working at it slowly

Comments

• Welcome to the madhouse, Lynds.  I tried the c25k plan for a few weeks but couldn't get on with it so am making it up as I go along.  I'm trying to be sensible with it.  So far so good.

Thanks for the congrats everyone.  Pakrun was great fun and I'll definitely be back on 7th Feb (gotta work next Saturday).  Hubby was underwhelmed because I promised him a cafe to sit and keep warm in but it didn't open till 9.30.  Oops!  Have suggested he registers for PR and walk it.  The speed he walks at we should finish at about the same time. 

I've escaped "up norf" for a couple of days to play the heavy mob with the senco lot at great nephew's school, and support his mum.  He needs assessing - trust me, there IS something going on - but school are playing the ostrich.   So if you hear of anarchy ata primary school in Nottingham send a cake with a file in it pls.

• Lynda, hello and very welcome ...for nowimage

still awesome image

• (miles they were before any wise cracks!)

1700-0200 tonight, will try and pop In if I can 

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Glad to hear that HL is predicted to make a full recovery.

Well PRd Onesie! That's a great start and gives you a target to beat.

A WAISTerfest sounds like a very good idea.

(((Mr Daffs)))

MS is still coughing but feeling a bit better in himself, he's w*rking today. We went to a charity quiz on Friday (with bff, her hubby and some other friends of theirs), we came in 3rd out of about 20 tables - and MS won the 'heads or tails' game and pocketed £25!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Evening - don't feel I've achieved much today...........was so tired after the ride this morning image

Result? Need to work this evening image

Onesie - is the kid year 6?  If so they'll try to wait until secondary school so they don't have to be lead professional or cough up from their funds.........

In my experience the primaries down here are far too ready to label kids rather than the opposite with the exception of this year group...

If they can prove there's "a problem" (as opposed to just different kids developing in different ways at different speeds) they generally like to do as there's potentially funding attached and they may be able to disapply them from Y6 SATs which affects their figures

If you think there's a genuine problem and the school isn't being helpful then look for external assessment (various sorts depending on what you think may be the issue) and then you can present the results to the school

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Hiya, Lynds image

Nice splits Meldy image

Onesie, I'd be interested in which year too, I'm in an infants & I must say our head is really good at getting outside agencies in, we often have the other problem in that parents don't think there's anything wrong.....and of course for some poor children it's just bad parenting.....obviously not implying that in your case!!!!

Anyway hope you can get things sorted...
  • I did post but clicked something and lost it ...

onesie, it could be that the Ed Psych never answers the phone .... I think it also depends on peer group as to what is recognised.

we had a nice mooch round the woods by a local village this afternoon. 

My calf ha been tight ... Slightly concerned something might go ping again! Stretching. Think tomorrow if it feels tight at all I will do a treadie run and stop if it feels tighter. If it feels okay, I'll go,out as usual. Does that sound sensible???

• Resting sounds sensible Pippi  .... image

• Ditto Melds image

I have managed to get permission to work at home tomorrow imageimage  Will be very nice I think image

There's something new I need to set up in our MIS and there is no way I'll be able to concentrate at work with people + phone + emails............at least at home there are only emails to avoid!!

PS - anyone know why my dogs are so stinky today?????

• Yes, rest is probably sensible,though sometimes I wonder if I'm being a bit over- conscious of niggles ...

have the dogs been eating sprouts?

I have entered the 21st century and been watching catchup telly on the iPad throgh the TV screen image

• Very flash Pippi - get you being so advanced - it's way beyond me..............image

No sprouts no.........but a lot of biscuits !!

• Morning from a frozen France! 

Pippi, you is well modern----telly on the iPad via the TV? I feel good if I manage to get my email! image Hope the calf is feeling OK today. And if not, sensible is the way to go. 

Podds, nice to think of you working at home with a nice cup of coffee and several grateful hounds to warm your feet image When you get cold cycling, you get really, really cold, right to the core, and you can feel cold for hours. 

