Femeroacetabular Impingement

1131415161719»

Comments

• Hi all,

I am 11 months post SECOND operation and am still in daily pain, especially after driving. I did 20 mins cross trainer on Sat am (which I do every week) and the in the evening I was getting dresses and got a large stabbing pain in thigh, just below hip (on the side) and I still have it now...any ideas, could I have pulled something...

hope you are all recovering well!

• Hi. New here and so glad I found this thread. After 18 months of increasing pain, x-Rays, MRI, cortisones and clinic appointments with a registrar, I finally saw Mr Conroy himself in clinic last month. Looking at my scan and talking to me/manipulating my hip joint, he immediately diagnosed FAI but with no tear visible on the scan (although he said he thought there probably is one). This meant that the NHS would not fund the surgery. He suggested I join the FAI trial and through this I have been selected for surgery and have been put on the waiting list with a probable date of early September. I needed to contact the secretary as I am a teacher and need to make plans for being off work in the new term in September and was today informed (for the first time) that they were still waiting on my funding request to go through. This has got me really worried now. I was under the impression that the trial overcame the funding issue and had seen a light at the end of the tunnel knowing surgery was going to happen in September. Now I feel like the rug has been pulled from under me. The pain is getting increasingly depressing, I have almost no strength or stability in my right hip and am struggling to walk, sit or sleep comfortably. Running is completely out if the question. Has anyone else had the funding issue and does anyone know how likely I am to get it authorised?
  • Update...I didn't get funding. What now???