Trail Running Lecture Series

Dear All, I'm setting up the first of what I hope to be a regular lecture series on trail running, it's meant to be a fun and interactive way for trail runners based in the UK to meet up. If it proves popular we can repeat it regularly. The first meet takes place on 25th March in a Cotswold Outdoor store in London, near Liverpool Street station. There will be a few veteran trail runners present who will be talking about tactics and kit for different trail running environments. Cotswold who have kindly agreed to host it in their premises as well as providing a 15% discount on the evening. They will also be providing an unbiased review of trail running kit for the season. All proceeds from the tickets go to a prize draw. Please sign up here! http://www.etickets.to/buy/?e=12313 - hope to see you there!

Comments

• I meant to add it is for all abilities!

• trail running in the centre of London... That must be fun and exciting......

or is that why you hold it there... in the rest of the country we just open our doors and go off running on trails without the need for lectures and expensive kit....

londoners need all the gear and all the knowledge for their one trip to the thames path   :image

• Thames path can get quite muddy! image I think if this event became popular, then it should be setup in other locations. There is a small nominal of £3 but it gets given back in kit given away. Agreed I think all kit is quite expensive and a big investment, ultras and adventure races more so than running on the road and unfortunately the essential kit required by races like the MDS, UTMB, Lakeland 100 is a lot, so hopefully this event also helps by getting access to discounts and kit reviews.

• The Thames path in London is virtually all concrete!

• you can do the essential kit for the lakelands on quite a small budget...doesnt need to be top of the range...

discounts on things that cost over £100 is fine. but you can get things for a lot less.  but then if it works as a good selling tool for you then well done...cotswolds is a very expensive shop to get the gear... 

But it does go with my belief that a lot of londoners have more money than sense  image

• I've signed up & looking forward to seeing what's on offer/ who's there. I manage to find plenty of lovely off road running in London & the surrounding areas to provide me with decent training for ultras. Even if it's just a bit of a 'pep' talk, I reckon it's worth a shot!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Cotswold has some decent bargains, just need to keep your eye out. 

• PiersPiers ✭✭✭

"regular lecture series on trail running"

What the hell can that include?

While we are at it, here's a shameless plug for the Combe Gibbet Race a real point to point trail race.

We have a few places left on 29th March. More information here.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    A lecture on trail running? You are taking the pois Oui?!

And you are charging for it? It is in London? And you want to make a series out of it??

it is funny but I doubt you'll get more than 20mins of jokes out of that imaginary scenario.
  • Piers I'm running that following a half marathon in the morning!

• Hi Chipster! thanks for signing up and also your encouragement. The charge is purely so I know how many people are coming along image. The money is going towards a prize draw (entry is £3 each). It's always good fun to meet up with other keen trail runners whatever the experience and get some ideas for future running adventures. Hope to see more of you there!

• PiersPiers ✭✭✭

TMW,

That's a tough ask.

I'll be marshaling at about 13 miles at a road crossing. 

Enjoy it

Piers

• I'd be interested if it was a bit nearer home. ??3 Is more than reasonable