Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

Afternoon,

Sorry quick visit...

Ecky-Good to here from you here. Really impressed with your achievements in 2015. Keep going!!

Jude-Have a great break.

Franny-It has been cold down south as well.

MC-Hope youa re ok?

This week did a 4 miler on Tuesday and managed to get my wallet stolen where I parked- £30 ish lost..my fault as stupid old man forgot to look his car!! 3 miles Thursday,7 Friday and 12.7 today. But....I am still so slow..9.10 minute miles today and it was hard work!! Telling myself I will get quikcer and that will get used to long distances again!!

• Options

Hi boss, thanks. I finally feel that I'm getting back to running properly again. I will keep it up, the Jantastic thing seems to be keeping my motivation. Terrible that someone took your wallet, people should leave others stuff alone. Well done on your runs too, you will speed up again .

I'm all excited now as after a couple of years without a holiday, we have managed to get one booked for later in the year. We are going to our favourite place, Devon and I'm already planning my running routes image

• Options

AF - oh what a pain about your wallet! We have different definitions of 'slow' I think!

I am fine, just too much work and stuff with the kids to do. Didn't have  time for the long run I should have done, but managed to nip out for 4 miles then decided not to swim and do a turbo instead

Jude - I love Granada and Cordoba. The Alhambra is beautiful, you'll love it

Ecky - I don't know Devon particularly well but all the photos I have seen look lovely

• Options
    Mathschick, I agree the boss is speedy even when he is going slow.Devon is fab for running, lots of mahoosive hills.Well done on your run.
  • Options

Nice to have you back Ecky and pleased you have your running mojo back.So Happy for you..fantastic and well done on your weight loss....amazing stuff.

Jude Hope you have a lovely time in Spain with your family and that you get some alone time and running time.

Mathschick You are such a busy lady..I don't know how you manage to fit in everything you do. Well done.

AF Oh noooooooooo not your wallet..what a pain. And as for your running you are still speedy. Long runs should be on the slower side anyway and keep the speedier runs for the shorter ones image

After working all weekend I managed to get out for a lovely sunny 11 miles this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Options

Thanks Franny although I have just been very bad with a few choccy digestives. image I'm thinking of joining a fitness group at work too to boost things up a bit. Well done on your run too, just great to get out in the winter sun.

Lazy day for me today I'm afraid, back on it tomorrow with a run hopefully after college.

• Options

Franny - Well done on your 11 miles this morning. Just hubby and me going to Spain!image

MC - well done on fitting it all in!

Ecky - Devon sounds great.

AF - Sorry to hear about your wallet....

I have terrible bum ache from picking up the branches yesterday so didn't fancy a run this morning. There must be muscles there I didn't know I had!!   Hopefully it will be easier tomorrow!

• Options
    Hi jude, ouch although sounds like good exercise for the glutes.
  • Options

Franny-Well done on your 11 miler.

Ecky-You deserve an odd treat after all of your hard work in January.

MC-You put me to shame with all of the different types of exercise that you do.

Jude-Hope the bum ache has gone!! Have a great break.

4.00 miles and then bootcamp this morning. A bit quicker this morning just over 9 minute miles. 

• Options

I just need to boost in in feb now boss. I have just set my online targets of 3 runs a week with 15 miles for the week at least. This is a lot for me now as I've only really been doing 3 mile runs lately. I was hoping to run this afternoon but I have so much homework to catch up on so did that instead.

Well done on your speedy run too and bootcamp.

• Options

Good luck with your weekly plan Ecky and all your homework! It's funny how everything is relative, isn't it? At the moment 15 miles a week sounds a lot but I'm sure in the past while marathon training it felt like very little!  

A 5 miler yesterday morning for me and now trying to pack around three visits to 2 different swimming pools for kids' training....

(Bum's back to normal!)

• Options
    Thats just it jude, a couple of years ago that would have been just one run. Glad your bum is better now, sounds like you are still mega busy though.
  • Options

Jude - glad your bum is ok!!

options evening for my son tonight, luckily we got through it quickly - he knows what he wants to do I think he just needed verification

rest day for me because I am shattered! snowing a bit here...

• Options

Its such a tough time for them isn't it Mathschick. We have just had our 6th form meeting for our middle girl. She has an idea but not completely sure what she wants to do. I was hoping for snow today but we don't have any at all.

No running for me yet this week, I may pop up to running club, not been for ages.

• Options

6th form choices are hard. My son seems to be taking it all in his stride which is good

I need to pop to my running club and pay this year's subs! I also haven't been for ages, partly because I am not sure I can keep up!

• Options

I never made it tonight as it was cancelled due to the possibility of ice. I'm reluctant to go much though as I'm worried about injury. When I'm on my own I can stop but you feel you have to keep going with a club. I haven't signed up this year and not sure if I will.

• Options

Afternoon all

My track session was cancelled last night because of snow and ice on the track Boo but better safe than sorry. Did a speed/interval session on the dreadmill instead but just isn't the same. Better than not doing anything I suppose.

14 miles planned for Sunday so hoping its better underfoot by then. Been out for a little plod this morning of 3 miles.Mileage for this month is 105..and hasn't been that for a long time.....

