Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - Well done on the win!

I've come down with 'something'. I'm not sure what it is but I've got a headache and my eyes ache. I thought initially it was hayfever but it appears not to be. A hard run this morning image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Drove back to work and into fog so an hour indoors chasing walls again

3kms running at lunchtime in glorious sunshine

Funny old world

E mmy - don't be a hero
  • Beautiful weather all day, and track session almost all in the light. Look after yourself Emmy, the 100 is close.

• Emmy - take care

lovely weather here, sat with the kids in the sunshine eating ice cream image well, we had been swimming...

• Good morning all

1.5 miles this morning  quite warm out this morning.

Gobi, Well done on the win.

Kate, Already looking ahead to next year as I have had to cancel 3 ultras and a marthon this year.

Maths I am back to step one and a half.

Birky, Narrow indeed couldn't get tickets (so far my Nephew and I have only missed a hand full of games in all competitions)  so Mrs V had to put up with my armchair management . Good win for Gers  a pity about the dip after McCoist left.

• Morning

Miss B has a new paper round at SOCimage

Cold and frosty one today here so far

Off to work soon

Easy session

valis: Yeah good wins for both. Hopefully Gers financially are at last sorted. A couple of good wins seems to have given them confidence again.

Back later

• Morning all - bike, core and swim, another beautiful day but cold start. Will see whether I can be sensible enough not to run later. SOC runs in the family then birky.

• morning

another beautiful day here 

totally failed in my plan to get up early and get the kids out on the bikes - we needed to go early because my mum is taking them to the theatre later

I am tired and achy - did a 3k swim and then first time with the running club in almost a year yesterday! That was tough

One of the guys at the club has just done 24 marathons in 17 days - won 23 of them! and at the weekend is off to run John O'Groats to Lands End. Bloody amazing

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Was outside today just after 0520 image

2hr bike ride , still cold but getting lighter
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hiya all,

Maths - that sounds a tough distance! How did you get on. Are you in the same club as Adam Holland? That's the only guy that I know that's done that recently!

Gobi - impressive standards!

We had a lot of fog here this morning. I went out (when I know I shouldn't have) and will not be a martyr tomorrow morning.... Paris is now looking like a non PB attempt image

• emmy - yes, I haven't been to the club for a while but have been following Adam via the club's facebook page. Get yourself better and enjoy for Paris! Is it this weekend?

• Good morning all

1.5 miles done and  rest day tomorrow as this running stuff does tire one out.image 

• Morning you lot

Morning valis

Easy session. Dry, bit misty here. Okay though

Waken MIss B up now 

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 1 cat, 1Kingsmill Van

Coffee time too

• morning all

4 miles this morning, it is still a bit cold in the mornings but looks like we are going to have another beautiful day. I am trying to cut out the walk breaks so my legs are feeling a bit tired

1 OR 2 dog walkers

going to a spinning class while youngest is doing a water sports activity at the leisure centre, and swimming tonight

• Blooming disappearing post. 6 miles, 2 OR, one with a very reluctant dog.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Beautiful weather this week, but due to the butt/ham thing I haven't done any running. Monday was spin and yoga (yoga was better than on Sunday and spin was tolerable), Tuesday just yoga, Wednesday spin and yoga plus some upper body weights and today was squats and yoga (squats and kettlebell swings were OK).

Saw my physio today - he's a runner too. He seemed to think there wasn't a major problem - just the fact my glutes are lazy and so my hams and calves are doing more work than they need to. He didn't think they had fully recovered from my half when I decided to do those sprints and therefore, trouble. He thinks I should be OK to do a short run tomorrow and then see how that goes. Fingers crossed (and lots of glute work. Again.)

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Evening

Out at 0530 today for a run

Home at 2130 after a 2.5hr bike ride

Lovely weather isn't it image
  • Morning you lot

Steady session done. Misty and dry here today

NW: 1 owl, 1 black and white cat, 1 dog, 1 cyclist, 1 Kingsmill Van

Coffee time next . A longer shift today working 8am till 9.30pm

Yeah Miss B is the other 'socer' in the family

Catch up now

• Cracking sunrise here.

MissB is out with her papers.image

Off to work in 15 minutes.

• What am I doing wrong? I type an essay and it disappears!

• morning

another beautiful day here, but I took advantage of it being the last time I could have a lie-in, shame the kids were arguing loudly!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    sad indeed Maths

3 big training days saw me head indoor and not train until 7am to ensure I had some rest and took it easy

Brighton marathon on Sunday and I have a young lady I coach looking for a fast time so as the weather looks promising heading down for the day.

Enjoy
  • good luck on Sunday Gobi. PSC - are you doing it too?

I was hoping the kids would want me to take them out on their bikes, but they don't so I am having to do housework instead image

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Can't you make them? It's a lovely day!

I managed a 3.7 mile run. Ham and glute were achey but not as bad as Sunday. Still, quite concerned. Got a follow-up appointment with my physio on Thursday.

Also, 45 minute spin class. I'm just getting all my spins in while I'm still on Easter hols as I can only do one a week during term time.

• I know Cal! They went out to the park for a bit and youngest has a friend coming round now so we didn't have much time anyway

• Good morning all

2 miles this morning  and it looks like its going to rain  soon .

Today is bottling and brewing  got a vanilla porter and a summer ale to bottle and I'm going to have a go at making Timothy Taylors Landlord.

Kate, Delete is just a few millimeters from  enter on the keyboard image 

• morning all

chucking it down here

spinning and swimming for me this morning

some interesting brews going on there valis!

• Morning

Sun is out here now. Pouring earlier.

Catch up soon

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Good weights session in the gym and then yoga for me today. Have some ankle pain but think it's more of a DOMS-type thing than anything serious. Still sore in the hamstring and glute. Ugh.

• Bike complete with impossible to change puncture in the rain yesterday, then 12 sunny miles of trail running. NW dogs and magpies. Valis, how's the head this morning after the home brew? More biking, running and swimming today.