working at it slowly

Comments

• hmm ok that reply seems to havve not worked I said this in response to a message from "One day I will get there"

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated the nice feedback I get back on here compared to a certain other running site I don't much like! Yup I do need to get heart checked out though one thing when I had cancer they told me a tumuor was obstructing an artery by pressing on it, I wonder if some scar tissue is still pressing on it? Or maybe it was just lack of fitness and poor sleep either way need to get it checked out. Trouble is I have seen my local gp quite a lot for a bloated stomach etc, I am also losing weight again down to 9st 8 and I havent trained much but then again before cancer my weight was about 9st 2 then exercise plus cancer made it plumet only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks and I have ran nearly 4 miles in 2 and a bit weeks, also have done some walking every 2 days or so so it could be explained by that I guess. 

Any one here know how to use foam roallers without hurting hands or arms? I sort of walk with my hands to make them roll over my legs and I ain't to good at hitting specific quad muscles either,can only hit IT BAND, general quad one and tensor fasciae latae well (this one is reluctant to heal)! The others seem to SUBTLE for me to know what I am meant to do. 

• Morning all image

Cirque du Soleil is amazing, Melds - not to be missed.  Had the privilege of seeing them at their "home" in Orlando in 2013 - the memory will last forever.

Swam hard with the club last night - 1800m and lots of backstroke work so all muscles feel a bit knackered and achy this morning.  Fortunately I have a day of largely sitting on my backside in meetings ahead of me so that's okay image

Hope you all have a nice Monday. 

• Happy mondays image

NR - I used a foam roller on my quads, I got the technique from You Tube searched for Foam Roller and it got loads of hits. 

Enjoy your restful meetings Coco.

This morning I did 5.5k in 41mins on my r/w app.  when I finished my app said "well done you are half way to your 5k"  Oops!  Oh well good to be so far ahead I suppose.   It was an eventful run, pavements were a little slippy, then a bloke was walking this HUGE dog, as I ran past the dog tried to go for me and the owner was struggling to keep control, got back and knotted my legging cord and I was bursting for a wee, slipped in the shower when I was cleaning it, only saving myself by hanging on the soap tray which is now in half.

Anyway, I'll try not to destroy anything at work.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

Ah yes, the annual Dirty Dyke weekend lived up to expectations I see! 

Snaily, it sounds as if you were lucky not to get away without any damage. I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.

Great PB Spence, well done!

NR, you is well speedy.

Meldy, I trust you bit the hand off the person who offered you the chance to see Cirque du Soleil? I certainly would have!

Coco, it's good that your friend's hubby is supportive. MS has no idea what to do when my mood is low! I love to see mums enjoying their babe's early months, it is something I missed out on.

It is bright and sunny today but still a touch cool. I have skipped both aquagym and my morning with bff and will probably not sing tonight either. Not because I feel terribly poorly (I'm 'off colour' rather than 'ill') but, seeing how unwell MS has been, I don't want to give this to anyone else.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Slugsta wrote (see)

Morning,

Yes - seems so Sluggie imageimage Hope you feel better soon.....

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10940414_10153157512162214_2174857729670865858_n.jpg?oh=363a2d00afa552c1fa9e5ba78c677668&oe=556BC3FC

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Thank you Sluggie image

Well run Snaily image you're doing so well now image

I've done an interval session image
  • 2.5k swum, 2 bags of logs carried from the car

club run tonight image

• Nice time Spence.  Those bright legging things certainly come with a go faster button  image

Don't think I'll be doing the Dirty Dyke.  Far too muddy for my liking.  I am a princess, you know.

Went to the gym today to try out their machines.  Blimey!  Hadn't realised just how hard it would be to clock some mileage on a stationary bike.  Still, a total of 32 miles down and 968 to go.

• And yes Yums, it does honk summat lovely chez Onesie.  Especially seeing as Mr O has manflu.

• 'Lo all. A noble weekend all round, by the sound of it! 

Podds, you must have indulged your sadistic side, watching person after person charge into that feeling mud bath! image

Spence, ANOTHER PB? Champion going image Especially with the technicolour legs image

Melds, I feel slightly nervous at the idea of you going to Cirque du Soleil. You might be personally responsible for turning IM into a quadrathalon, with the fourth sport being trapeze...! 

