Sub 3h15

Comments

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Just added this week's runs to further boost our team standings! image

Keep on recovering VTr!  You are doing brilliantly from where I am watching you image

Bike It - congratulations on the new job and house. Things are falling into place for you.

After 15 trail miles yesterday, I had another session this morning with the running coach (the Boss). This time 4 x 0.20 mi w/60 secs recovery THREE TIMES!  Having not done any speedwork this is all new to me but quite fun.  My new form seems to be much better (shouts of "YEEEESSSS! Looking greeaaaaaat!" from The Boss).  I was faster than the other lady who was with me so she was given a head start in order for us to have the same recoveries.  Speed ranged from 4:57-5:20m/m so I am still getting used to running controlled efforts at pace.  

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Gul Darr wrote (see)

Well, my resolve is starting to wobble already and I'm thinking perhaps I could do the Autumn Shakespeare...?image

Atta boy, Gul!  *hearty back slap American style*

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Wow, sub 5m/m...!  Not sure I've ever managed that!

900m reps for me last night, and averaged 6.05m/m.  Not quite where I want to be, but finally felt like I had a bit more energy and zip in my legs, so maybe things are starting to come together.  Phew!  The last month had been a bit tough psychologically...

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Gul- only 4 days and already a wobble , bah, thought you could have held out at least a month ! book it now image 

MSE- The new gear seems to be working .

Jools- all cranking up nicely .

• Logged my third run of the week (out of 4) on Jantastic and got the normal "have you really done it?" question: of course I have! We are now a point clear of second: come on and record MT now.

Think I did a bit too much too fast yesterday. Sunday off, then 4@8 minute pace Mon, 7.4@7:40 yesterday and back to 6@7:50 today with heavy lesg. Jantasic plan was to have 2 runs and use a joke to make up to 4, looks like 5 or 6 will happen.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Beginning to wish I'd have joined the Jantastic team. I've done 4 runs per week, not missed a session and hit every target. image

7 easy miles at 7.22 pace today. Running between 7.20 and 7.30 seems dead easy but can my legs last that long on the day? We'll see.
    Can defo feel some muscle areas still healing after two tough weekends and hard training inbetween.

Yes Gul! get in there old son!! image

GD

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

MsE - way to go!
    Jools - good to hear you've got a bit more zip!
    Leslie - It's still 8 months before the Autumn Shakespeare. That gives me plenty of time to ease up on the mileage, put in a few months of speed work and still have a decent campaign. Trying to hold off putting a plan together just yet...image
    PMJ - do you have another race lined up now that Cabbage Patch has been cancelled?

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

x-post
    GD - nice run. I'm sure you can hold that pace. Just don't let doubt creep in. 

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    PhilipMJones wrote (see)

Logged my third run of the week (out of 4) on Jantastic and got the normal "have you really done it?" question: of course I have! We are now a point clear of second: come on and record MT now.

And a certain member of the thread is currently ranked 4th on the MT men's podium, I believe image

• No marathon for me. Physio says no running for another two weeks and I've already missed 3 and a half. [enter grumpy and withdrawn mode]

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

(((Speedy)))
    4 slow miles d&d.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Speedy - That's a real shame. I ran my only two marathons off compromised training campaigns (missed 4 weeks in both) and they were both $hit, I know you wouldn't wnat that. Hope the grumpiness doesn't linger and you have a speedy recovery. What is the actual issue?

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

((speedy)) spring mara may be out but maybe one later in the year when you get back at yourself.image 

10 miles this morning with 5x400m then 4x800m(6:10 m/mile) on the track in the middle , few people down the track ..mainly walking their dogs unfortunately though image and then a pensioner with a big white beard showed up and put in a few slow jogged laps till I was just about to lap him in an 800m , just as I was passing and up alongside him he put the hammer down into the turn image and I couldn't get past on the outsideimage so I tucked back in behind again  He was doing sub 6 milling ! He only lasted about 50m though and then the wheels came of suddenly and I flew past again image Not sure what the plan was but was fun anyway image

• Got 4th on the MT podium (so not really a podium at all) and it seems that Jantastic is a few minute segment that mentions the MT teams and no others.

No race to replace the Cabbage Patch 10. The Epsom 10 mile is normally about the same time and is often a vets champs race so may do that.

Nice chasing Leslie, always good when they raise to the challenge and fail.

• Good luck with the job & house BikeIt - exciting times. You might need a lot more furniture for the new pad.

A good wobble Gul

Smoking reps MsE!

Nicely paced 7 miler G-Dawg

Bad news about the lay off Speedy - I'm sure you'll be back for an Autumn mara.

An eventful morning at the track Leslie. Always good to have someone in your sights on pacey reps like that, be it at the track or Park. My favourite is catching cyclists going uphill.

