Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning Kate: 30 sheep, good callimage

emmy: Doing okay thanks and you ?

Dry and cold here today

NW: 1 owl, 4 dogs, 1 cat 1 cyclist

psc: 'My legs hate me and have gone on strike !'image Great quote mate.

Gemma was and obviously still is a very good Ultra runner. Be nice  if she said Hello if she's ever looking in.

• Pouring down here now.

Caught in a hail shower when out with Geordie earlier !

Off to work later.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all image

A lovely SOC and with the sunrise now a lot earlier - I only need my headtorch for the first half of my run! woohoo!

Birky - I'm alright. Finally recovered from the flu and trying to get ready for my next quad this weekend.

A lovely 10k this morning with Boyska. Was really beautiful weather and i'm glad I made myself 10 minutes later but running a little longer. I needed it!

NW: 4 ducks, 2 heron, 1 kamikaze cat

• I got up yesterday morning at 3.30am to leave the house for 4am. 17.4 mile run around my town before finishing up at my workplace 2 and a half hours later for a 10 hour shift! Finished the day with 49,000 steps as in my job your on your feet a lot. Sore legs at the end of the day.
  • Morning you lot

Just off out with Geordie.

Back later

• Morning all - hour on the turbo for me, nice day out visiting clients in the Sussex countryside today, I've been spending too much time in London recently. That sounds like a long old day Jonathan, I bet you slept well after that. Another long weekend in Kent Emmy?

• Morning Kate

Jonathan: As Kate said that does seem a long day !

It seems to be getting lighter in the mornings again, noticed it today.

NW: 1 owl, 4 dogs, 1 white and black cat, 2 robin red breasts.

Back later

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Jonathan - that's certainly a long day! How do you manage it?

Kate - That sounds like a nice change!

It'll be two days in Kent with Traviss and two days up in MK with Foxy

Birky - I've noticed the same. It was the first time I wore just a tshirt whilst out running this morning! was heavenly!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hello

Did 2 hours on the bike this morning, legs still tired but not sore after the weekend. Will run some miles tonight image

have fun
  • evening all... nice little recovery run this morning on deeply complaining legs!  Quads felt like they had been whacked for hours with a stick, but after a mile or two started to ease off a bit.  

Emmy, where in Kent are you doubling?

Jonathan - that's a serious day's training/working!  

Gobi, you're a machine!

Kate - always good to visit the country and get out of the big smoke!!

Time to take a short walk up the wooden hill I think.  Nite all.

• Morning you lot

Dawn about to break up here at the moment

Off out now

Back later

• Morning all - morning birky. What a sunrise this morning. Turbo again after a walloping at track last night, 9.5 miles total and a hard old pyramid session.

• Morning again

Kate: Yeah it was a cracking dawn and it was great being out. The Eastern sky was full of pinks, white clouds and blues. There was  a half moon and a frost on the ground.

35mins Steady.

• A'noon

Wet and windy here now and has been for the past hour !

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Hi all

It's been a while....Thames Meander and Ranscombe marathons this weekend. I think I'm losing the will to live with these bloody things...

• evening

530 - good luck for the weekend, hope you are well

Emmy - good luck to you too! The hundredth must be coming up soon?

Haven't done anything since Saturday because of this cold...

• Morning

Cold one here this morning.

Just in from a  10pm - 6am night shift so will catch up later.

Have walked Geordie.image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    No laughing but I just entered the Cotswold classic 70.3!!!

Morning
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    PSC wrote (see)

evening all... nice little recovery run this morning on deeply complaining legs!  Quads felt like they had been whacked for hours with a stick, but after a mile or two started to ease off a bit.  

Emmy, where in Kent are you doubling?

Ranscombe spring double this weekend for me PSC. Are you around? How are your legs now?

Gobi - When's that?... it was to be expected right?image

5.30 - You love it reallyimage

Maths - next month! image It's the fowlmead challenge in Kent (25. April for those interested and fancy eating their weight in cake..)

• Excellent! Is that the June or the August one, I hope it's June as I'm doing that one.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    August 23rd is the only one that fitted for my group

Expected..... not when they first informed me I think I threw a curve ball when I answered that I was going so may as well enter.

People are worried image

So swimming ...........

So much for retirement
  • evening

Emmy - wish I could be there but with work the next day Kent is a bit far for me image

Gobi - good luck, you better get to the pool!

well, feeling better now if still a bit sneezy, so slow run this morning to remind my legs what running is, and as swimming has been cancelled tonight (heating issues) did a turbo instead

RIP Terry Pratchett - a great author and interesting person

• forgot my NW - 1st toad of the spring, and a hedgehog image

• Nice NW MC. See you on Saturday 5.30.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    So I have been back in the pool for about a month and will confess that now.

This morning I may as well have been swimming as I got so wet on the bike but still 100 minutes done so all is good.

Felt lazy as I didnt go out until 0555 but the daylight I am rewarded with is nice.

Not for the first time this week I was nearly hit by someone coming out of a junction.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maths - How are you feeling after the turbo? Nice NW - I haven't seen a toad in years!

Kate/5.30 - enjoy Thames Meander!

Gobi - That's a worry about the junction. Is it a known troublespot?

A NOC (6.45) for me today. Lovely to run in the sun and although it was a bit chilly it was lovely. 10k taper done for the quad. I wont be back online til Wednesday/Thursday so have a great weekend everyone image

NW - 3 ducks, 1 heron, 1 dog

• Morning

Just having a look in between my post office night shifts.

Will catch up eventually, probably tomorrow.

Working all next week at the SECC. Then same again the following week.

• 5.30: Good to have you back.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Who knows Emmy I am a tourist :??)

I would guess not just knobs who don't look
  • evening

Emmy - I am good. Probably too late to wish you luck for the quad but I think I already did anyway image

I am finding there are more and more people that drive badly! Monday morning I got a shock as I was driving to school - a nasty accident on the road and as I drove past I saw that it was a young guy from work that had been hit by an idiot, luckily there was a layby so I could stop and stay with him till the ambulance arrived. He is ok, badly bruised and very sore, car written off....all because and idiot came out of a junction straight into him. Good job he was in a car and not on a bike or he probably wouldn't be here