Coco, I so hope your friend feels better. At least she has skilled and knowledgeable help at hand. Most people simply don't realise that depression is an illness. People can no more stop being depressed than they can stop having a headache. And it's especially hard when everyone is expecting you to be cheerful and happy, because then you feel not only depressed, but like a failure. Cheesie's approach is a very good one, but I'm glad too that your friend has appropriate medical support. I hear stories from C2, who is now doing his clinical internship in psychology, about people who have suffered miserably for years with psychological conditions that CAN be helped. And having a friend like you, who understands and supports, will really make a difference. 

Sluggie, coughing is the worst possible symptom for you to have to deal with so you are totally right to rest as much as you can and try to get on top of the lurgy. I hope VERY much that it gets better quickly .

Can't remember all wot everyone else said---apologies! The drive down yesterday was a very easy one, and at 11.30 hours, one of our quickest. Since I had everything with me for dinner (see my complacent smirk) we even managed to have a proper meal within 2 hours of touchdown. This morning we went to the village to say hello to everyone, and then worked in the garden. There are a zillion leaves down, of course, and I thought of Noggy as I filled wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow with wet leaves and tipped them into the compost... But I feel the glow of virtue now, and can enjoy a quiet evening. 

• Glad you arrived safely chuggs

my Fire is roaring, it's going to be quite difficult to leave it very soon and go out into the cold and dark!

• Those pesky leaves Chuggy

Home, PJs on, fleece on, heating cranked up, I am not moving off the sofa. For the first time living darn souf, I'm flippin freezing.
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Good to see you safely settled inChuggs

Have a great time at run club Meldy image

Forgot to say Mick 'n' Phil were supporting yesterday!
  • It's a bit brisk here, though I did run without gloves ... it was cooler than expected, although I think gloves would have been warm.

Got a ton of marking brought home. Went to a meeting a few miles away - but in an area I don't know at all. Unexpected counrty lanes and suburban towns. - the places we pass by on either side. It's quite nice living on a peninsula as it is small enough to get to know, but big enough to have surprises. You might go down a road or path and have no idea where you are, but at the other end you will recognise it!

(((Sluggie))) (and MS too!)

• Dear dog that was a cold one!

reversal ru today, out for 20 mins at conversational pace and then back hell 4 leather image     Out in 20, back in 17.59 image

that and the there and back takes today's total to 6 miles

• Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

Happy mondays image

NR - I used a foam roller on my quads, I got the technique from You Tube searched for Foam Roller and it got loads of hits. 

This morning I did 5.5k in 41mins on my r/w app.  when I finished my app said "well done you are half way to your 5k"  Oops!  Oh well good to be so far ahead I suppose.   It was an eventful run, pavements were a little slippy, then a bloke was walking this HUGE dog, as I ran past the dog tried to go for me and the owner was struggling to keep control, got back and knotted my legging cord and I was bursting for a wee, slipped in the shower when I was cleaning it, only saving myself by hanging on the soap tray which is now in half.

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

Happy mondays image

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

Happy mondays image

Cool thanks for the note on youtube image. I had a book but it doesn't really explain how to do the moves too well. Will try the tube for better explanations. 5.5k in 41 mins seems about ok 7 mins a km is like 11.30 which is better than I managed on my massive hilly 5k race (500ft hills are not easy, I got a 65ft hill locally and that can have me out of puff a bit if I am walking flat out at 4.5mph or so, not really comparable to a 500ft hill...) Sally are you a girl? Your name sort of suggests it, are you young or old? Either way 11.30 for a training run is quite good.

• Slugsta wrote (see)

Morning,

Snaily, it sounds as if you were lucky not to get away without any damage. I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.

Great PB Spence, well done!

NR, you is well speedy.

Meldy, I trust you bit the hand off the person who offered you the chance to see Cirque du Soleil? I certainly would have!

Coco, it's good that your friend's hubby is supportive. MS has no idea what to do when my mood is low! I love to see mums enjoying their babe's early months, it is something I missed out on.

It is bright and sunny today but still a touch cool. I have skipped both aquagym and my morning with bff and will probably not sing tonight either. Not because I feel terribly poorly (I'm 'off colour' rather than 'ill') but, seeing how unwell MS has been, I don't want to give this to anyone else.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Yeah quite fast over a very short distance my more normal pace isn't that great at all, need to build up stamina, I also cant unlock my sprinting straight away. I need to build up speed in a run, then get a breather then I can sprint for some reason.

