working at it slowly

Comments

• Sorry just adding to the angst - am lividly furious about some stuff going on at work at the moment image.  It appears that I am clearing out everyone else's sh!t that they have done nothing about for years and years and instead of getting support for finally doing what should have been done, I am getting abuse for it.  Can't give specifics on here but it just makes me so angry.

Sweden was rather wonderful though - they have proper coffee, tea and lunch breaks during the working day image. Can you imagine what that is like?  I promised myself that I would bring it back to work as a habit and on day 1 today back in the office I didn't even get a lunch break.  Better luck tomorrow eh? image

Sorry that I haven't read back properly - I hope all is okay for most and sending hugs to those in need.

• (((( JFF and family ))))

(((DL))) hope your back has eased up

well chugged Chuggy image

sluggy that looks wonderful :0) I was trying to get my friend who does the rhino fund raising to enter, she takes cracking photos - including one of a scorpion that wandered into her bathroom yesterday! 

The stitches will prob be adjusted and/or removed in a few months Meldy. I've been told they're very tight ( I can feel that! ) which is pulling the eye.  I'd hoped that my vision may have improved a little by having the cataract done, I certainly wasn't expecting clear vision, but what I have at the moment is dreadful. Right eye not too bad so I'm managing but poor Dave is having to do so much image I should be able to start helping with the horses now, I've had to avoid the stables (too dusty) for a week to let the epilithium or whatever it's called heal, but I'm not allowed to lift or bend for a few more weeks.  Dave's mucking out and even picking the ponies' feet out, they're little buggers though and they've escaped over the lawn a few times! At least the rabbit's behaving! 

(((((( waisters )))))))

• Morning all. We do see to have a lot of people in the wars just now, don't we

Sluggie, glad the procedure is behind you and you have a lovely weekend to look forward to. It will be good for SB to see you too. Hope you find him doing OK, it's not easy right now. That exhibition looked marvellous; and someone has really thought about how to present it---love the idea of a coral reef as a 'city of the sea'! We will want a full report. 

Larrry, listen to Sue and be careful running in plaster. You don't want them to decide you really DO need the op! And how great to be fostering Frenchies. It's such a practical and effective way to help. 

Podds, stealing dogs for ransom??? That's a REAL lowlife. 

Melds, sterkte today. Sounds like it's going to be a looonng shift. Don't know whether to hope it's busy (so it goes faster) or quiet (cos the world would be more peaceful)! Happily my wishes won't affect it either way image

Sue, signs of spring are really welcome just now. We too have snowdrops galore, and in some places the crocuses are all up and ready to unfold the moment there's a bit of sun. They plant things like crocuses in their hundreds in parks and verges, so when they come up there is a positive field of colour.

Oh Nogs, poor Penny. She really must be getting stir-crazy by now. Glad she's at least able to bake---it will help her pass the time, and you will just have to man up and eat cake! image

((((((Coco)))) That sounds thoroughly rotten. Can't you have a frank and friendly with your line? Also sounds like you want to keep working on Plan B image

((((Tubs))) It all sounds very painful and frustrating. And I gather it will be some months before your eyes have settled. I guess the good side is that over time they ought to improve a good deal from where they are now, really hope they do. It will be good when you can get back to the barn, and feel you're able to start back to normal life. Thank goodness for Mr T, he really is a hero isn't he? 

All well here. Nice lunch yesterday with C1 and two of her colleagues, who used to be my colleagues too! Nice long walk with Monty planned for this afternoon: he is used to being able to run around more than he can here in the city, so he needs the exercise. Happy Fridays all! xxx

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh blimey, thought I'd been in but had must have been in, read & then something happened so couldn't post,

(((((((Far Far & Mr Far Far))))))) hope the passing is peaceful

((((((Tubbs))))) what a load you've been through image hope things are on the up

Sounds like a fab time had at the circus Meldy, you weren't tempted to joinimage

The dog situation frightens me to death image. Speaking if which Dotty Dog is in the doghouse. She gets on the sofa at night time...which she isn't allowed to do!! And sleeps in "my" spot only last time she peed on "my" spot!!!

Run club girls are trying to organising a weekend to Edinburgh for a 10k, it's going to be the most expensive 10k ever entered!!!!

Here's a question, flying into Ed airport is a photo driving license enough ID ?

Happy Friday....

And not just any Friday....

Break up Friday!!!!! imageimageimage
  • Yes, Spence - photo driving licence ID should be fine as it's not an international flight.  I once did a women's only 10K in Glasgow with my (then) running club girls - it was a lot of fun.  Expensive but definitely worth it.

