Snowdonia Marathon 2015

Comments

• well i guess i'll be following this thread with interest incase anyone can't run it for whatever reason 

unfortunately I was on holiday over new year, tried in vain to enter on my phone but crappy internet wouldn't work so when i got home it had sold out, I have already booked my accommodation arrgh

Would love to have this on my list in my quest to do 100 marathons 

• It is getting to the point that none of us will dare going out on NYE for fear of missing out on a place.

• Dont worry,places will become available during the summer monthsimage

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

I entered again, did in 2013, had t o sell my place in 2014 due to a new granddaughter coming along, so this year I aim to be back!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I agree with brer rabbit, anybody who really wants a place will get one image

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Ermm I've entered an ultra.

But I have 2 months to recover from it to crawl round SNOD image 

• which ultra Chrissi?

• I've given up on Ultra's. Ive lost motivation to run beyond 26.2 miles!
  • Ultras should be good training for next years double SNOD image

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭
    RE - Run To The Castle 42 miles from Aberdovey to Harlech. I may of bitten off more than I can chew but if I don't try i'll never know.

I will not be doing the double snod !
  • I know what you mean, I have entered a 50 miler a few weeks before snod- 

• Way to go Chrissi! 42 miles!! I was chatting to someone who did it last year and he couldn't praise it enough. COD always put on good races so you will be in safe hands. How's the training for the Winter Trail Half going?

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

LG as ready as I'm going to be did nearly 12 there yesterday and it was ok. 

Mild panic set in last night think I realised what I'd entered, probably didn't help that I was following the Spine tracker s and updates at the time image better today been trying to make a sensible doable training plan 

• Agree with The Lazy Greyhound.  Denzil is a top bloke and knows what he's doing image

• Go for it Chrissi!!  Everyone I've spoken to says COD events are good (not done one myself though). 

Hey Brer - how did you crack your rib?  I didn't realise you were carrying an injury.  Colds are a pain and you get over sooner or later, but a cracked rib?  Are you able to run through it? 

Back on the wagon again now - 30-miler in the Surrey Hills to kick off the running year.  Great weather, lovely scenery, plenty of mud and stunning views across the North Downs and Weald.  On a day like that it's nice to run a relaxed ultra without worrying about time (or numbers FR).  I must admit I am finding it hard to wean myself off looking for a marathon to run every spare weekend, so Mrs RJ is busy trying to book up my spare time with childcare or social engagements...

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Looks a good event, Chrissi.  I'm thinking about it.  Only 29 in the field last year so runners are likely to be very spread out.

Yes, I've been engrossed with following The Spine Race - got to be the toughest event in the UK.  They've done about 130 miles and regrouping for a restart for the second half  image  on a more low level route than the Pennine Way itself.  The conditions have been awful with mostly heavy rain and wind up to 30mph (bit like SNOD usually is, then).

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Double SNOD?  What's that?

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

RJ - love that your having to wean yourself off looking for races

T-Rex - come and play image strangely the small field isn't worrying me (it would in a marathon or half) I know i'll be at the back on my own and will probably take every second of the 12 hours allowed but don't care, I'll have a family cheering squad just before the last big climb (it's the one checkpoint spectators aren;t allowed but they live there and i'll go right past my brothers front door imageimage) then Mr C is going to be popping up along the way from Barmouth onwards.

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

So first week of Ultra training a complete disaster imageimage have been nursing a sore calf and knee since Tuesday mornings Insanity workout.  Think the combination of very high intensity jumping squats and lunges and running was a bit too much for my right calf.  It decided to tighten up right at the top behind my knee (old injury) and that pulled my inner knee so I've been resting and foam rolling and just a bit tight now so more rolling and another day of rest and i'll try a gentle run on Sunday.

It's fine walking the dogs and once warmed up no ache at all last night and this morning and just tightening a bit with sitting all day at work so I think no damage just an oy you what do you think your doing warning

• Go steady Chrissi you have a half marathon next weekend don't forget image.

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

LG - I know but will be sensible I've too much planned this year to be an idiot now and ruin it all.  Think i'll be ok but will know more after I try to run.  Just a bit tight now and that eases completely after walking or rolling.

• Hey gang, been manic in Brer land for a variety of reasons. Popped in to see how we all are. Chrissi, Run to the Castle...fab event and Denzil will look after you.

Still nursing busted rib, 50 marathons completed in 2014 with little incident then an altercation with a barrier outside Primark in Scarborough on a wet floor nearly does for meimage Oh well, keep taking the painkillers. Final list for 100 marathon club submitted and accepted yesterday and vest orderedimage..oh damn, got to run another 5 marathons first!!

Hope the weather is a little kinder to everyone this weekend, wind died down here and it's just freeeeezzzzing.

• Really enjoying training for once and not racing.

As I've been enjoying the swimming I seem to be finding satisfaction with the FIRST program.  I've not run so fast and so consistently since for years and years.

17 miles long run tomorrow image

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Brer hope your ok, when are the final 5 

Went for a run to see how my knee/calf was and did 6.5 miles of next Saturday's route. A few twinge s but walked and stretched and got round ok. More the tightness I get after not running for a week normally than anything else so not too worried. Nice easy week planned this week anyway so should be all ok again by race day.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Hi All! image

Been a bit crazy here with work and training! Cutback week this week though imageimage

Chrissi/ T Rex- looking at RTC as wellimage Fingers crossed for your niggle Chrissi....

brer- hope you are fighting fit again soon

Nothing much going on here, except lots of training with an eye to the Barry 40 in early March. Think last week was my highest mileage week so far- and it didn't even include an ultra distance run. Did do a solo 26.2 on the track though image

• Hi all, weather hideous!!

Rib much better Chrissi, thank you. How is your injury? Lol re last 5 marathons before the big one. I have 8 booked as contingency just in case of weather, injury etc. First on Sunday, an ultra in Derbyshire. Then Telford, Stratford Upon Avon, Telford,Northumberland, Telford, Straford Upon Avon and Manchester are lined up with a view to defer/sell  any I dont need!

Jason..26.2 solo on a track againimage

• Is there a time limit for us slow peeps?
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Steve, there's a cut off at Snowdon Ranger Youth Hostel at 4 hours.  If you meet that I think you then have as long as you need to get to the finish. I may be wrong.  Ideally you'll want to finish before nightfall ...

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Been sulking - fine after Sundays jaunt then 3 miles on Tuesday night left me ouchy again.  But not as bad and I discovered a tube of ibuleve gel in the cupboard last night and this morning hardly any ache at all.  Will be purchasing another tube asap and also going to try to get a light support from Boots tomorrow.  But at the moment I will definitely be starting on Saturday and it may be the slowest half in history but so long as nothing really pulls me up in pain I will finish.

Brer - Are the Telford ones Denzil's? quite fancy the railway Ultra one as well. Manchester would be a good 100 nice (but flat) course, loads of support but maybe a bit big you'd get more party out of a smaller one probably.