Onesie, good for you---both for the PR (you're hooked now!) and for sticking by your great-nephew (you must have some MUCH older siblings! image I defer to those in the educational establishment, but would just say: if mum thinks something is wrong, something is wrong, so you are right to get it checked out. Early intervention can make a ton of difference. C2 was dyslexic (so was my dad, my brother, my FIL and Mr C so not a huge surprise) and good support early on mean he got over it entirely. 

Hi Lynds, welcome to the zoo! You will find all sorts here, from permanent beginners (me!) to extremely experienced runners, so whatever you are, this place is for you. Pull up a chair and tell us all about yourself!

Melds, awesome splits!!! You really are made of iron---how you manage to train and work shifts at the same time, amazing. Hope the GPO is now being more respectful! Or maybe that's a step too far? image

Westie, great to have you back! Don't stay away so long, please, we miss you. And obviously with a PR so close, you will just have to...I mean, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it? Sounds like the family are all doing well, and very glad Tony has got a job. Moving countries ain't easy, and it helps to have a normal rhythm settle in again. 

Sluggie, you and MS are really demon quizzers, aren't you? I can never think of the answers (usually I don't KNOW the answers!) so much respect. And glad MS is on the mend, winter lurgy is nasty. 

Yesterday was cold but bright and Monty and I had a lovely 5 mile ramble through the little lanes. Had to keep him close on the lead, tho, absolutely masses of hunters around, and the zoom up and down the roads in their little cars, with dogs in the back, so you have to get onto the verge pronto. But Monts is so good, he's really settled in with us and seems to enjoy being here. Little cat from the neighbours spends most of her time inside with us, don't blame her---they are kind to her but they are away and she is shut out so she'd rather be warm with us!

Mr C has just said 'I'm ready to go to the village whenever you are, no hurry' and we all know what THAT means... image Happy days all xxx

• Oooh there was a split in there which began with an "8" Meldy - you is well special image

I swimbled with the club last night - a hard 1800m with lots of backstroke again.  Can't raise my arms this morning image

Chuggy - yes, the holibob did do me a lot of good and besides the rest, I had a real opportunity to clear my head and get headspace.  We went too long last year without proper breaks and that was part of the reason why I kept getting sick, plus a few other things.  So we've scheduled more frequent breaks into our diaries this year; we've reduced the intensity of our exercise and introduced rest days in between each session so that hopefully we will be able to be more consistent over a longer period of time.  I've stopped myself stressing about work and got it more into perspective along with a longer-term exit plan and am really starting to feel like I'm enjoying life a bit more at the moment image

I'm working at home this morning and the wettest cat in the world has just come into my study whilst I was on a Skype call, wanting to dry himself on my lap image

Have a happy monday all image

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

We are now three but our clutter seems to have increased by at least two extra people - I'm guessing that's a teenager thing. 

I did read back last night and therefore all useful information has subsequently slithered from my brain as a fried egg would exit a non stick pan. I seem to think Pippi is wearing an eye pad, Podds' dogs are extra stinky, Chuggs has kidnapped a cat, there are some new and returning WAISTers, a park run was extended to cover 10 k for a few minutes, M.eldy did the splits, Yums was in the banal splits, Coco wants to split more often and the Sluggies have lifted the mastermind trophy.

I have only been out and run again - that's twice more and a gym visit since last time I reported . I have a split with an 11 in it. I'd rather have a split with raspberries and cream in. I am well haloed up.

Happy sparkly new week, full of the unknown and chances yet to be taken

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Am I the wind beneath your wings?

I had wind the other day - I may have been a bit like your houndies

• DLDL ✭✭✭

That's spinach soup for you

You may be the wind beneath my wings but you can keep that kinda wind to yourself thank you very much image

• I see DL has been on the meths again ...

I have managed not a lot so far today, well apart from coffee and tesco and the FGO but I do have a 12hr shift tonight to look forwards to and need to leave in an hour so am sneaking some forum time and WAISTers are first stop

I relented an opened the spare room for the GPO who, now the door is open couldnt give a monkeys uncle what is in there .. 

