls get 2/3 pieces of homework a week, in year 7,8, & 9 each piece should last 20 mins, in years 10 and 11 each piece should last 1 hour

• Hi Everyone

Mathschick Well done on your 10 miles.Hope the tummy ok now.

Track session for me tonight imageimage Wonder what torture awaits me.

Going for a walk in the hills tomorrow with a friend and Chico..she doesn't run otherwise it would have been a nice gentle jog but hey ho it will be nice as I haven't seen her in a while so it will be good to catch up image Think hubby is coming along too image

• hi

yeah, I am fine, just a bit of runner's tummy!

slow run this morning and swimming this evening

Jude - well done to your daughter! she got the results quickly

we finally got the results for my son's trombone grade 2 - distinction!! We are all over the moon (and a little surprised) - I know it is really difficult to get

• Back from a freezing cold windy ,sleety walk in the hills.Was very bracing and good to catch up with my friend.

Track last night was 12 x 400 m with 60 second recovery. Hard tough session but enjoyed it.Splits show I did them in 1.46 - 1.52...so got slower at the end.

Jude Yes well done to Elif.

Mathschick Well done to your son too Fantastic.

AF Hope your running going well

• Hi all!

Yippee! My 2 week holiday has started! Hoping to get some running in.  First short run planned for tomorrow with one or two sons. And should be able to run while they are swimming during the two weeks.

Hubby and I are going to Spain for 4 days on Thursday. m-i-l and s-i-l are looking after the kids.  It's our first time away alone (apart from the Istanbul 15K races) since the kids were born. Sort of excited but already had one bad dream about the kids being alone.

Kids will be really busy though. Daughter has 5 days double training each week, and a hard single session each Saturday plus three gym sessions each week.  Hardly a holiday but she is looking forward to it???? Boys have training too but a lot less.... and of course they have lots of homework eg Mikail (the 7 year old) has two books to read, 12 pages of English, a power point to prepare, a book report, comprehension questions and 4 pages of maths problems??? Some private schools are actually working for an extra week - how crazy is that? Makes me a little bit angry actually and I can see it becoming like China...

MC - massive congrats to your son for his distinction! It was worth the wait! Elif and I were really pleased too although she just got a pass. She didn't do enough practice and it was touch and go whether she would pass at all as one piece was really ropey and slow!

Franny - track sessions sound great. Well done!

AF - glad to hear your leg's better.

Off to bed. Nighty night! 

• Hi all, thought I would pop back for a bit now I feel I'm finally back running properly again.

I'm slowly building back up my miles and seem to have got my love of running back, I don't know why I lost it.

Hope everyone is okay, seems like you have all been so busy.

• morning

ecky - great to have you back!

Jude - have a lovely time in Spain - whereabouts are you going?

Hope your educations system doesn't turn too much like China - there is far too much pressure on the kids there

woken up with a bit of a headache, feeling a bit swamped with everything I need to do and not enough time to do it all image

• Thanks Mathschick, hope your headache goes soon and that you get everything done. Well done to your son too, you must be so proud.

Just back from a 3 miler which is my quickest for a long time. My diet has changed for the better and I am feeling amazing. I did a hilly 5 yesterday too which is my furthest this year.

• Hi Ecky! Good to hear from you. Well done on getting your mojo back.

MC - Hope you feel OK now. We are going to Granada and Cordoba to see La Alhambra and the mosque in Cordoba mainly... oh and to drink some cafe con leche, also just to have some alone time.image

Well I managed a short run with my big boy and then we went to get him a tablet with his birthday money and other savings. This afternoon we had to collect all the branches from where the nectarine trees had been pruned.  It's back breaking work. Now home and drinking a creamy coffeeimage

• Hi Jude and thanks. Its taken me ages to get it back but I'm at the point where I look forward to a run. I just think that I needed a break from it all. I wont compete yet this year but will maybe get back to it next year. Sounds like you have had an exhausting day.