Scottish Runners

Comments

• Always room for more on here image.

Strathearn still open for entries as far as I'm aware.

• Cold and dry first thing, but got caught in a hail shower when out with Geordie !

• Welcome Glasgow Mick.

Haven't been on that path for 30+y but have you thought about getting bus out and running back (it saves hanging around waiting for buses when you're potentially wet and cold)

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Hi Glasgow Mick!

Very windy 5.6 miles for me done at fast pace today,felt strong,hill sprints tomorrow.

Hoping all this heading out in the wind,hail and snow will pay off come the summer months,folk must think we are nuts.
  • Blowin' a hoolie here too
  • Eleven pleasant miles this morning before work. A wee tweakmimmmy calf but should be OK with a bit of rest. Mental weather now it's blowing a gale, ooft, car was getting blown all over the place on the way home from work

• Glasgow Mick- at the McDonald's in kirkintilloch is the old railway track to strathblane, nice run taking you by Milton of campsie and lennoxtown. Around 7.5 miles to strathblane so a good 15 mile round trip or cut it short at any point you want. 

• Thanks for the welcome folk

AOH, That does sound a better idea and I'll catch the bus out from Milngavie.

Bigeater that track never fulfilled the main criteria of getting somewhere a bit softer underfoot where I could increase my mileage but ran from McDonalds to Campsie Road that I estimated as 9k there and back and it was a glorious setting running next to the river and heading towards the Campsie hills especially being such a mild evening and got back to the car just before it got dark and look forward to running the other half to Strathblane.   I'm a postman so walking 8 or so miles a day on concrete leads me to look for something softer and not too hilly if such a route is available although I'm looking forward to some of the tracks in the Campsie's once I've finished my base training and have my mileage up to around 30 miles a week.

Anyone massage their muscles after a run?   I bought a bottle of cheap and cheerful body lotion from Asda and I don't think it's really suitable although it's probably passable as just do my Calf muscles so looking for suggestions other than raiding the olive oil bottle for something readily available from local shops/supermarkets? cheers

• I don't massage- foam roller whilst I sit on the floor waiting for my very slow old desk top to oh so slowly load runs from agarmin to fetch.

15 miles yesterday from milngavie , out towards killearn, and back. I've never run that before - very pleasant, although a bit muddy in parts

• I need to foam roller more, it's great evening when you get into a routine but leave it a while and ouch! My calf is going to kill next time I do it
  • Morning

Today there was a cracking dawn and it was great being out An eastern sky full of pinks, white clouds and blues, a half moon and a frost on the ground.

35mins Steady.

• Hideous weather now, just back from 8m, being lashed by the wind and rain.

The Milngavie to Drymen stretch of WHW is nice, and often overlooked in favour of the more 'glamorous' Northern parts. I like the muddy Mugdock bit and out past the huts image.

• Thought I'd run out of light by the time I made the dinners (fussy kids, Veggies etc) and walked over to the canal just before 6:15 but managed to get roughly 9k squeezed in between Cadder and Lambhill Bridges and conditions were perfect.  Don't like running 2 or even 3 days running which I've just done but I'm getting a tooth out tomorrow and will be Saturday evening at the earliest before I can run so took the gamble and legs feel fine and I'll be on the roller later. 

Tricialitt, was some of your run on the WHW?

• Ooh, busy on here I seeimage

Hi Glasgow Mickimage

D33 this weekend to kick off 2015s racing for me. Anyone else going?

• Hi Glasgow Mick: Yes- running on the WHW as much as possible in preparation for the fling, which is scarily close now.............makes me wonder why I never went over there to run before...........it's just the hassle of driving to a run, rather then simply going out of the front door.

Enjoy D33- hope it's not too blustery/ wet for it!

Off for a wee recovery run now. I'm with Glasgow Mick on struggling to run 2 days in a row, so this is recovery after a rest day!

• Fully recovered then MrsMac? Enjoy!

No long runs this weekend as it's LK next weekend ...

• Luckily I take my GPS on my runs so my pre football training run with the team is much harder than I thought. We run about 4 miles and you just push yourself as much as you can/want. There are always another couple of guys and me at the front and I think that's why I run harder. Looked at my garmin connect, did about 6:40/mile, much quicker than I normally do so it'll be a recovery run around Glasgow green tonight methinks!
  • Good luck for the D33 MrsMac image.

Think the forecast is meant to be better for this weekend, which means I can finally crack on with some Spring planting up at the allotment, last few weeks been a bit of a wash-out. Hopefully get some cycling in too.

Looking at getting my entry in for Balfron 10k fairly soon, and then maybe Loch Leven half in May, never done that one but it will fit nicely timing wise with my build up to Strathearn.

• Morning

Will catch up tomorrow.

• Seems like I've been away so long that there is a whole new cast of participants here! Welcome. Especially to Glasgow Mick as I'm a native of Bishopbriggs.

Nice to finally have some real spring weather for running and gardening (which I should be doing right now). I'm finally taking a weekend off racing after 5 in a row, last week's Inverness Half went very well for me almost matching my wind assisted Kinloss  to Lossie effort, but we had the full '4 seasons in a day' experience plus the River Ness threatening to inundate the course as it was so high.

• TP: Good shout re that stretch of West Highland Way.

• Did the old kilpatrik- loch humphrey- milton loop this morning-10 very hilly miles- unfortunately they've put a whole load of new chock stones down on the path, and its so rough underfoot that it's barely runnable for fear of turning an ankle- took me 2 hours, great fling trainng!

• Welcome all new folk!

57.5 - Well done in inverness half, it's a while since I did that one. Spent last Sat doing Stromness to Birsay along the edge! Very wet underfoot and blustery but good fun.

Tricia - sounds like a nice run. Look forward to seeing you at Loch Katrine. It may be slow going for me as haven't really trained enough, too scared about getting injured.

Mrs mac - Well done with a superb time at D33 yesterday. Can't imagine going sub 5! But the big question has to be was there flapjack?

Only 12miles for me yesterday, sort of tapering though not much to taper from! Wondering what the weather has in store for next weekend.
  • Spooky - I've just been up there too !!image I only passed one runner, she was coming under the underpass as I returned - was that you?. Overtook one poor MTBer on the steep bit - I'm convinced he got off after I went by. image

First time I've run up and still tired from a 4 1/2 hour bike ride yesterday, will have another go later see how much faster I can do it.

https://www.strava.com/activities/268474284/overview

• Might well have been me, there weren't many folk up there today, which was odd, as it's a nice day. Still some ice on the puddles near the top, but at least the snow has gone.

• Muddy 7.5 for me today (also supposed to be tapering)
  • Well done on the Stromness to Birsay run Elspeth. My third favourite Orkney run after the Old Man/ St John's Head and the south coast of Hoy. Though I never did the whole thing in one go!

• What a day for running today! I got in 18 miles around Speyside with some great views. And dry conditions underfoot.

• First time to do the whole thing for me 57.5. Like to do it again in better weather though! We only meant to do Stromness to yesnaby and back but the bit from Black hill to Yesnaby was pretty horrible underfoot and we didn't fancy repeating it. Got easier further north.

Nice 18 in Speyside.

Just out and about on the bike this afternoon, too cold to stay out for long though!
  • Morning

Easy Session before an 11 hour day shift.

Day shift all this week and next

Catch up later

Have a good one