Poor Dotty Dog image

(((((Tubbs))))))

(((((FarFar family))))))

Sorry that everyone else is also having a bad time at the moment.

Chuggy - yes, discussions with the line manager will ensue but I doubt much will change, to be honest.  And plan B is becomingly increasingly important.  In the meantime, I may have to drop some running and do some more swimming in order to deal better with my stress.  It's a bit complex to explain but basically the more stressed I am, the worse my knees are because my muscles all tighten up.  Running like that is probably not a good idea and swimming is probably better.

But I have a fizz appointment next week to discuss it in more detail as seem to be going through quite a bad patch with my knees at the moment.  image

• Morning,

(((FarFar family)))

(((Tubs))) I'm so sorry that your vision has not improved significantly (at all?) after the surgery.When you have all this pain it's nice to be able to point to the benefit! LOL @ the ponies, they are proper little characters, aren't they?! 

(((Coco)))  seems a good idea to swim at the moment. Apart from anything else, it sounds as if running had become just one more thing that you 'ought' to do and then the benefit is lost.

Spence, do you think DD peed there specifically because it is your spot?

How terrible all this dog stealing is image Larry, your fostering idea sounds great - if you can bear to part with them after they have been with you for a while. I remember that Alfie was 'mine' after he had been here about 1 hour - although I was sans cat at that stage so it is a bit different.

Chuggy, I forget, is C1 actually working at your old firm?

One of the things I used to love about running was really experiencing the changing seasons. How welcome the autumn chill was after a hot spell, even more so the signs of spring after the gloom of winter.

Had a call around 9am, MIL has cancelled her hozzie appt so we are not needed. So now we are hanging around like a couple of spare wotsits at a wedding! No point in leaving yet as the hotel room won't be ready (and I really need to lie down as soon as I get there).

I think MS is taking his lappie, so I might look in sometime during the weekend if the hotel has free WiFi.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Morning All

(((WIN)) and their families where applicable!

Norty Dotty.....

Have a good weekend Sluggie image

Meldy - meant to ask you the other day where you stand on the potential renaming of Brian the TVP possible recruit?  I'm loving the idea of him keeping his name image

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Hello all

(((Tubbs)) hope you're less squinty and are not being trampled by ickle hosses

Coco - swimming sounds like the sensible solution

Sluggie - we have been to the wildlife photography exhibitions a few times - 'Stoat with Toast ' looks over me whilst I work. This year OH snuck off and went herself - she said it was very good. I can but believe her.

I am dosed up with pain killers have a hot water bottle and am in a position where I won't need to wince until I need to move. Life is good. 

Happy break up Friday - not the greatest name for the day before Valentines!

• Have a lovely weekend Sluggy image At the moment the vision is far worse, little vision at all in this eye now but fingers crossed removing the stitches will do the trick. He's a good surgeon so I'm not panicking just yet! 

(((( coco ))))

I think you and Podds should combine forces and formulate a Plan C - may I suggest - 

WC - Waisters Consultancy - Working At It Steadily To Eradicate Redtape! And PITAs!    ( sorry, it's the meds! ) 

Oh dear Spence, there's stuff you can get from the pet shop to get rid of the smell of wee where Dotty has widdled which will hopefully discourage her from a repeat performance.

Oskar and Tia are keeping me company, eye a bit niggly so keeping it covered and resting for a bit. Oskar has just thundered over the bed, launched himself at the cat tree and completely missed! He is most affronted that I am still laughing and is a picture of furry miffed indignation! 

((((( waisters )))))

• morning all

((((Tubbs))) still vibing and hoping for a good outcome

gah Spence I have a peeing dog and now a cat (I think she may be a bit poorly cos its unusual) Mick is a nightmare thank dog for tiles and wood floors

I'm jealous of the Edinburgh trip when is it and can I join your club? image

be careful Larry but its so nice to get out in the fresh air isn't it

Coco yes swimming sounds like a good plan. you do sound like you are a bit stressed and thats not good for your knees! ~~~~~ calming vibes ~~~~~~

Well Mr FF left his Mum settled yesterday and we thought it may have been a false alarm, but the nurse went in to see her in the afternoon and she had died. Of course very sad but kind of a relief too. Mr FF and the boys spend all afternoon in the pub and were rather worse for wear when I collected them!

all seem OK this morning and everything is pretty much sorted. the coffin will be more of a basket because she was always claustrophic image

• oh JFF big hugs for you all.  and yes it is a sad time but a relief that the suffering has ended too.

• I've been absent for a bit.  Mainly because I've had one of the worst weeks of my entire career at work.  Questioned by judgement of individuals.  We seem to have come out the other side, but its not quite over.

