working at it slowly

Comments

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Lol great photo!!

Tubbs, pear/parsnip/parmansan sounds fab, did you do it!? My cauliflower soup was ace.

And yes of course you could just have a saucepan & liquidise it yourself but with this you can just bung it all in and leave it image

Tubbs, mines a Morophy Richards

When will it be Spring!? image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh and well done on being at such an early spin class Podds!!
  • Good question, Coco---but I'm not sure that with something as lithe as a greyhound it even matters image BTW, if there are plenty of rooms, couldn't you just, um, borrow one until someone actively tells you to leave? And then you can look at them with big eyes and say, 'But where can I go?' Then maybe they'd find you a room of your own!!

Podds, your intro breeds faster than any I've ever heard of!! Good luck with that 1700 messages... image

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

I'm not even sure that the animal in the photo is a dog image

Coco, that sounds utterly ridiculous - especially as the room is actually available. I vote for Chuggy's solution.

Chuggy, 'SCS' is spinal cord stimulator, the device that I tried. There are many people being referred for the same, many of them waiting for months/years and/or getting very poor care when it actually happens.

• Oh, and I thought they just sold cheap sofas ... image

Coco, squatters rights!

Errrmmmm, I seem to have chickened out of the run - wind, sleet, hail ...

• Can I go home yet please ?

• knock yourself out meldy, tis snowing and thundering and lightening here!

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

Can't stop - should be on my way to Wales. I have a really sore throat - I blame that Jenny Far Far waving her germs round in here the other day.

Grat photo Podds

((((WIN)))

Happy FC 16th today - and on a bin day too - double the excitement

• HBD FC6. It is really nice to think of her at least celebrating in a proper home. Hope the sore throat gets better, DL, when they're bad they can really hurt image

Sluggie, I am startled and worried that the SCS stuff seems to be generating such a large group of people with valid complaints about the way they have been treated! Good on you for helping, your medical knowledge will be a huge asset, but not so good that the treatment seems to be causing so much trouble. I know your test placement was not very stable, and they couldn't get it positioned to work properly for you, but this group sounds like people with more serious experiences yet. 

Melds, hope you are home and snoring by now. image

Daffs, hope your weather is a bit more moderate---snow and thunder and lightening must be quite a show, if they are all going at once. (Actually, I've never seen that---is it as spectacular as it sounds?)

Not so cold here now but wet. Will toddle into the village for coffee later, and then have a quiet day, I guess. But a real mess in NL, with snow and high winds snarking up the trains. Oh well, it's what you expect in winter, isn't it? Stay warm, dry and safe, dear WAISters. Happy days! xxxx

• Morning All

Warming vibes to my WAISTer  pals in the north - sounds quite unpleasant if spectacular at least in Daffy's neck of the woods!

Beautiful morning here - sorry! - blue sky, sun but extremely cold image  For the first time this year it was just beginning to get light in the east when I took the boys out......finally there are signs of spring on the horizon imageimage

Happy Birthday to FC6 and ~~~~~~~~~~DL's throat~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Morning chums image and happy birthday to FC6! And on a bin day - what a treat!

Snow thunder wasn't that dramatic really, just a bit weird. I had the curtains open and there was lots of snow, and then all of a sudden a really big flash, and then a bit later some thunder. That was it rofl LOTS of snow this morning though, and it's still coming down. 

• I still think lightening through snow must be something to see, Daffs! But if you're in a blizzard, hope you're at home and can stay there!!!

Podds, it is starting to get a bit lighter, isn't it? Maybe it will be spring again someday....

• Happy Bin Day to FC16 (makes her sound like a fighter jet)

I am awaiting a new washing machine, the GPO is underwhelmed and is on hunger strike.

• Afternoon image

Happy B’day to FC 16 (I hope she isn’t a fighter jet!)

Get a kaolin poultice on that there throat DL, my mother swore by them! 

Happy new washing machine Meldy 

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday FC6 image

We have snow!
  • I have a wonderful picture in my head of an evil looking ginger pussy sat there with his "arms" crossed saying "no washing machine - no food".............

