Options

Sub 3.30 Tim: #asics262

Comments

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Evening, I saw some photos earlier on facebook from some friends who are in Paris for the race, really getting excited now.

RR that made me laugh about your date, I remember going to a friend's house for  a meal the week before a  marathon and his wife was absolutely full of cold, I couldn't believe it. Luckily - well she is a nurse so I guess she practised good hand hygeine - we didn't catch anything but I couldn't believe she hadn't rung to cancel.

cracking club run tonight, a jog to the river then two fast miles, then back via the other bank and a good hill at the end.  looks like my garmin got a bit confused though, it's given me a mile at 6:27 pace, plus a third of a mile at 3:58 pace, yeah right! Whatever, a great run at this stage of the campaign, following the principle of replacing volume with intensity.

• Options
    Slowkoala wrote (see)
    Ignore Malcs and listen to Sam!

PS - the French blurb just said good luck, run as fast as possible when you reach mile 25, stay strong and smile image

imageimage

Nice running Puffsta  Hope you had some good tick after!! 

• Options

Soups, thank you for a thoroughly entertaining and irreverent thread over the last 16 weeks. Both interesting and informative . I have learnt so much about training, diet (Puffsta) and running kit (souper socks and underwear on the outside). You will be talking about this weekend for years to come. Best of luck and run like the wind.

Good luck to everyone running over the next few weekends. I have had a colourful training block and have decided on the old goal A&B&C approach.

I shall be following the forum on the weekend like a hawk.

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

x post Tim, timetable looks good. It is pretty nailed on all that remains is to enjoy it image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

lol - I'm with Slowkoala on the race strategy Tim! image

Love your timetable. I didn't think champagne gave you a hangover though - you won't need the neurofen! image

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Tim it was Chilli, I ate the bit that Mrs P had reserved for my post run lunch on saturday too I'm afraid. Plus a couple of post training pre taper beers and a glass of red. 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Puffsta wrote (see)

Tim it was Chilli, I ate the bit that Mrs P had reserved for my post run lunch on saturday too I'm afraid. Plus a couple of post training pre taper beers and a glass of red. 

Hans C - I hope you're writing all this downimage

lol - Mr P, you should write a book! image

• Options
    Allez-y l'homme superbe!

Super are you kidding? Ironically [in my view] it was me who was unfollowed, blocked, andunfriended on a variety of platforms by the time I got home.

SK - yep the tonsils have been checked more than once.

I'm actually watching the 2013 VLM before work here, having a rare rest day [i.e. total rest apart from physios] as have a parkrun tomorrow and the crucial 10 mile pace-determining progression run on Sunday.

Will be watching you guys on tele of course!

If anyone has the time, inclination, and aptitude, I'd love a summary of the Paris race numbers to follow on the day!
  • Options

And it is the approach to bugs a week before a race that is the chasm that divides runners from non-runners. 9 days to go and Mrs Hans and Mini-me both have colds. They seem to think a boiler suit and gas mask is OTT. Imagine that?

Malcs: the Puffsta food bible: eat anything Soups can't! Tick!

Out of respect to our superhero I am just about to have lightly grilled camembert on rye bread with a small dollop of jam. Tonight French red is on the table. I know, big of me! Parkrun tomorrow will be awesome.

• Options

Have an awesome weekend Superman! You have had such an amazing journey - both ups and downs and I really hope that your marathon is all that you could hope for.

Enjoy every last second and then tell us all about it!

Bon Chance!

• Options

Loving the timetable Superman, especially the after marathon plan! 

reikirabbit wrote (see)

Running Andy - could this be your posterior tibial tendon? That's one of my perennials since the exacting Pickering and the Moors 10K of 2009 [a lumpy quagmire surrounded by steep hills], I'd get it checked out. 

Having goolged that, it could well be! it's about the right part of the foot, maybe I irritated it... my bloody feet, I have bad plantar and lateral plantar on my right foot, all I need is my left foot to join the pain party... 

Anyway, seems I'm OK now, did a progressive 5 miles last night with no adverse effects

• Options
    sensesense ✭✭✭
    SupermanRuns wrote (see)
    If you get a chance, pop your race number down on here so peeps can track you! 

21162. yikes

• Options
    Yey The Running Andy!
  • Options
    Wow, the time really has come! Wishing you tons & tons of luck Superman, stick to your pacing plan and sub3:30 will be yours tomorrow. You've done the hard work, now go reap the benefits... BON CHANCE!!!!! image
  • Options
    All those running Paris & Brighton have a great race and don't be shitimage
  • Options

Sorry to take the subject away from running!!!  But COME ON OXFORD!!! image 

• Options
    Good point away from home for Oxford. Lol????

Big race start in Paris tomorrow.A lot of training,dedicated miles on the road.He has tackled it before and come close.His super efforts have pleased us all. Go Bradley Wiggins in you last ride for sky at Paris Roubaix.

To our Superman best of luck and to all racing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Tim, this thread has been a credit to you and your determination, dedication, humour and being such a good bloke all round.

Now is the time to reap the rewards of all the effort and hard work.

Enjoy your day and smash that time!

Bon chance.

BK
  • Options
    I do think that the sub 3:30 thread has a reputation for stand up to uphold, but tomorrow it/'s all about the pace.

Enjoy it Super!
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Tim - as Malcs says, don't be shit!  

What a journey you've had but tomorrow is not the end, just a milestone. Admittedly, quite an important milestone though..image.  I really it all goes to plan for you, and you and your team (Sam, Ruth etc) are celebrating tomorrow night. 

We'll all be thinking of you.  Run strong. xxx 

• Options
    Just wanted to nip on and say all the very best Tim, I've really enjoyed the thread over the months and would love to see u rewarded with a big PB and that 3.30.

Will try and check in and see how you've got on, managed a couple of runs over here in Tenerife, firstly a v tough 4 miler outdoors, heat was hard, hills were ridiculous. Resorted to treadmill in gym for a reasonable 13 miles at more or less MP. Was chuffed as I really don't get on with the treadmill normally.

All the best to anyone else running Paris or Brighton tomorrow image
  • Options

GOOD LUCK IN PARIS AND BRIGHTON TODAY!!!! image

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Hear hear!  Just watching on Eurosport, can't see our hero yet.

• Options
    Neitehr can I, nor can I get the tracking to work.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
  • Options

Bit disappointing that eurosport cut the coverage straight after the elite finishers! I've only been able to track Karen Murdoch so far as well. She's on target for sub 3.30.

There's a picture of Tim on twitter going through 9k and looking very relaxed. He's going to crush this race! 

• Options
    ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

He's through halfway in 1.43.06 - yay. Keep going, Tim.

• Options
    Have finally managed to see the results, so slow to update, and they are indeed a thing of beauty image
  • Options

Great run Soups! Massive congratulations, never in doubt. Looking forward to the report! 

• Options

Yay Soups and Sense!