Mums Running Club

Comments

• I posted a waffle-a-thon which was rather depressing and probably not really right for this open forum so I tried to delete, but I had to leave something in - hence the 'and' but I guess hoggle read what I posted before I removed!!!

What I started off with was that I am so glad Caro had a fab time at the workshops. Sounds really positive and great to meet others, I remember the girl on Look Good Naked, I always used to love watching that programme - many may mock, but it was so so sad to see so many woman who hated looking at their bodies and then crying when he had them in front of the mirror, and how they transformed themselves. I hope you find that place of acceptance too Caro.

Yes, quote no. 1 especially resonates at the moment. Life incredibly difficult and stressful. Clearly for much I bear responsibility because I am driving this, it's what i want, and when you are as far down the line into our lives as most of us are, it's incredibly difficult to change that direction, particularly when the other party is not of the same view!! So the process is bl00dy awful tbh, and new levels have been reached in this household and I'm not quite sure how to turn, but somehow I must because i feel so strongly it's what I need to do, but it's so dam hard ... and elements of emotional blackmail are creeping in now too regarding the kids (custody stuff), striking me to the core, I feel sick and I'm so darn tired of it all.  I can't believe I said that this year I wanted to cry l less tears, I am going to be in need of Noah's ark at this rate!!! Yesterday I ran 25 miles and went through so many different emotions - the poor sheep up on the hill got sworn at!!!!

but, beautiful weather again here at the mo - yesterday i was able to run in proper sunny weather kit image and today clear blue skies and sunshine.  orienteering training in the forest for me and the kids, then back home to lunch outside image then the kids just down the track appeared along with  my other friends kids - I laughed as I went inside to get a drink and when I re-emerged there were six kids on the trampoline!! image  Then one more pitched up - Js friend for a sleepover ... but the others left shortly after!!!  S away on brownie sleepover tonight - very excited children all round image

Bugger to the foot CM - I think that's why I've got buggered knees - OTT training, hard though when making use of the time available. I ran my long run too fast - 3:58 was far too fast for a 25 mile long SLOW run!!

Hurrah to wonderful sisters - mine is an absolute superstar, as are my parents, who allow me to feel OK about what is going on, otherwise I actually think I'd lose it a little!! and CM has been an absolute super-star too. So despite all my gripes i am one lucky lady image

• Hugs to you cc. I'm so sorry you're so far down such a sad road but am glad you have such a supportive family (and CM!). 

• (()) cc. Vent anytime tho appreciate you may prefer not to do so in public. You have all of our support. Xx 

• CC - am avoiding texting or messaging you on FB because not sure how sensible it is. But let me know if I can. I'm worried about you - as we all are. The custody stuff is worrying. Not sure what is going on there. Hope I can talk to you about it at some point xxx

Icing foot. Yawn.
  • Yes hugs from me too CC - hope you can resolve things amicably although am sure it must be very worrying on both sides regarding the future which might be why horrible things are being said.  xx

Have entered a 10k race!  Not sure when the last time I raced was!  Eek!

• Kinsey did you get results back from doctor yet?

• Am going to the breast clinic next Thurs TT, thanks for asking!  The test just showed that the expressed fluid wasn't infected which I was fairly sure of anyway.

Doc not worried but agreed to double check it.

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

CC - thinking of you.  Sounds like a sh*t  situation. If you are sure this is the right thing to do (sounds like you are) then stick to your guns, no matter how hard this is.  You are an amazing lady xx

CM - thinking of your foot.

Kinsey - when if your race?

My legs are feeling pretty good one week on from the marathon.  I am glad I have this half ironman looking otherwise i might be tempted to use my friends London place and i know this would not be a good idea!  I am still tootling around on my bike and totally in denial about how tough or far 56 miles really is!  I guess it would help if i worked out how to use my speedo. I could do that right now but i am on here instead.

• Glad it seems nothing to worry about Kinsey. Will be nice to have your mind put at rest though. 

Caro glad your conference went well. Sounds as though you are meeting some amazing people on this journey you are on. I forget now, are you waiting for results or did you not have tests yet?