I want to go out in the sun but can't.............image

• Happy Birthday FC6 image

~~~~~ healing hurty throat vibes ~~~~~

I know Fakebook has many downsides but it's good for contact and support with things such as SCS and KC ( are all medical things abbreviated?) .  I'm in a couple of KC groups, I really wish they'd been available when I was first diagnosed and Jnr not long after.  I can't get my head around the length of time the NHS expects people to cope with long term pain or conditions.  I resent being asked for my "hospital number" when I ring up, perhaps being filed by name and date of birth would redefine us as actual people not "cases".  Compared to many at the Eye Hospital I'm not doing too badly but selfishly on my part it all boils down to how it affects how you have to live your life and how long, in terms of years are you expected to live like this? I work around limitstions such as not being able to drive at night, and at the moment, not driving at all, needing good light and such. Thank dog for Mr Tubs who drives me everywhere and reads labels for me without being asked - shopping for clothes and trying to read size labels is another niggle, none major but I get embarrassed peering at stuff! The relaxing incisions I'm having done next week could probably have been done years ago - I've been " waiting for my eye to settle down" since 2005! Gordon Bennett, sorry, rambled on a bit there! 

Bramble pony is much, much betterimage She should be able to go out soon image I've hung toys on her stable partition to keep her amused including Blue's dumbell and one of his squeaky bones. Blue sat and watched me tie them up with a look of complete bafflement on his easily baffled face! He looks at them every day now as if to say - well, I'm sure they used to be mine! During the day the rabbit goes into Porky's stable, Bram stands watching her for ages and they share a mutual love of carrots image

Hoping the snow isn't causing too many problems, none at all in our Glen so far.

(((( waisters ))))

• Ha! Would you believe it! It's just started snowing!! 

• Oooh Meldy, if you have to negotiate with the GPO to get him to allow the washing machine in the house, it could be delicate! image

Happy snowing to all who have it. We have rain, rain and more rain. The Romans didn't call this the Land of Waters for nothing, I guess. 

(((((Tubs)))) To let your eyes 'settle for TEN YEARS is genuinely insulting. "I can't get my head around the length of time the NHS expects people to cope with long term pain or conditions." Entirely agree---I've thought the same about Sluggie, too. I guess if you are really at death's door, the NHS is still good, but from what I see with friends, anything non-life-threatening isn't even on the radar image It will be so nice when everything is over next week, and hopefully you will be able to get on with life with better vision. Big hug and lots of sterkte-vibes from over here . xxxxxx

Oh, and my sympathy to Blue. Fancy finding your very own squeaky toy being given to a HORSE. (A very small horse, it's true, but a horse nonetheless.) No wonder he's puzzled! image

Too wet to do anything. Monty thought he wanted to go out. I opened the door. He looked at the rain and decided he didn't want to go out after all! Can't blame him. So I stuff his Kong ball with little biscuits, and he's had a nice time getting those out. It's quite clever, he drops the ball, and rolls it, and plays with it to tease out the little doggie bix. As much fun for me to watch as him to do it! 

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((Tubs))) I do hope that, having waited such a very long time, these incisions do the trick. You paint such a lovely picture of your menagerie, it's easy to imagine to look on Blue's face when he sees Bram with his toys image

(((DL's throat))) image Happy Birthday to FC6 image

Daffs, it sounds as if the weather has hit you hard. I do hope that all WAISTers are warm, dry and snug.

It's very wet and grey here again today but not terribly cold. Have been out with TM, the river is very high and the surrounding land is waterlogged.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• morning all

(((Tubbs))) I so wish you could come out from the operation with good vision and nothing ever to be done to you eyes again! will be thinking of you xx

happy birthday to FC6!

my cold came to nothing image hoorah! and I didn't even snore

we've had some snow here today but nothing this afternoon so I reckon the roads will be clear to get home - but there's more on the way image

• Happy birthday FC6!  image

I agree in principle with everything that's been said about squatters' rights and would love to do that.  In practice, the security on the buildings is so inane that I can't get into most of them in order to take over the spare space.  But it has been considered carefully!

I have plans to get things moving in other ways and I was feeling okay about it until yesterday when I suddenly felt really furious about the situation.

Chuggy - do you mean delicate or delicates??

Tubs - I love hearing about your animals.  So sorry things are so difficult for you at the moment ((((())))

And for everyone who needs them - (((((((WIN)))))))

• Cooooeeeeee.  Me again.

Seems like Waister land continues much as usual.

I.'ll get a proper read back done, I promise.

Penny has been to The Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre today. She has badly torn knee ligaments and will be in her brace for a further 12 weeks.  I have to drive her everywhere whilst she wears the brace.  She's very positive despite being stir crazy.