Ecky I know what you mean about going to running club as you get carried away and maybe do things and run faster than you would normally to try to keep up and that isn't always the best thing to do. You have just got to decide what is right for you and stick to it even if you do go to club..Is there not someone at the club who is at a similar pace to you ???? That's why I like going to our track sessions. Nobody is last coz everyone is running around in circles LOL

Hope everyone is well.

AF Were you out running today?

• Options

That's a shame franny but like you say, better safe than sorry. I hope you manage your 14 miler on Sunday. Our snow has gone now so just back from a little 30 min hilly one.

Our club has lost a lot of its members lately so I was looking to join another eventully. They do have a slower group that I could run with but its more the set distance that I'm worried about as its longer than I have been running. I just want to build up a little bit more and then I may join up. I do love the social aspect of club running.

• Options

Moooooorning, hoping to head out for a run in a bit although have a bit of a stinky cold. Signing up for my second race of the year in a bit too, the Great Midlands Fun run. I'm hoping that it gives me some motivation.

Hope everyone is okay.

• Options

Well done for getting out your hill run yesterday and hope you get out one today despite your stinky cold. Agree the social aspect of running club is brill and you wont be long in getting your distance back up. You have done it before so can be done again. Remember you have run marathons image

I signed up for another race too...Lisbon marathon in October...so this year so far looks like this for me A hilly HM in Febuary The London Marathon in April and the Edinburgh HM in May and Lisbon in October....

Have a good day everyone

• Options

I now Franny but I really don't know how I ever managed it when I'm struggling to run 3 miles image. I will get there though, I feel so much better lately.

Wow Franny that's some race list image.

• Options

Ecky - you will definitely get there - remember most of it is in your head, definitely with longer distances

I really couldn't face going out in the horrible bitter cold wind today, and yesterday I spent 5 hours on my bike so wasn't really sure what my legs could handle, so I went to the gym to the treadmill. Had forgotten how boring and how hot it is - only managed about 5 miles, but better than nothing! 

ooh Franny - back to Lisbon!! Wish I could join you...

• Options

Treadmill is boring Mathschick but better than not doing anything at all.

14 icy miles for me this morning. It was a beautiful sunny day but chilly and underfoot was very icy at bits.

Yes going back to Lisbon and doing the full this time round. So looking forward to it. Also just booked up to go to Sagres for a week at the beginning of September for a chilled out sunny beach week. Missed not going their last year.

• Options

Afternoon,

Sorry for my absence.. 

Managed 8.7 Friday, 4 yesterday and 14.1 this morning with some of my ladies from my club. Longest I have run since that damn ultra of mine!! Really useful being self-employed.Still seems a long way 26.2!!

I have also entered another marathon - Beachy Head marathon in October.

111 miles for me in January which is more than I ran in November and December combined.

Franny-Well done on your icy 14 miler.

MC-Yes treadmill's are full...but at least you did it!!

Hi everyone...bye for now.   

• Options

Hiya

Well, I was going well till I was struck by a stinky cold. I'm not great with colds and ended up in bed for a couple of days with aches and pains. On the plus side, I lost 2.5lb this week at slimming world which is 11.5lb in 5 weeks so I'm happy. I just cant wait to get back out running again.

Well done boss, you will soon be back up to 26.2, I know what you mean though, it seems so far away.

Mathschick, I agree completely, so much of it is in my head, I know I can but then I doubt myself and it all goes wrong. Well done doing 5 miles on the treadmill, I couldn't manage that.

Franny, huge well done on your icy run, your braver than me.

• Options

AF - well, 26.2 miles IS a long way!! Well done on your run. Beachy Head is hard but I have heard it is good fun and has lots of food at the aid stations!

Ecky - I hate colds! Get better soon

had a couple of lovely cold runs this week under the full moon - beautiful!

• Options

Hi all!

Got back late Monday night but had a power cut yesterday so couldn't get on the computer.Apparently the weather has been really bad while we have been away (very windy and rainy) and the kids and mother and sister-in-law didn't have any power most evenings!! Miserable for them but the kids thought it was a bit of an adventure, I think!  As for hubby and I - well we had a lovely time. Some rain and some sun but just so nice to have some peace and quiet!!

Since we've got back I did a 3 miler yesterday and today Bit out of condition tbh and put some weight on.....

Well done to you all for getting out in the icy conditions. MC - runs under the full moon sound nice! Ecky - get well soon!

• Options

Hope you had a great time Jude

• Options

Well done on everyones running image

Jude sounds like you had a lovely time

MC I love running under the moonlight or when the sun is just rising.

Ecky Aw hope you feel better soon...roll on the spring for better warmer weather.

AF Well done on your 14.1 miler..we will get there...I am looking forward to increasing the distance as it means some of my runs from home will reach the hills image 

Track tonight for me image

• Options

Thanks Jude and Franny, feeling much better now. I managed a little pootle today. I've joined a thing on facebook called Monkey Tag running where they do challenges. Its great for motivation. I'm doing a scrabble challenge at the moment where I have to find all the letters of Bananas and take a pic. Its great fun trying to find letters on objects that I run past. It may make me run further afield too.