CC been thinking about you a lot this weekend. Hope you are ok (())

CM hope your foot improving. Gah!

Hoggle loved your zoo pictures and F is absolutely adorable. 

Nuro, your positive posts this last week have really made me smile. I really hope you two can come through this. Hope you've had fun with your friend. 

• T Tid I am going to the gynae consultant tomorrow.  I got the bloods back and they were within normal levels - but it's not a conclusive test so it doesn't mean a great deal on its own.

Kinsey - if your hosp is anything like mine, bring a good book........hope all is well.

• I was trying to fit my appointment in around B being at play school but I am wondering whether to just take him with me Caro and not have to stress about picking him up?  My appointment  is in Hereford which is at least 30 mins from play school/home.  They have said to allow most of the morning for the appointment...

The race is in Hereford - v flat route apparently!

• Hope the clinic goes well Kinsey - will be thinking of you. Good to get these things double checked. Seems like you're in fine form for your race - great that it's flat! When/how far is it?

Oh CC, such a tough place to be in image Please do vent on here and I'm always here if you need to talk (that goes for everyone on here btw). Lots of hugs! 

PG - that's a very long way on a bike! I am not a cyclist at all so I have to say I think I'd rather run it image It's always great to chat on here and I put off all sorts of things I could be doing in favour of it image

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow Caro image

How is the foot today CM? 

Thanks TTid - I hope so too. Have had another nice weekend - a good balance of doing stuff together and apart. Visit to friend yesterday was lovely - so good to see her! I really miss living in the North West though image Called into Cheshire Oaks on the way home and had retail therapy, and a meal at Nando's. Their veggie burgers are yummy! Went for an off-road run with club this morning (10 miles and hilly!), which was tough but good fun. The patio is finally finished too, and I have some lovely hanging baskets that Ben's dad bought for me. Pooped tonight now and sad that JP is back in school tomorrow image Only 5 weeks until half term though. Ben is in Boston (USA, that is, not Lincolnshire) for the week so we may plan some adventures. If anyone fancies a visit to Bogle Towers you are more than welcome! 24th May onwards image

• CC - so sorry to hear it's tough going. Thinking of you all, and hope you can resolve things to leave you both in a place you can move on from. I guess a degree of emotional blackmail is not unexpected if something's happening to you that you don't like and can't do anything about - but maybe (hopefully) with some time you can get things settled and organised in the way that's best for you all. Thank goodness you've got your family supporting and looking after you, x

Kinsey - I think taking young kids to clinics probably wouldn't be anyone's choice, but if there's no one you can call to pick him up if you're delayed, then I think you'd be better to have him with you than to end up having to leave if there are delays. If at all possible I'd try and gave someone on standby to get him though...I wouldn't want to have O stuck in a clinic waiting room with me, and bearing in mind that some people may be getting bad news/be unwell etc, it's not really an ideal environment for them. Fingers crossed it all goes ok.

Nurofen - glad you've had a good weekend. One day at a time and all that...!

PG - what half ironman is it? Good to hear you legs are ok post marathon!

Caro - When are you down at paultons park? If we're around you could pop in here for tea before heading back home...let me know if you fancy it!

Hoggle - sounds like a lovely time, and loving the pics on fb. Your baby is another real cutey!

I'm in a funny running place at the moment having felt on fire a few weeks ago. I feel like I've totally lost my mojo/motivation and have passed up several running opportunities which I should have taken. Maybe laziness getting the better of me! I've been feeling really tired and haven't been sleeping well, which never helps, but still not sure where my running energy has gone. Still, 11 days to go until the 'race', so I suppose it's not too bad a time to have a slow down! Fingers crossed I've done enough to get me round, and no injuries currently so should at least make it to the start line...
  • Oh dear, i guess some difficult choices and testing times for some of you. Good luck with health appts and juggling work, childcare, travelling, school runs etc.

kinsey - there is a new event on the Royal welsh showground in Builth on May17th. Choice of distances and 2 kids races (one short and one 3k) but best of all is you get free entry to the spring fair which has an athletics event area which you can try pentathlon and then the usual stalls etc. Think i may do the half mara? 

