Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• evening

4 miles this morning for me, freezing cold! Didn't manage to see the aurora last night - it was foggy round here

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Accidental low profile on RW lately

Got up and saw freezing fog so parked the bike and went running image

Hit the bike this evening and by the time the dust settled my SOC NOC day had nearly 4hrs of training in it

Apologies for the lack of engagement
  • Morning team. If anyone has lacked engagement recently it's been me. Mojo is currently missing following sickness and niggles and lots of work travelling. Looking forward to warmer times. image
  • Morning you lot. Morning psc

25 mins steady. Cold, dry day here. Bit of a frost.

NW: The 'usual suspects'. 1 owl, 1 cat, 2 robin red breasts,

Off for a 12 hour shift soon

Catch up again soon, tomorrow probably !

Have a good one

• Morning Birky. Grey here.... Light breeze and about 6 degrees. image
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    PSC - the mojo I have , 11hours in 3 days this week, currently in a second volume week between races.

I am fed up of the cold fog and am hiding indoors way too much
  • Morning - let out a bit of mojo and last night's red wine on the turbo this morning, run and more turbo action later. First 100 mile bike of the year on Sunday so will get plenty of outdoors action then. Are you going to find your mojo before Brighton PSC?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Apologies for the delay - I didn't have too much internet.

Belated happy birthday to Kate image

Another quad done and feel surprisingly good! A tough two days at Ranscombe on Saturday/Sunday and then two gentle days at Willen Lake.

Runs back have all been alright. Yesterday's recovery run turned into a tempo run as I was running late and today my easy run turned tempo when I needed a wee 2k from home!

How is everyone getting on?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I had to check Kate but I rode just shy of 10000 miles last year and did NO 100 mile rides, longest was 90.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Happy birthday, Kate!

No runs for me since Tuesday as I have the Wimbledon half on Sunday. I've been walking as usual and I did run for a train this morning - no problem with the ankle thing but it is tight so I'm wearing compression socks to school today and tomorrow (open day) as I'll be on my feet a lot. Hopefully everything will be fine!

• Morning you lot

Off today and soon off to take my niece to Edinburgh airport. She's off to Austria for 3 weeks.

NW:  1owl, 1 dog,1 cat, 2 robin red breasts who were again singing on our fence.image

Cal: All the best for Sunday

Eclipse soon I believe.

Catch up later

• Morning all - 5 miles, 5 OR and a squirrel. Legs not  impressed about being out after hill reps last night. I need some 100 milers in my life Gobi as the plan is to cycle 112 then get off and run a marathon in about 12 weeks. Good luck for Sunday Cal. Bit cloudy here to see the eclipse birky.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Yes, too cloudy to see anything down here in London, but as I was indoors at the pool with a couple of classes I didn't have the option anyway. It got dull for a bit but that's about it.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Cal - maybe it is time to stop and get fixed....

Kate - I never race more than about 3 hours, did 2.07 the other day and hope when I do my 70.3 to be done in 2.07 image
  • Afternoon

Ran off road for an hour or so this morning including some decent hilly bits! Will swim later.

NW 3 dogs, 1 pheasant, 1 rabbit

• kate; It was very dull and cloudy here for the eclipse.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It was so foggy here you couldn't see to the end of the road let alone up into the sky! Great running/biking from everyone!

10k for me this morning. 6k with both dogs, 4k with just one of them.

NW: 2 horses, 2dogs

• evening all

I have don't much this week really, partly mojo lacking partly I think I have been doing a bit too much and need to cut back, also had a parents evening. So this morning was only the second run of the week and I had a short swim this evening too

loads of owls about this morning, creating a real  racket image swiftly followed by blackbirds and it was light when I got home

the sky cleared for the eclipse and we had the whole school out on the field with home made viewers and we all loved it

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm in hell week myself - parents evening on Wednesday, the house netball competition on three consecutive lunchtimes and an open day tomorrow. I'm exhausted!

• cal - just get through it and take it easy at the weekend is best with those kind of weeks!

swimming and spinning for me this morning, packing the kids off with scouts for the weekend first image

• Afternoon folks - 14 miles OR 16 NW every type of wild fowl going, including a very unusual duck, then 2.6K in the pool. Good luck tomorrow Cal.

• Made it to the pool yesterday and swam 3800m in 1hr25.

Cycled a tad under 60k today and hope to get a run in tomorrow but am collecting my sister-in-law from heathrow at 05.40 so will have to see how I feel later.

Saw a dead rat on my cycle ride today! NW 1 big bird of prey and about a dozen Alpacas.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I got through my half marathon without anything breaking (although I am sore - very sore - though I'm too much of a puss to try an ice bath as my SMT recommended. I just can't do cold water).

Finally got my Womble medal and a PB! The course was two laps with a couple of nasty hills at the start of each lap but a lovely downhill later on that I bombed down like a nutter (my first trip down it had me doing a 9:09 min/mi which is very fast for me). Final time was a bit under 2:13 according to my Garmin, which is a PB by around 5 minutes. Obviously I'll need to wait for my chip time to come back but I'm pleased. I'd aimed to run under 10:30s and, aside from the second trip up the hills on Lap 2, and the very last mile, I was well under that.

I'm pretty surprised, given that I consider myself to be a bit of a tortoise, how many people are a lot slower than I am. I was overtaken a lot on the first lap but I started passing a lot of people from mile 7 onwards. I walked back along part of the course on my way home and there were still people on course a good half hour after I'd finished.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    evening

Spent today being a fan at Reading where MrsG was doing her first half. She brought it home in 1.56.34 with a huge NEG split.

She is sore but happy and I am proud
  • well done to cal and to MrsG image some brilliant times there

I stayed in bed this morning in favour of an afternoon run in the sunshine, and I had to force myself to get out there but enjoyed it once I had got into a rhythm. Swimming tonight

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Official time was the same as my Garmin - 2:12.47. Last finisher was 3:17. Oof.

• Well done to the half marathoners. 100 miles on the bike done, one incredible hill otherwise pretty manageable, and the most amazing finish down to Longleat House. The sun is shining again, whoop.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all! Well done to the half marathoners!

Kate - great cycling!! That finish sounds amazing!

A lovely little run in the sun this morning. Really enjoyed getting out there with the two dogs. Very cold (-3) but it was OK once we got going.

NW: 4 herons (never seen so many before), 2 birds of prey, 3 moorhens, 2 other ducks that I cannot identify.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Lovely sunny day here but a rest day for me. My legs are sore as hell!

• A'noon

Lots to catch up on again

Busy workwise again.

Two years ago this week since I left the Civil Service, my how time flies !

Mind you I started in it, in the same week back in 1988 !!