Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Afternoon all - turbo for me this morning. Random spots from the weekend, a cucumber in the middle of the path on Saturday and a cushion in the road yesterday. Chilly start Emmy. Was it really 2 years birky?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I have broken my own rules so am on a running ban

Cycled and lifted weights this morning and will cycle and swim this evening

Evening
  • evening

blimey birky those 2 years have flown by! 

rest day for me

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Kate - a cucumber? missing from someone's picnic?

Gobi - running ban? image

I actually stopped on my run this morning. It was so beautiful, so clear, so quiet I just stopped and absorbed it in. A really beautiful run!

• Morning all - turbo and swim for me. I love those moments Emmy, when I'm out and finding it hard I remember what a privilege it is to be free to run around the countryside. They must be a very firm set of rules Gobi to be punished with no running.

• ah Emmy I love those kind of moments, specially at this time of year

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ban over - 12 miles this evening
  • Morning all - drifted off to sleep again at 4.30 this morning, so had no time for anything. 5K time trial at track last night so not feeling too guilty, run tonight and back to tri club swimming. Short ban Gobi, you clearly haven't been that naughty.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all image

Maths - it was lovely... less lovely this morning in the rain :/

Gobi - that ban didn't last longimage How was the 12 miles?

• Morning

emmy: They sure have. Couldn't go back to working in an office now.

20 mins easy.

It's snowing here this morning !

NW: Falling flakes of  Snow ! 1 owl, 1 cat, 1dog, 1 cyclist, 1 Kingsmill Van. PW: 1 car

Really busy at work a 13 hour shift today.

Catch up eventually

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all image

Birky - I can imagine! SNOW?! Its March!

A rest day for me as the side of my calf is feeling slightly twingy... They don't call this the nervous nineties for nothing :/

NW on dog walk: other dogs, birds

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

My calves are constantly tight and grouchy - nothing I seem to do makes much difference. I'd suggest getting a sports massage if you're not happy with it.

Still resting up post-half marathon. Did yoga on Tuesday, had a bit of a walk yesterday but no walk today due to heavy rain.

Tomorrow is the start of the school holidays (I'm at a private school so we get longer than the state schools) so I'm kicking off with some weight training and a spin class. First run will be Sunday. I figure a week's break is sufficient. image

No SOCs needed during the holidays, although I still like to get my runs out of the way in the morning.

• Morning all - it always snows in March! What did the dogs think of the rest day Emmy? Forcing myself to cut back to 5 days running a week as the biking increases, so happily took this morning on the turbo as it was chucking it down, 30 mins of weights too, I will be sore tomorrow as it's been a while.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Cal - I'm struggling at the moment to find a good sports massage therapist. It's a fine balancing act.

Kate - They love it. The girl is doing one day walk/one day run so it's not too much different for her. They love being able to sniff around! It's more me and their their energy levels that seem to be running a little differently today!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    It was long enough to stop a streak E mmy - rules are 5 days then rest and I did 7 days !!!!!!!!! Run was just fine.

I have basically trained indoors this week as March seems to think it is Feb.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I don't know where you're based, Emmy, but mine is brilliant if you're in London.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Holland Cal image But i'm over in Kent quite a bit.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Chased some more walls on the Watt bike this evening

Burning
  • Morning you lot

Cold, but dry and no snow here todayimage

20 mins Steady

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 2 cats, 2 robin red breasts. Oh and 1 cyclist

Off to work soon

Back later

• Morning - 6 miles and a short swim, late work thing last night so getting through another busy day on 4 hour's sleep. What an amazing morning, chilly but beautiful blue skies. 2 OR NW 2 cats, 2 deer and a squirrel. I'm definitely ready for the weekend.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Another morning chasing walls, next week I need to get back outside no matter what:. Even the other people training where not that much fun to watch.

How are those hills E mmy ? I know when i spent time in Holland I started seeing bridges as hill work.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Windy day here but got up late so managed a tempo 6k before work.

Gobi - Hellish....! It was nearly 3000FT of elevation every day and I did it twice. I worked it out on my garmin and the profile is below.

You're right that a motorway bridge for me is hill work! image

/members/images/334358/Gallery/ranscombe_2_1.jpg

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hahahahahha

Got to the gym today and discovered as I went to shower that I had left my towel in the hotel !!!!!

Arse
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Ah Emmy, I can't help you then. I have a friend in Weert but he's not into fitness of any kind so I doubt he knows a masseur.

First trip back to the gym since the half and I wasn't feeling it. Did a few squats and then a spin class. A cold is trying to enter my system so I feel tired, although I don't think this one will win. I've had too many colds already this year - my immune system should have enough ammo to deal with it.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Cal - I really hope that's the case and you don't get ill. I'm currently in the same position as my entire office is a contagion at the moment image

• evening all

not much for me this week at all, yesterday I was headachy and felt like I was coming down with a lurgy again, but it seems to have gone away, Interviews at work today and I got promoted to second in department image really happy about it - I seem to have finally found a decent place to work where my efforts and skills are appreciated

• Morning you lot

Another 20 mins steady, this time in the rain

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 2 robin red breasts

Off to work soon, another 11 hour callling

Clocks go Forward this evening. Don't forget...

• morning

lots of swimming for me so far today

• Afternoon - 16 miles with 4 at MP, 17 dogs, 4 rabbits and 6 squirrels. 5 OR. Then a 2K swim. Another long bike tomorrow so am indulging in some sitting down at the hairdresser this afternoon.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I'm not too bad today, Emmy, thanks for asking. Just weights (upper body) and yoga today. Legs are sore from squats yesterday. Hopefully they'll be OK tomorrow.