My nan has been really poorly, (serious chest infections) managed to keep her out of hospital with regular nurse visits and now hopfully on the road to recovery.  Dad has split from his long term partner (I didnt like her anyway!)   Always a drama at Chez Snaily.

Other than that, I've been sticking to my running, I posted a beautiful sunrise pick on FB on a run last week.  Breathtaking.  Tomorrow I have a 5 mile run planned and I'm going to struggle.  I really cant get a grip on my eating, I'm just troffing everything.

And tomorrow is the day of loooooooooove.  I've told Bloke I really dont do Valentines, which is lucky because he doesnt either.  I find it all very cringe worthy and I personally cant think of anything worse than sitting having a meal surrounded by loved up couples.  I will be running, cleaning and avoiding the whole subject!

• My ex-hubbie moved out the day before Valentine's Day the year we split up....

My darling parents came over on the evening of Valentine's Day to take me out for dinner.

I'd forgotten all about it til you mentioned the day of lurve, Snaily.  Just goes to prove that you do get over it and life moves on.  Kinda wish I'd known that then though...

(((((((the FarFars)))))))) - sorry you weren't with her when she went, but am glad it was peaceful at the end.

Thanks for your wise words and support about swimming.  I find it an easier activity which still gives loads of benefits and I am better at it than running.  I guess the knee-thing is always more of a problem with running.

• XBXB ✭✭✭
  • Ahh bless Mr Farty Pants ... I do understand that its a releif
    I did laugh at the non claustrophibic coffin  image

Tubsm, there is nothing better than an embaressing cat moment .. many times I have watched the GPO literally 'nod off' the settee, I could have stopped him ...  image

XB, nice to see you still lurking !

Podds, I think after the 'public outrage' and the subsequent comments both on FB and Twitter I think 'Brian' is here to stay !   I did watch him day before yesterday prancing donw the road so he is clearly enjoying his change of career !

Snaily, what did I miss?  Found a bloke already ?!!

No, I didnt join the circus, they pleaded when they saw my apparent athletiscism but as they dont accept dirty grey 'osses into their company then I politely declined !

Just over an hour to go, I may even have a glass of vino when I get home, project 1 finished last night as some of you saw on FB, it really was a very easy one to do so I was quite surprised at the reactions, that said it prob looks more impressive than it is!   I have a few more things that I need to do before certain dates but I am wondering if I should keep a 'craft file', my mum has a few bits that I have done over the years and I have some pieces at home and nan had one or two which I presume mum has now.  

• Oh dear JFF, please pass on my sympathy to Mr FF.

Spence, 're your flight, check with the airline, some insist on a passport even for internal flights.  

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    (((((Far Far's)))))) give Mr Far a cuddle from me.

I too had a titter at the coffin!!

Well girls-on-tour is sorted we have a flat sorted for the weekend of 30th May image

Far Far the 10k is on the Saturday & a half and marathon on the Sunday! Looks like we are going by train...accommodation & train is going to be ??200+ cost of race ??24 and then we need to eat.....and drink! However I rarely go out, I'm always saving and sometimes you just gotta think sod it, can't take it with you!!

Having said all that Mr Spence has no idea of the costs involved so shhhhh it's all on a need to know basis!!image

Meldy, Snaily has been at it like a rabbit for ages, do keep upimage
  • (((FarFars))) - never an easy time no matter what the circumstances.

I’m with you there Spence, there are times that I think - sod it can’t take it with you, and what an experience for you all.

I also subscribe to the ‘he only needs to know what he needs to know’ policyimage

• Which weekend is this Spence? ( yeah yeah I know, keep up )

still waiting for grannies inheritance to land, it's been forever!! So can't comit to much at the mo!!

im just home, glass of wine I hand and realised (quite quickly) that I didn't leave the GPOs tea in the 'slow cooker' so he's had a late one image

• (((((Far Fars)))))

Brian????? Sorry slow on the uptake. Brain mashed. I need a week off!

Hang on .... image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I know, great isn't it Pippi! image don't tell Nogs!!image

Come on everybody, this isn't just any parkrun Saturday! The club are putting on pacers today, from 22 minutes to me at 30! image

You'll be able to spot me apparently I'm carrying a heart shaped balloon!!!
  • Good morning

((((((Farfars)))))) thoughtful choice of casket

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will be careful with the plaster on. I do not want any more accidents!

(((((Tubbs))))) well done you for staying positive.

I am going on a trip today. image off to London for an assignation imageimageimage
  • Spence - I am sure you will be an excellent pacer. image enjoy the run.
  • Morning chums

(farfars))))))) Thinking of you all xx

(((((tubs))))) hope things get better soon lass xx

Sounds like an exciting weekend spence! image

Mr Daffs woke me at 4am to inform me the neighbours had just got in and were making a noise... He's gone off somewhere to sleep in the car. I need to go out in said car in 45 minutes and he doesn't have phone.

