Scottish Runners

Comments

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Anyone on here doing the Lochleven half in May??
  • Yes I'm doing Lochleven half too. Not done it before, but its supposed to be good. I'm using it as a preparation race for Strathearn marathon.

Hope FFB has fun in the cold, we know she likes it really image!

Good running Elspeth, nice places to run.

Back into training with a nice 10miler today around Pollok Park and into Bellahouston, a few people out cycling and dog walking, but compared to being in Italy Scotland is really quiet image...even including crossing the M77 image!! Its so nice being home in the wide open spaces of the parks and not looking over your shoulder every five minutes because some guy is about to mug you.

I hope the person who unzipped my back trouser pocket coming out of Ercolano station enjoyed finding the used wet-wipe I had in there imageimageimage!

So cat saga image. My puss was with his usual sitters, they had him all of one day, then they had people in making loads of noise and he got a fright and ran outside. They didn't notice him missing until the next morning image and couldn't find him. They put up notices and a few neighbours said they thought they might have seen him. So I got home after two flights (went via Gatwick), knackered, literally put the bags down then went over to look for my puss who by that point had been out missing for 8 days imageimage! looked all around the back alleys then decided to go down to a close where someone thought they had seen him a few days ago, got let into the back court and called him a few times and back came this 'Meeeeoooow', louder and louder, it was my cat image!! He jumped up onto a bin store roof and I had to climb onto the bins to get him into his cat box. Took him to the vet to have 5 ticks removed and he has lost a bit of weight, but otherwise okay image. So, that's them sacked from cat sitting!!!

• Morning All. I'm new to runners world and found this thread. Based in Scottish Borders (near Melrose) mix my running with biking and swimming. Anyone in my neck of the woods and fancies meeting up just yell (I work away Monday to Thursday) so around most weekends. Doing Scottish Chaps Tri 24th May and Edinburgh Half Marathon 31st May. Cheers FWP

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    I'm same Tigerspaw,doing it for first time too,looking forward to it.

I was up at Lochleven this afternoon with the kids,warm but windy.

Some cracking views as run round it Im sure..
  • Welcome subsea

Right off to work

Catch up later

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Welcome subsea!

A very hard 6.3 miles today,out and back from lochgelly along a narrow country road to the tiny village of auchtertool.

A horrible hilly road that really hammers your stamina,despite it not being a great distance.

Horrible climbs then steep descents that aren't even a relief as you know got to climb them on way back.

Do it every so often as its a great run for building stamina in your legs.
  • Afternoon all

Welcome to all the new folks joined over the last week or so.

I had quite a tough run today too, but not as hilly as yours Deasy.

Think the travelling is finally catching up with me, really heavy legs today, plodded out a very slow 8miles with a big hill at the end.

Anyone else coming to Balfron 10k on 26th? Usually a good one image.

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Least you got out and did it Tigerspaw,it's the runs where you've got to dig it out that benefit the most,sense of achievement better than when you feel good and they fly by.

Nice we are starting to get better weather too,ditching all the layers feels good.
  • Morning

Easy session done.

Catch up over coffee

• First run lat night since last Thursday, many easter eggs and bad (but tasty) food later. Tough but sort hill session went better than than expected. A longer but easier run this afternoon, love being on hols.
  • A mid effort nine and a half in an hour and fourteen. Felt slow but fairly quick and included a terrible stitch about six and a half in. It also marks the the first vested run of the year.
  • DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Easy 8.8 miles,then series of squats,lunges,pressups,hip and core exercises after.

Off to enjoy the rest of this nice day now.
  • Morning

Cracking sunrise here.

Off to work in  15 minutes.

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Horrible weather there doing 400m intervals on my local red ash track.

Warmish when jogging down to park then got hammered with wind and a bit of snow while running.

Was glad to get them done and home for hot shower before the celtic game,not moving rest of day!
  • Morning

Drizzly rain here today so far.

Rest Day but been out with Geordie.

All the best to anybody racing today.

• Horizontal hail half an hour ago.

Bright sun just now but still cool. Hope it lasts until noon (kirkwall 10k at 11)

a huge congratulations to FFB image

• I was glad the weather was better up here as I was at the Celtic game Deasy. Cold wind though. Managed an Inverness parkrun PB earlier, despite the breeze.

Got back to proper ultra training last week with 80 miles over 3 days on the Moray Way (a group of friends were doing some or all of the 95 miles over the 4 day holiday but I had the excuse of working Monday). The calf muscles that have been protesting fast road running for weeks suddenly felt so much better after lots of long, slow miles on mainly soft surfaces.

Glad your cat survived the adventure TP! 

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    The game was worse than the weather!

Good stuff on the parkrun PB though mate..

13.4 miles for me this morning,8:37 avg,was frozen through by time got home.
  • Weather didn't last until noon
    Wind 30-40kts with hail for first 1.5 miles round track
    (but NOTHING to FFB's achievements ... and I still have intact earlobes!)

• A'noon

Early shift at work today 6am-1pm

Walked Geordie before I went though.

Right now to catch up

• Ouch to the early shift BM!

Spent Saturday dodging the hail / sleet / rain at the allotment, mostly planting things indoors, Sunday turned out quite nice in the afternoon so got loads of digging and building done. By the time I got home, quite late, I thought I had better not sit down until I got my tea on, otherwise I would probably totally seize up and not get up again image!! I am looking forward to the summer when I can get my BBQ stove on and sit out on the plot after a days work image.

Surprisingly did a decent 8m today and legs didn't feel too knackered or stiff. Need to build some more long runs now...

• 11 yesterday and a 5.5 this morning as I have 7s tonight. Feels good to be back in after over indulging at easter

• A'noon

TP: Yeah sometimes it happens. Tomorrow is another early start.

Younger son and 2 of his mates are climbing The Cobbler today

Coffee and catch up time

Back later

• I'm all 'thrown out' as regards the Easter holidays, are the kids back at school yet? I keep seeing loads of people in Pollok Park, and last night my upstairs neighbours (one is a trainee teacher) had a party...on a Monday night image, luckily didn't go on too long...feel like I'm in some kind of time warp since I came back from Italy image.

7 miles today and then had a big load of work delivered, that will keep me out of trouble image.

Read a lovely story about the SDW50 this weekend just gone - the first place lady (7hrs and something) left behind her trophy for the last place lady (fought to the very last minute to come 9secs inside the 13hr cut-off) as she said it was more deserving to go to someone who had spent longest on the course. Just when I thought ultra running was in danger of getting all w*nky and up itself someone comes along and shows you there is still true sportsmanship and some unselfish people out there image.

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Just in from 6.5 miles,windy out there!

Hope everyone has had a good one!
  • Morning

Been out for a 30 mins easy session.

Dry, cold, no wind. Okay session.

Off soon to work a 12 hour shift

Catch up later

• TP: No schools don't go back until next week.

• DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    Steady ten miles there,lovely day for it,quite hot and glad I took on plenty fluids today!

Hope everyone has/had a good run!
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I am just about to go and run on the beach in Chariots of Fire style. Deasy, you should enter the Norman's Law hill race on Sat - looks like it will be nice weather and Fife AC have the best post-race cake.

• A very stiff five and a half, might be getting to old for football and running. Cup quarter final at the weekend so easy tomorrow