• Well done Melds - I dobbed out of my run this evening....... image and with no good reason either as it's not quite cold enough for ice and I was only due to be out for about 15 mins.........

............but felt bad coming home and then going out again and abandoning the boys!!

• Jeez it's cold out there this morning. But 5k done. Now have to try to get in a hot shower with my painful chilly skin!!!!

Must have been cold all night, TT refused to go out!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone
  • Sounds flipping freezing up there if even Her Iron Meldyness thought it was cold! But it certainly made your return leg a fast one, Melds image

So big respect to all those who got out there, and I hope you all tucked up warm last night. 

Snaily, gold star for that chug this morning!!! Hope the shower didn't hurt too much, when you've been cold and get warm it can be a shock to the skin. 

It's cold down here too, not terribly low temps but damp and misty, and this is a very old stone house that holds the cold when it's been unoccupied for a couple of months. I brought my fur-lined boots to wear in the house, and I tuck up on the sofa with a freeze blanket and a couple of hot water bottles and I'm happy. For some reason, keeping warm whilst shovelling wet leaves doesn't seem to be a problem image But I'm on a thermal layer this morning since we're going to the market first and it will be chilly. 

The truffle market is on in our small village over the hill. It's every Monday, and people come from 50 km to buy and sell the black truffles. I like the flavour (somewhere between walnuts and mushrooms) but not enough to pay the astronomical prices (about 900 Euros per kilo this year). But our lovely neighbour actually brought us a truffle yesterday (all the local people have them on their land somewhere)---talk about a nice present!! 

• well runned the runners!

No such impressive activities from me this morning.- lay in bed messing about on the internet and missed the train to work! Idiot. mind you, i might still have made it if some idiot hadn't pulled his 4x4 the wrong way into a bike lane right in front of me. Idiot spotted me once he'd done it (i mean, i was a tiny bit invisible in my bright pink neon coat and flashing lights) - and then pulled back out into the road without looking and only narrowly missed hittin another car.

I'll be surprised if he makes it to teatime - and he's probably blaming everyone else for it!

• Morning All

Shock horror - actually below freezing today.......that never happens this near to the coast! image

Chuggy - you need to train Monty to hunt for truffles and then you'll have a permanent supply on tap as and when you need them image

Made it to swimming today..........comfy 1500m in a reasonable time.....swimming is at least going to plan even if cycling and running aren't!

Take care Daffs - I find the big "cars" the 4x4 and people carriers are the worse - give me white van man and lorry drivers in place of them any day when I'm on my bike!!

Right - gotta go - external exams again this morning

Laters peeps

• morning all

nice running Melds and nice swimbling Podds

fab racing for the weekend Spence image can I take me sunnies off yet?

I'm not really liking the cold weather during the week - its nice when the sun is shining and you can wrap up warm but stuck in an office its just feels cold and dark all the time, I feel like hibernating image still streaking image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Glad you arrived safely Chuggy, I bet Mr C was glad of a meal without having to go out and shop first! How lovely to be given a truffle image

It doesn't seem to be as cold here as many of you are experiencing. Of course, we expect that here on the south coast but I think we might also be benefiting from the cavity wall insulation that was done a year or 2 ago. Mind you, I have barely put my nose outside the door since Saturday, so that might explain things too!

Noggy, how is Penny doing? I do hope the knee is not painful at rest, at least.

Snaily, as Spence said, you are doing really well with your running at the moment.I do hope that warm  shower  wasn't as painful as you feared.

MS is feeling considerably better and now has'cabin fever', he's driving me mad cos I just want to be left in peace. He's now gone out to look at beds, so that will keep him out of my hair for a while image. I am coughing and voiceless.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Well hello there

I appear to be on a residential - not due home until Thursday night. Joy to the world. I have to make a run for it on Thursday evening as we go to see Striclty Come Dancing Live Show in Nottingham, but I'll be back to the hotel by late bedtime so they won't send out a search party.

Just popping in during a quick break to say hello, yay the running, cycling, swimbling and gardening!? ((((((lurgified, cold, miserable))))

It has been confirmed. FC6 will join us on Monday. It's the week of her 16th birthday. That'll be interesting then.

Happy what day is it today?

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    DL, I just find it so sad image However I'm sure she'll have a great time with you!

Thank you Far Far & Sluggie image

Speedy running Meldy!! :-0

And well run Snaily image