She was most impressed with the young registrar that dealt with her.  He is also a keen skier so they bonded well.

Speaking of which, through FB I see Mr and Mrs XB have joined the ranks of us skiers, but are currently marooned at Geneva Airport.

Time for a glass of the good stuff.

• I may join you Noggs in a toast to clean clothes image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    (((((((Tubbs)))))) thinking of you xxxx

((((((HL)))))
  • oh dear Poor HL

I was in plaster for only 6 weeks, being totally dependant on HWMBT to get anywhere. It was not a good place to be shall we say?

((((Tubbs))), it is so frustrating being at the mercy of others who hold the control, it just seems so unfair that if you were able to cough up and pay for treatment, that this sort of thing just wouldn’t happen. Let’s hope that once the procedure is eventually done that you’ll be sorted.

The problem is that everything goes in through the same doorway so to speak, which means that if something life threatening comes in, it has to take priority, pushing the queue backward. 

Shadow has had his annual check up and jabs, he came out with gold stars for everything. Our appointment was for 4PM, at 3 minutes past I was forking out £125, just for jabs and wormers, not a bad living that eh?

• There are no poor vets or physios...........certainly not round my way anyway!

And on that profound philosophical note I'm off to bed

Sweet, warm, dreams to one and all

(((HL)))

• Morning all. How can I be the first one in?? I had a lie in this morning, AND have already changed the bedding and towels and got my first (of many) washes going. 

Sue, well done to Shadow----and even better to the vet! If he's making dirty quid PER MINUTE he's deffo in the right line of work! image And know you're right about the need to prioritise, but part of the problem then must be a shortage of staff to deal with the non-life-threatening stuff. I have friends in the NHS who say a lot of the current difficulties in A&E are down to the shortage of GP's. Guess it's never easy. Sigh. Oh, and I'm trying to imagine you in plaster for 6 weeks and unable to go anywhere on your own.....this does not compute, as they say!!! image

NOGS! Great to see you back, we have missed you. Sounds like a bit of a curate's egg for HL: it will be a right pain for her to be in the brace for 3 months, but it's good that she doesn't have to have surgery and that they think this will mend on its own. What about you, BTW? Were you not on the list for a knee op yourself? (Maybe Daff's idea of you two working out 3-legged locomotion wasn't so daft after all!) image

Clean clothes, Meldy? BLISS! You never realise how dependent you are on the washing machine til you don't have one. Enjoy yourself, wash EVERYTHING 

Lordy, Coco, your security sounds like something from an atomic energy facility! Can't even snitch an empty room?!?? But you know, it might be the best thing if you DO get furious. People have a tendency to let things slide ('yeah, whatever') and it can be very salutary for someone to stand up and shout 'OI!! THIS IS NOW HOW IT'S MEANT TO BE!!!' 

Glad things are looking up a bit FarFar---a cold together with icy roads is carp, no cold and clear roads sounds lot better! Hope the workload is lightening a bit too. 

Sluggie, I was a bit worried by your post. I haven't seen anything yet about flooding, but after what happened last winter it wasn't good to hear that everything around you is waterlogged already. image

Bright sun at the moment, but it's cold (when Mr C says happily that it's 'nippy' you can bet it's bliddy freezing---when I heard that I reached for the thermal layer again!). And it will rain again later, for most of the day. Mainly tidying, washing and packing so we can get an early start tomorrow for the drive back to the flatlands. Hope we won't find icy roads there, they've had snow. We also have our resident idiots, as you've seen: some random bloke with a toy gun wandered into the evening news. Maybe a good thing if it makes then check on security. But we are off for coffee in the village, so happy days all. xxx

• Morning All

Chuggy - I was up but in the pool image image ..........unfortunately so was one of the resident idiot males (there are 2) who make life more difficult than necessary!

Weeks ago my LM asked me to go on a course on Monday with him, I agreed but then heard nothing so about 10 days ago I reminded him that I needed a password for a particular site prior to this course.........yeah yeah he says, so does he (he's the main administrator for this site).......guess what..........

..........no password, no idea of where I should be or when on Monday........but I am fed up of running around after his inefficiencies so I'm just coming to work as normal Monday (unless I hear over the weekend)...........and with my new hard nose attitude to stress am refusing to get worried or worked up about it imageimage

Happy - slushy horrible wet British snow but end of the week nice day everyone

• Hi everyone image  I wasn't up at my usual crack-of-dawn this morning as my knees were hurting and I had a headache last night and felt like I needed a bit of a sleep-in.  

I am hoping to snitch a couple of rooms next week, Chuggy, but I do need to know that my line manager will back me in the face of potential opposition from the person blocking my moves, as he is more senior than me.  So I do have things up my sleeve...

In the meantime, we are hoping to go and look at a new(er) car to buy tomorrow so I'm super-excited about that imageimageimage

Happy fridays everyone!