Saturday 31 January 2015

On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Look, I'm getting bored with not having any circulation past my second knuckle joint.

Plan for Saturday: loose.
15 mile run seems favourite.
Alternative seems to be crashing the bike a bit and battling headwinds.
Or going to Slimbridge to see ducks, which would be nice.
All seem cold.

Comments

• Morning.

Tomorrow looks even colder here Blisters.

Hope that birks can sort out whatever mistake seems to have seen him/his thread deleted. Bring back birkmyre!

Anyone racing this weekend apart from emzap?

What:               something short and easy
    Why:                it seems to be how Saturdays are
    Last hard:        staying upright yesterday
    Last rest:          last year

Lyrics - of course.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Come back Birks!

What: to be decided once I get running.

Why: the plan was about 10k but my legs feel rather jelly-like. Trust I am not going down with something. Lots of vitamin C coming my way. Won't run until 10 or 11 in the hope that the ice has melted.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Hope birkmyre finds his way back!

Scottish Masters XC champs today in Kilmarnock.  It's zero degrees and blowing a gale but at least it's dry.  Wind chill will be a big factor today - similar day last year except it was worse with rain and sleet and hail.  5 mile race, I am hoping for a good run.

lyrics, nope!

• Morning! 

What:              6M & 6M but we now have snow so that may change
    Why:               It'll bring in 300M for the month 
    Last hard:        Still no
    Last rest:        16/1 stuff didn't take as long as expected so I snuck in a steady 6M last night, but the fred had disappeared.

• Blowing a gale with intermittent hail image

Maybe run with group round town if work remains quiet

Lyrics no

Nice rest reading book by fire yesterday evening
  • Cold and wet here - not as forecast. I shall be wussing out and running on the treadie.

Go well Donaldo.

• morning all,

Respect for those who defy the weather today. Even here, mostly sheltered, it is not pleasant.  Shall be doing stairs and stuff today, I think. No real excuse for not going out, except that my mind is a bit bent.  Some days it's wise to set the bar very low indeed.

• Rain stopped as I was getting changed so I decided that I'd put my big girl's pants on and get outside - it's usually better for my mental health - never felt as though I really got going though, cold, windy, slippery and not really much fun image

Hope you feel brighter soon Stickless.

• Morning again!

What: 5.5k off orad
    Why: decided it was enough given how my legs are feeling. Really don't know whether it is still form 8 hours in the driving seat, running or forthcoming illness! Had hoped to have fresher legs this week as it has been a deliberate cut-back week. Hope to get a longer run in on Monday.

Monthly figures: 31 days run, 206.75k covered, most off road.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Lyrics: Seems strangely familiar but no
    What 5k followed by 90 mins tkd
    Why: needed to hit Jan target of 5k
    Last Hard: Today
    Last rest: Oct-Jan image
    Weather cold and fresh but great day for a run in South East Welshest Wales

• A'noon

Where was I ?

Sorry, just wakened up and logged on and genuinely haven't a clue why you  are asking !image

Was working night shift 10pm-6am last night

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Your love is king' by Sade

Catch up time.

• Oh right a few threads disappeared last night !

'Not me your honour, I was at work.'image

• Strong gale and hail but 10.65 D&D which will take me up to 118 for January .

Running backwards at points but I enjoyed it image

(All boats cancelled. No newspapers image )
  • What on earth has poor birks done to be banned by RW towers??

Well done braving the elements, LMH & OH. Beautiful calm day here for a change.

Nice monthly mileage, Joe. Makes my 177 pale into insignificance....

What: 6ish in the sunshine

Why: would have loved to do more but slightly hungover image. Mr Chick and I went out last night to celebrate our 20th year together image

Last hard: don't do hard

Last rest: 24/1

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

What: about to head off for my 10km race
    Why: I'm asking myself that too
    Last hard: this may be it.  Snow, ice plus I seem to have swallowed a golf ball...
    Lyrics: nope

Will report tomorrow, race is at 18:00 so going straight to dinner after.

Please let Birks back soon!
    LMH well done for getting out there.

Will be up at 4.30 tomorrow morning watching the cricket image  Ale, I hope you'll also be there image

Have a good one all.

• Arvo,

Thank goodness I am not the only one feeling a bit of the winter blues.

What: A hideously awful 10 miles

Why: trying my best to train and felt like it (Until I stepped outside!)

Lyrics: crackings song Blisters!

I felt heavy, un co ordinated, breathing heavy and generally awful throughout my entire run. I feel like I am making zero progress with running. Please someone help!

I wondered why I couldn't see yesterdays posts... what on earth happened with Birks??

I am intending to spend the rest of my day with a endless cup of tea and under a blanket. Bugger it...

• Glad to know I"m missed !
  • Oh and I know the lyrics today.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Had a fairly rubbish run at the masters XC today - maybe started a wee bit fast and when I started to lose places, it was mentally challenging to keep plugging away.  Oh well, there is always next time!  I go up to M45 in about 5 weeks - let's call that a rebirth!!  Forever young! Haha image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

176 miles in January - not bad. image

• Hope you have a good one and a nice evening out emzap.

Congratulations chickadeee.

Tiredness, stress and time of year Dibs, keep it all feeling easy and the pace will come.

Good miles in what must have been rough weather OH.

Sorry it didn't go to plan Donaldo, unfortunately they can't all be good ones.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

15.1m today broken in two, MLR of 1:32:30 inc parkrun at MP (7:11 / 7:09 / 7:13 / .47) for 22:20 and 19th at Andover. total for that was 11.41m at 8:06mm... then a further 30 min run to the spa this afternoon (3.69m - 8:09mm). Ryde 10m race tomorrow.

well done on the 20 years Chick

Take care

• fair enough LMH- I will keep pulgging away and try not to get so frustrated. My hip is playing up again., trying to book an appointment with a sports physio to analyse my gait.

Good running guys, respect for all those out in todays weather... yuck!

• Evening all,

Indeed, bring back birks!

Dibs, take care. Easy for work and winter to conspire against one.

Donaldo, easy enough to go off too fast, but credit for sticking with it.

Chickadee - congrats on 20 years!

Yes, did do my set of easy stairs, so I get a tick for today.

Have a good evening all.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    20 cm of snow and a very icy, dark course but still finished 4 mins under my goal time in 56 min very happy. Body not so happy with me and feels rotten, so off to bed to recover before this horrid lurgy sinks its teeth in!

Dibs take it easy. As LMH said the pace will come. You've got a lot on at the mo so just don't overdo it.

Don impressive mileage

Will write a full report tomorrow.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

evening all, 
    Chick - congrats on the 20
    Emz - good run in the conditions
    Don - sometimes it doesn't go to plan, but good to see you keeping a positive outlook

Very light dusting of the white stuff first thing but that soon disappeared.
    What - 11.3 miles off road, muddy in places, hands cold (forgot gloves), and maybe should have had long sleeves on.
    why - easy run , lsr tomorrow
    last rest - Thursday
    last hard - wednesday

lyric - nope

• lyrics-yup- do want the rest of the song, I could proabaly do it!

Stragely quiet on the scottish thread without Birkmyre.

Don't ususlly post here , but 18.5 miles on trail, fantastic.

Hope you don't mind me joining in!