Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• It's dark out there again. Sportive beckons this morning congrats on the promotion MC.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

It certainly is - although tonight will be nice and light. image

Awful drizzly run this morning. I wasn't sure how far or how fast I would go but turned out to be short and slow (3.6 miles, over 38 minutes). I felt fine to start with but that only lasted for the first mile. I guess I need longer than a week to recover fully.

Yoga in an hour. Sports massage tomorrow.

• Morning you lot

Off out with Geordie then off to work. Only a 7hr shift todayimage

Day off tomorrow.

Back later

• Morning all - turbo trainer and weights for me today, run and swim tonight. Another long bike ticked off yesterday, 90 miles and 7000 ft of climbing, managed to get up the two hills I'd been worrying about all week so feeling pleased. It was chucking it down though, a day for getting damp Cal. Have a well deserved day off birky, sun is rising now and looks like it's going to be a spectacular one.

• Morning Kate

Right off to work

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

A blustry weekend in Dover for me. It felt like the four horsemen would appear at any moment yesterday as we had rain and huge gusts of wind L/

Birky - Enjoy the 7hr shift! image How is Geordie getting on?

Short recovery run for me today. Felt tired and struggled quite a bit!

• emmy - well done at the weekend, I am not surprised you are tired!

NOC run for me today and off to the gym later while youngest is doing squash

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Weights, spin, massage and yoga for me today. Feel tired now.

• Exactly, two marathons in a weekend and you're surprised you're a bit tired? Loon.

• Morning you lot

Had a long lie today !imageimage

Back later

• morning

nothing yet for me, had to wait for the gas man to come and sort and service the boiler, and now just don't feel like doing anything. Going to get jobs done and appointments made to get kids hair cut etc etc - all the boring things

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maths/ Kate - To be honest with how my condition is now if I run 4.30/4.35 i'm normally "ok" the following day. A little tired but nothing too drastic. I know that I had put in a good effort when I felt like I had been run over by a bus.

This morning's run was quite eventful... I got hit on the head by a falling branch :/ Hurt like hell and gave the dogs a shock. Luckily there doesn't appear to be any major damage (just a bump).

NW: I'm going to rave about my NW this morning. I normally don't see a lot of birds close up thanks to tweedle dum and tweedle dee who try to chase them but this morning I was less than 5 metres away from the beautiful bird. It had the same colouring as a kestrel but a lot bigger and we just stood staring at each other for a few seconds and it flew off. Utterly amazing!

• wow emmy good nature watch! Hope your head is ok! 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning from the wall chasing department. Sick of rain now. So much so I blogged.

Did go out on Sunday on the MTB, got wet but 5 of us had a laugh

Careful E mmy
  • Evening

There's been snow showers here today on and off. Not stayed though !!

Right catch up time.

• Turbo and weights again this morning , track tonight. Half of it very fast, half very slow, the wind had a major factor on running around in ovals tonight. Well deserved lie in birky, and nice NW Emmy. Work a bit crazy at the moment, looking forward to a long weekend.

• Morning you lot

Just off out with Geordie

Back later

• morning

off for a long swim once I have dropped the kids at school

hoping to get out for a run later too - the wind has dropped a bit image

• Morning maths

emmy: Geordie is doing fine thanks. Miss B says he is 4 now !image She remembered the exact date he was born !

• Morning - more turbo and core. Taking the kids to school MC, bit cruel in the holidays?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all image Wind has dropped here too and my legs are feeling better.

Maths - have a great run and swim image One more and you've got a tri!

Kate - sorry to hear that work is full on. I can imagine that the track was quite testing! I could see a real difference:

1km in headwind: 5.47 per KM
    1km with backwind: 5.06 per KM!

• In which case I was probably on world record pace without the wind.

• yep, my kids have a different Easter holiday to me this year image means I am having to get up early and get them sorted and dropped off, then having to pick up as well really eats into the day! 4K swim and didn't get crampy so pleased with that image 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    78 hrs of training last month and I swam a little

Too much indoor training for my liking mind

Off to Scotland for Easter
  • morning

have fun in Scotland Gobi - whereabouts are you going?

no soc for me today, dropping the kids off then going shopping. First stop is the tri shop other side of Nottingham for some goggles then I may go into Nottingham and browse a bit. I always get fed up pretty quickly with shopping though image

swimming tonight

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Gobi - have a great time in Scotland. Same question as Maths image

Maths - how did your run go yesterday?

SOC for me and despite almost getting run over it went well and uneventful. Had a verbal slagging match with a driver who wouldn't slow down on a pedestrian crossing image A complete Bar steward.

NW: I saw the bird again! This time on the floor in front of me. Amazing! Although pooch #2 decided to take an attempt at catching it image

• Morning you lot

Cold and frosty one here

30mins steady. NW: 1 owl, 1 cat, 3 dogs, 2 robin red breasts

Off work today. Back in tomorrow - Monday.

Coffee and catch up time

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Falkirk/central region and fife.

swam today. Hate it
  • Gobi: Enjoy Falkirk area.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Could it be a red kite, Emmy?

Still tired  - sleep has been all over the place and I had a pretty hard day yesterday (deadlifts, a really tough spin class and then Bikram yoga) plus shark week is imminent and I always feel tired and unmotivated in the run up to that. Slow jog up to Tooting Common and did 8 x hill sprints up the railway bridge (Emmy hills!). Garmin decided to freak out by cutting a massive corner off the start of the run so, although it said 3 miles, it was a bit more than that.

My calves and achilles behaved. Yoga later.