Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• evening

I get cramp in my feet too when swimming, and in that muscle down the front of my shin, that is painful!! 

far too tired to get up early enough for a run this morning, off to son's options evening now, might have time to turbo depending what time we get back

snow and thunder here right now image

• No running for me for a few days now due to this cold. Monday I tried a spin class and yoga, but felt awful on Tuesday and today. I've done a couple of Bikram yoga classes since as I feel the hot room to be beneficial for my aches and sniffles. Feeling slightly better now so I'll be back at school tomorrow, having taken a sick day today. I imagine I will be able to manage a run on the weekend but it'll probably not be a long one.

• Morning you lot from, again, a snow covered West of Scotland.

Lots of the white stuff fell last night and the driving conditions are treacherous in some parts. Took me 15 mins to clear my car when leaving work at 10pm last night !!

NW: No snow men yetimage  So in the meantime: 1 owl, 3 dogs, 2 snow ploughs, 3 gritting lorries, 4 robin red breasts, 1 runner, 1 cyclist carefully weaving his way through the snow. and 1 cat which didn't look too pleased at the snow that was fallingimage

Oh and on way to work yesterday I saw 2 Kingsmill Vansimageimage

30mins carefully through the thick snow with Geordie.image

Coffee and catch up soon

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A blustry morning here with a hailstorm! Quite weird as although it was pitch black I could turn off my headtorch after a few km.

NW: 3 rabbits.

No kingsmeal vans image

Birky - how much snow did you have?

• evening

turbo for me today, we had quite a lot of snow but there isn't much left, thank goodness!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I have been on my rollers

Got too hot
  • Morning you lot

emmy: There were a few inches fallen originally and it's still there and a few heavy snow showers yesterday too.

Right off out into the cold and snow.

Back later

• still on the bench image  Light dusting of snow in Kent, all quite exciting really (says the inner child in me)!!

Morning peeps.

• Morning psc

NW:  1 owl as usual, 3 robin red breasts, 1 dog 1 cat sitting on a window ledge, 1 fox

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I overslept this morning image 6.30 and had to do a speed session in the snow :/

NW - lots of dogs.

Happy Weekend everyone!

• Odd this weather - it's glorious out there now!  Light breeze, bright sun!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    and repeat

I have been on rollers

I got hot

Ran outside in the snow at lunchtime

Now it is gone

My alarm went off at 0500 and I realised the following

1. it was too early for rollers in the hotel room

2. I had no trail shoes

3. My Konas have holes in the base

4. I needed my Frees for later

I went back to bed and got up at 0700
  • evening

turbo this morning which was a wise decision - when I went out to work I discovered the world was covered in crazy ice. Loads of car accidents this morning - not me luckily

run this evening which was lovely under a clear sky with a bright moon and stars image

• morning 

long turbo for me and off to swimming soon

weather is horrible, not really looking forward to running tomorrow - might go on the treadmill in the gym instead if it is sleeting and windy like today. I don't particularly like the treadmill but don't want to be miserable on a long run

• Morning - snow! Not much but 6 mile run was a bit slow 2 OR 1 happy dog. swim done too, and looks like I'm also destined for the turbo later. Felt so ropey last night that I got home from work at 7.30 and went straight to bed, 10 hours sleep, lovely. 

• Just under 13 miles XC this morning. Lots of mud and slushy stuff on the trails and a biting northerly wind to add to the fun!

OW swim with the FARTs tomorrow morning. Expecting to get cold!

• morning

we have the nasty north wind here too, don't really want to leave the house at all! Will have a run but it might not be as long as it should

CHris - hope you have something warm to keep the wind off when you get out of the water

• Morning - 18 miles and that wind is a beast, colder than it was in the snow yesterday, good luck to the Farts. NW a monochrome one witha Dalmatian and magpies, too many OR to count. Swim and yoga later, and the excitement of cooking in my nearly finished kitchen, who needs a floor anyway.

• Morning all - am I talking to myself? 6 miles, with 2 x 2 mile efforts, wow it's cold again but no wind. Looks like a beautiful sunrise is on its way.

• Morning you lot

Morning kate

35 mins earlier to stretch the legs.

NW: 1 owl, 2 dogs, 1 robin red breast

Ended up getting a call and so working a 10 hour shift yesterday. This was to cover people off watching some Scottish football ! Working 3-10pm today.

Assignment time at moment again.

Catch up soon

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

How is everyone doing?

A SOC for me and I forgot the headtorch so needed to stick to the streets. Question - does anyone with a Garmin 310 have issues with the runs not being recorded? I've tried resetting it, clearing out the history, uploading more regularly but it's not working.

Snowy here today image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

very busy weekend to report

stole another cheeky parkrun win

crash the mtb bike really hard on Sunday

played roller hockey in the afternoon

Top secret things this morning

now back at work
  • morning

gobi - hope you and the bike are ok

Emmy - sorry, I don't have a 310 so have no idea

rest day for me today

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Got up and charged on ????
  • I think I have finally beaten the cold but I haven't run for over a week. Bikram yoga most days, bit of gym as well on Saturday and weights, spin and yoga yesterday. So today I thought, finally, I'll be able to get out for a run. Looked out of the window and bloody snow! I have a bit of a janky hamstring at the moment (probably overstretched it during yoga - not sure) so I'm not risking my first run back on unsteady footing. I'll do gym again today. How frustrating!

• Morning - snowing here again so took to the turbo. Is it a softer landing from the MTB Gobi? Don't use a 310 either Emmy, but Garmin customer services are supposed to be tip top.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

A cold run this morning. Lovely to see the gritter out (who now greets me every morning!).

Cal - hope that your hamstring is OK.

Kate - I've done everything that I could find online and via Garmin connect....

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Kate -not when trees or roots are involved

90 mins in about -5 this morning and a nice 5 degree run

all is good.

Move to Hinckley next week
  • evening

couldn't face getting out of bed into the cold this morning, so had an evening run instead. Always struggle to force myself out in the evening but the full moon was beautiful so well worth the effort image