Getting some good sessions in this week with 10x hill reps Monday, 5 x 1 mile reps Tuesday and a 14 miler last night.

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Popping in one last time for next few weeks as I fly to Vietnam and HK with the family for a bit of sightseeing and a wedding. Squeezed in 21 miles this morning av 7:38m/m. Keep well all and I'll be back in April!
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Great minds and ll that KR. I was reading Leslie's post when I tgought I'd comment on how much I enjoy over-taking cyclists going uphill...and then you said...image

Nice running Leslie. As for the track part, you certainly showed that octogenarian who's boss!! imageimage

Congrats on the P4 PMJ. Quality!

Gutted for Speedy. These things make you stronger etc...image

Was a bit worried about fatigue in the legs today so rather than do structered intervals I did a 5 mile fartlek. Got out there and legs felt much better than yesterday. Averaged 6.47 pace for the whole thing.

Got an 18 miler after work tomorrow night and then will have the whole weekend off to rest and recover. Bring it on!

GD

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    That's great news BI - all coming together nicely

Speedy! That is very disappointing. You have a very structured and careful approach to your campaigns so I'm sure you'll have had some long term benefit from this one so far and will bounce back faster again the autumn. Sucks in the meantime though....

Have a great time MsE!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Always good to beat a pensionet Leslie!

I guess this goes back to your XC stumble Speedy- really bad luck

9 miles here after a couple of rest days

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Kr-tough week so far for you 

MSE- flying now , great pace for a very long run image

G-Dawg - good to see you are holing back with 6:47m/milling image

0052- He wasn't you average pensioner image, I saw him charging up a hill at least 30 mins later on the way home , I suspect he will be at a race soon image Maybe he just had a hard life or the white beard made him look older image

• sscssc ✭✭✭

Speedy sorry to hear that- hope recovery is quick. 

Slowly back into running, 7 Sunday, 8 Monday, 7 Wednesday, all steady pace just to get some strength back into the calf

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

ssc - Good to hear!

GD - Looking good!

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Speedy - rubbish news, sorry to hear. Recover well, and come back stronger - but not before you're meant to! I know how frustrating it can be.

BI - exciting times. Congrats on both the job and house!

MsE - have a lovely time away with the family. Sounds great.

Everyone else - keep it up! Some impressive training going on, as usual. A couple of easy runs, a fartlek and a sort of tempo run done here this week, so just about keeping on top of things around a ~4 hour daily commute plus work & family. Glad it's only short term! Should still end the week over 40 miles given a 15 miler on Sunday.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all, not read back at all but have picked up on your continuing woes Speedy, sorry to hear.

Been away for 3 days on a conference, very little self time, so only manage an interval session and a short run plus a spinning session.... need to try and pick it up but also had  a crappy week at work and daughter has got some bone issues that require MRI and further investigation which is concerning..... so not in the best state

• Day off for me today. Drive to Cambridge to pick up daughter #2 who has finished another of those long terms and is home now for the Easter break. She actually finished a week ago but didn't fancy me pre-marathon grump or post-marathon stiff so has been in Berlin this week. She has come back from Berlin to two funding offers for her masters and PhD so another 4 years in Cambridge for her, but these will be funded by someone else image

Sending positive vibes your way RFJ. Modern medicine can be scary and tells us things that went unnoticed in the past with the potential of false positives, but can also be a life changer.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Best wishes RFJ and congrats to your daughter PMJ- she must be very smart.

My eldest starts work as a grad engineer for Transport for London after her summer exams- hopefully VLM accomodation should be free in years to come image

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Leslie - are you sure it wasn't Ron Hill?image
    KR - good sessions. How long till Manchester?
    MsE - strong 21 miler. Bon voyage!
    GD - good work.
    OO - nice recovery.
    ssc - sounds positive.
    Abbers  - well done fitting in 40 miles!
    RFJ - sorry to hear about your daughter. Praying for your family.
    PMJ - good news on your daughter's funding. Dropped my daughter #2 off early today as she is off to Cambridge for the day. Did a 2 day field trip organised by HEFA and now off to report back and round off etc...
    OO - very convenient!
    4 slow miles / 2 easy miles d&d.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Hope everything works out ok RFJ. Kids really know how to make us worry!

Good news PMJ, particularly from a bank balance perspective. My eldest is on tenterhooks waiting for his funding confirmation too (Bath or York or Leeds).

I've injected a bit of faster work into the running side of things this week with a 5x1K session at 5:50mm off 400m on Tuesday and 3miles at 6:20mm followed by 2m at 6:05 pace last night. Sharpening up!
  • SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Good work Abbers. How's the job going?