Morning

Todays lyrics:'Each day I live, I want to be.'

Yesterdays lyrics: Heaven 17 and 'Temptation'

Off out for a 30 mins easy session

Back later

Comments

• Morning again

Okay session. Cold, dry, no windimage

Miss B is just away out doing her morning paper round.

Back later

• Morning.

I had a paper round image

What:             something easy
    Why:              trying to stay sane in the taper
    Last hard:      as above
    Last rest:       13/4

Lyrics - not today.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: group run later

why: Thursday 

last rest: Tuesday

last hard: Monday 

lyrics no

looks like I'll be missising best weekend in Orkney this year weather wise (heading down to Manchester)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

What: 5k d&d. Gently out, faster back

Why: habit

How long will you be in HM for, OH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Old Trafford for CPD Saturday (so will miss PRs) then staying with Dad until plane late Monday afternoon. Will bring running kit down but likely to be unpredictable.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Suspect I will only about on Monday morning OH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hi
    What - easy running if anything, coaching the little people.
    Why - hard double yesterday: 5 tempo at lunchtime in the sunshine, and ventured to the track last night (uber-muggy). 3 mile w/u (first two on grass) then 2x2k @ 4min/k pace with 800 between, mile c/d. Legs had very little in them, but training them to move when knackered.
    last rest - Today will be easy
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not sure

• Sunshine and warmth? Hope it comes this way soon!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Lovely warm sunshine here too - an absolute pleasure to be out running in it.

Did a session with a difference today - I am really enjoying using Strava and have set up many segments in the local area.  I wanted to do reps today but fancied a wee change so had a look through my segments and identified 5 that I wanted to go to the top of the leaderboard on (being quite a quiet area, there are only between 40 and 60 people on each segment).  This was kind of like fartlek rather than a rep session.  First  3 were half a mile or more and then a nice short 0.21, finishing with a final 0.7 mile. I returned to find I topped the leaderboard on all 5 segments, so job done!  I'll do the session again in the future to see how it compares - great fun!  About 7.1 miles altogether.

lyrics, nope.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yesterday it was a sunny 30 in Bilbao...when I ran this morning it was 21...but not stopped raining since and now 16! Good job there are plenty of museums and art galleries!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

I am in need of coffee!!

Donaldo they have been talking about Strava at work, is it good?

have a nice cultured day alehouse

lmh, chingford  has quite an old paper boy,well about 40 not old but for a paper boy it is!

what: think I'll do a pottering jog around to see both granddaughters later

why: its a nice way to get a bit of running in and a massive bonus to boot!

last hard: yesterday morning

last rest tuesday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Wabo, it's really good, yes, if you pay the £40 for premium.  I still think Garmin Connect gives you more useful info and it's free but Strava has all those extras to it, like the ability to compare your performance with all of those around you and league tables for every segment you create etc.  I'll be paying for premium again in a years time!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That strava workout sounds good, Don image

Nice to top the leaderboard

I rather keep a low profile though. As a girl running in the dark most times of be ready to stalk image

What: 8.5 miles with 4 x1 mile fast (7:03, 7:01, 7:03, 6:56)

Why: leg speed image

Last hard: the final rep

Last rest: 1/4

Lyrics: no
  • 8 miles done but 4 days of little or nothing coming up

• What: Track  
    Why: leg speed image 
    Last hard: the final rep 
    Last rest: 14/4
    Lyrics: no