Looks like i'd best get on my bike and cycle round looking for him... (or maybe i should wake the neighbours and send them out looking?!)

Yawn.

• Lol Daffs

Spence as a pacer. Jeez hope they have a no swearing at people policy!!!

Meldy I was impressed with project 1

Yes I found a bloke, it's all very relaxed and enjoyable with no pressure. At first I found it very odd but I've stopped stressing and decided to live for the moment. And he works away a lot, my own time is very precious to me and he understands that.

I should be running 5 miles today, got to stay in and wait for my steam not delivery, which I'm very excited about. Wish delivery would hurry up, my planned route is going to be busy with people out and about :/
  • Hey guys I did 2 miles in 21.41 on my outdoor hilly course. My max heart reached 206 which is HIGH for 26 years of age, I cant tell if its a pb or not (for the time not hr lol) cause I only look out for 1km, 1 mile, 3 mile, 5k, or shorter track distances. But the pace was on track to be a pb compared to what I managed 3 miles in 35.55 on a mill (which is a lot easier than running 2 big hills with wind resistance and hard ground!)

My average Heart rate was 162 (78%) the endomodo website reported, my resting I have never managed accurately, apparently you need to lie down for 20 minutes and take lowest reading that a HR Monitor gives you in that time as resting heart rate, but I can tell you that when I am sitting Heart rate varies between 80-92 bpm mostly in low 80's sometimes it will dip to 78 and even more rare it will dip to 76 or so whilst sitting so that gives you an IDEA but not my actual resting heart rate. 

One interesting thing about max heart rate, whilst most people say it can't be increased but can fall as you get fitter, but there are some studies and some cardiologists that prepose that whilst max heart rate decreases for most athletes as they get fitter/faster, because their heart contracts more forcefully thus using less beats, a subset of people actually get higher max heart rate as they get fitter, because they have a "different" physiology of heart muscle etc which means their heart contracts more times to get the blood round, and that, for most untrained people of the second type, their max heart rate is below its innate value until they train, these doctors have said that for that subset the max heart they can achieve whilst untrained is on the high end any way but that for all of the subset their max heart rate can be between 200-240 depending on the individual, a certain rower at max exertion had 220 for a sustained period of time.

Apparently high max heart rate does not indicate poor health its the RATE at which it drops after exercise ceases, a drop of 12 bpm or less indicates far increased rate of DEATH than people whose rate drops by  13BPM or more, apparently this variable of Rate of decrease is increased by increasing your fitness, even in people with heart failure or other serious heart diseases (Excluding things like hole in the heart, wrong flow of blood direction and rare things like that)

However I have an appoint with doc to mention my asthma which was terrible this week but is a bit better today (and seems to be better 10-30 mins post exercise, weirdly).

I will also mention the pain in my heart I experienced during Edinburgh race and also the high max HR (which may or may not mean anything). I would be quite keen to wear a medical grade hear rate monitor, and go flat out for 3mins, 2 min jog, 3 mins flat out, and then come to complete rest, and ask the doc to tell me how fast my heart rate was dropping in the first few minutes, hopefully most or all of the first few minutes have a drop of at least 13BPM! 

• I always thought it was how quickly your heart rate returned to normal determines how fit you are????  I have a high heart rate too.  Not that I pay much attention to running via heart rate.

Well I've cleaned the house top to bottom waiting for the steam mop delivery.  Its still not here so I'm really annoyed now, I wanted to run, need to go supermarket, and I really need a shower.  Was planning a lazy morning tomorrow, looks like I'm gonna have to run grrrrrr

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Well this 30 minute pacer came home in 29:59 image

Rather please with that! And no swearing because it felt rather easy!! Cor blimey.

Must remember that tomorrow when I'm swearng my head off trying to get up the biggest hill in Warwickshire !
  • Yup sally your right, thats what I said sally although not concisely enough! (its not just fitness but actual health too, so if it falls by 12  BPM per minute in the first few minutes you are in trouble (higher the rate of decrease the fitter/less ill you are), Paragraph 3 says exactly that. I apologize for writing an essay again! Need to keep posts briefier.  I am going to start training by heart rate as it can be a good guide, provided you actually use right max heart rate, if your monitor is wrong, if you use the same one each time it will always be wrong by same amount so if its too high or low, just basing your percentage on that is fine as its all relative to the equipment you use. The trouble is the actual percentages for each zone are different for each website and different formulas are employed....