Podds, are you sure its the hounds that smell ?   image

• Hello chumsimage

Well runned meldy. Nice splits.

Nice cycling podds. Its so hard to get motivated in this cold wind. Well, it is for me, anyway.

Great sounding 10k Yums. I am looking forward to being there. image

I have had too much excitement this weekend. I managed to fall ,full body slamm. Tripped up the pavement and launched through the air. Airborne, I thought, f**k, this is going to hurt. It did. Blood, bruised knees, cut hands, paramedics, broken wrist. Saturday afternoon spent in a+e. I was quite speedily despatched home (4 hours only) in a plaster cast with tetanus shot and antibiotics. All weekend my hand has been sore and swelling badly. I had a check up visit today. Different doctor looked at the x ray and told me my wrist is fine, no break at all. My hand is broken. The a+ e doctor got it wrong and I had the wrong part in plaster all weekend. I now have a new cast covering the correct bitimage I have to have another x ray in a fortnight as the bone is out of alignment. The doctor hopes this will not require surgery to fix it. I fell with no help from alcohol or high heels! Some lovely people helped me and called the paramedics and the manager of Argos took me into her office and looked after me until help arrived. What a weekendimage
  • (((((((((((((((((((((((Larry))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Flippin eck Larry !  You are typing better than most tho   image

• YumsYums ✭✭✭

You dozy mare, Larryimage  Sounds like a real crash n splatter fall. Good to hear the Argos woman took care of youimage  

People if the Shires, I'm being sent to Coventry soon. I have conflicting advice on the best route. The yokels in Coventry say M25, M40 but my sat nav says its 30 mins longer (mostly spent on the M25) that way. It suggests I go M25, M1 - Any thoughts are welcomeimage  

DL, teenage girls- good luckimage  

• LARRY!! That sounds AWFUL! At least there were kind people about to help, tho the A&E doctor does seem not to know his arse from his elbow---or rather, your wrist from your hand! Sounds like you are finally fixed up now and hopefully it will mend quickly. Makes you realise that bad paving isn't just ugly, it's dangerous, so bad cess to the council image Other than that, hope things are well with you all. Stanley must be getting to be a big lad by now. 

Yums, good luck. As far as I know, motorways are a total random event (apart from rush hour, of course, when chaos is normal). No idea how to choose. 

Meldy, LOL at the GPO. Yep ,as soon as you have opened the door/window they no longer want to go in/out. It's a demonstration of control, I reckon image Hope the night shift went well, i.e. that you were bored out of your mind. (If that happens, of course, you can always pop in and leave improving thoughts for the rest of us.)

DL, I've only had one 16 year old girl to deal with, and that was enough. But it sounds like OH and FC6 are on a good vibe, and hopefully she will settle with you. A stable home would be wonderful for her. 

(((((Tubs))) If you look in. The only good thing is that at least this will all be behind you soon, Lots of strengthening vibes from here.

Chilly and grey here, but I don't mind. Monty and I had our nice 5 mile walk yesterday, lovely to get out. He TRIES not to pull, bless him, but I have to remind him about, oh, every 8 seconds. But he does try image Off to the market shortly, so happy days, all. 

• Oooff Larry! Ow ow ow ((( hand, hurty knees and associated ouches ))) and grrr to the doc who plastered your wrist! Probably came from our local " hospital"!

(((( Pippi's calf )))) a sore calf was a precursor to my jiggly Achilles so pos worth getting a massage or a bit of physio on it? 

Mr Tubs has been fizzyouched twice and stripped, knee much better but I think he could do with another strip and a fizzy check.  Nagging quietly to try to persuade him to go! 

A phonecall from a very nice staff nurse yesterday ended up with me in tears! I never cry like that! No ECG or blood tests available on Thurs so pre op cancelled. I managed to change it to the day before the op and will fly over the day before. Flights, hotel, animal care all rebooked.  Then we took the ossbox in for its Manx test - no MOT here, but imported vehicles have to be inspected before they can be re registered. Naturally it failed - on it's horn! Advisories ( despite it coming with  a brand new shiny MOT)  included 3 tyres nearing replacement, ditto front brake pads. As we've only had it since the end of November is it unreasonable to expect Marlborough boxes to fund these? I expected some wear and tear on the cab as it's done 127k miles but wasn't expecting to replace tyres etc when we've done less than 300 miles in it! 

(((( waisters ))))

• ((((((((Larry)))))))) - ouch image  That sounds really painful.  I hope they gave you the GOOD painkillers image.  Hope it mends quickly.

((((((Tubbs)))))) - sounds like a huge amount of stress at a time when you're stressed enough.  I'm glad you managed to rearrange the pre-op and fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly now. 

Sorry to hear about the horsebox - raises some questions about the MOT done on it before you purchased it.  Shouldn't that have picked up the tyres and brake pads?  But I guess it could still pass if they are only NEAR replacement...  In which case the company will probably state that it was your responsibility to check it thoroughly before purchase.  You could talk to them and see if they would pay as a gesture of goodwill though.

Not much to report here - a fairly quiet week although MrC is having a tough time at work at the moment.

WAIST well all image

• Morningimage

Left hand typing is very slow.

Coco- the hozzie didn't give me any painkillers to take home at all and only half a course of antibiotics as they were short on them apparently. I was just grateful to be out of there and without more serious damage done. Ibuprofen and paracetamol together keep the pain under control just fine.

((((((Tubbs)))))) glad to hear you have sorted things for your hospital stay. Bloody annoying for you about the horsebox.

Yums- you really wouldn't want me to give you directions image

DL - good luck with the new fosterling. One teenage girl was enough for me lol image
  • Morning

(((Larry))) - ouch ouch ouch.....poor you but at least the good folk of Essex didn't just leave you lying in the gutter like a drunk! image  Healing vibes coming your way....

Oh Tubbs - it never rains but it pours for you at the moment image chin up lass (as my northern cousins would say) - you'll get there.....you're way too determined a person to let the world get in the way of your progress imageimage

How's it going today DL with FC6?

LOL at the GPO's demonstration of who wears the trousers chez Meldy image

I might be a little stroppy today.... image  I might have told the not very nice woman from KCC that I didn't give a rats arse about where 2 lads who left last summer are now and what they are doing..... image...  She snootily told me that my Head would!! image

Right - gotta get going...........

I've also just told a colleague (but more nicely) that T (my supposed line manager) may have said doing post 16 data was my job but I just cannot find the time right now........I am finally digging my heels in a bit re the ridiculous amount of work they expect from me (given that they don't seem to have paid much attention to my genuine meltdown pre Chrimbo)..........it's difficult to do but I'm trying..........

..........very trying some may say!! image

Laters image

• ((((TUBS)))))

Wot everyone said. xxxx

Podds: good for you! These days management technique is: pile the work on til people collapse or revolt. Make a list of everything you have been asked to do, make a realistic calculation of how much time that is (days/week or whatever) and compare that to your actual available time (40 hours/week). Send it to your boss, cc whoever in the line, and tell them you are not able to fulfil all the work in the time given. Invite them to tell you what they want you to do, recognising that anything not on the list is likely not to get done. Explain that if they do not set priorities, you will do the work in the order presented, and whatever comes in last will not get done, regardless of importance. At least this way you have transferred the responsibility to them. xxx

I get very cross about this sort of thing because it is simply a failure by management to take responsibility. 

• morning all

(((Larry))) ouch!!!

(((Tubs))) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ everything crossed

well done Podds, if you don't have time (within reason) to do something then you can't do it

didn't post yesterday I seem to have developed a bad case of "I don't like Mondays" but feeling much better today image still streaking but counting down the days!