Wedding yesterday was 'interesting', groom was drunk and in bed at 10pm. I stayed sober and did a very hilly race earlier, had doughnuts at the finish! Yum!

• Vixo it's an inset day on a Monday, 29th June.  The plan is to stay at my dads for the wk end then go there on the way home, and hopefully it won't be too busy........she says!  You've had a lot on your mind lately so I'm not surprised you've lost your mojo a bit.  Hope you and your family are getting some answers about your dad.  

Kinsey, on my first visit to the delights of whipps x breast clinic I saw the consultant and then straight away had a mammogram and an ultrasound guided biopsy.  There is no way having a small child with me would have worked.  I know in some clinics they then have you back to see the consultant immediately to get some sort of results, so it can be a really long time.  The kids never came to anything with me, apart from the odd blood test or gp appt.  hopefully you'll only have to go once, all will be well and you'll never have to go back!

cc hope your real physically present friends are giving you all the support you need at the mo. 

• Caro - we've got an inset day that day too, and although we may be camping for the weekend we'd be back home by Monday afternoon, so we can touch base nearer the time. Appreciate you may not want to delay your journey home on a Monday evening though!
  • Kinsey - I agree basically with Caro on the point of having children at hospital appointments (we try very hard not to allow them where I work!), but I strongly suspect you'll be quickly in and out anyway, so hopefully it won't be an issue.
  • Have no fear, I have 'physical' friends who are being very stoical as sounding boards etc, along with my family, so I am not toiling along alone etc, but the cyber comments are appreciated!  And yes, given the situation, the behaviour and reactions are not unexpected. 

I hope the appt waiting isn't too tedious and long tmrw Caro, and the outcome is reassuring!!

Yay to club runs, fun weekends and hanging baskets - Nurofen image glad to hear things are looking positive image

Oh my to a drunk groom in bed by 10pm!!!  but hurrah to an early race

and also good to hear PG3s legs are feeling in good shape post-marathon ... do NOT be tempted!!

Vixo - I think sometimes our life just gets the better of us and our bodies tell us what they need. Lot going on for you at the moment and your mind is likely rather pre-occupied and sometimes it's not always possible to channel that into running and the like?

Um, Kinsey, hmmm I think I'd go for a standby option if possible and take child as a last resort, but equally agree you don't want to be stressing about waiting times. Hope it all goes OK though.

I ended up on an impromptu 67 mile bike ride this afternoon image, 5 hrs 15 ... my two girlfriends I bike with are doing a local sportive next Sunday and hauled me out this afternoon, I foolishly thought they would be taking it easy ... 67 miles and 1000m+ of climbing later ...

and then the delight of S possibly having nits ... can you imagine the joys of combing conditioner through that mop!!!! typically of course, it's the night after brownie camp when she really needed an early night ... sitting there at 9pm with a fine tooth comb ... off to get some vile chemical stuff tmrw in case the conditioner didn't blitz them, not entirely sure they are there but definitely possible ... and now I feel all itchy thinking about them!!!

• Lovely weekend, as you can tell from the photos on FB the zoo was awesome. We were there for 4 hours and had to leave only because of exhaustion!highlight was watching surgery on a yellow eyes penguin - the operating theatre is glass sided and the vets talk while they work, you can even ask questions. Matilda was captivated!

Sad to say goodbye to SIL but as her partner won the individual race he's planning to come back when it runs again in 2 years.

Lots of positive healthy vibes winging their way to Caro and Kinsey. Hope you're not kept waiting and get the reassurance you need.

Child calling best go sort!
  • hope today goes ok caro - and kinsey too x

• Thanks for the tips - will ask my friend to be on standby, am hoping it will be just a brief consult and then possibly a mammogram if they decide its necessary.  Catch 22 as I don't want to stimulate my nipples to see if I am still lactating and still have weird discharge as that will only encourage the milk!!

Am doing the Hereford St Michael's Hospice 10k on the 10th May - not going my fastest but I suppose it will be a post children pb at any rate.  There is also a Gloucester 10k before the summer hols so might aim to do that as well.  

The Builth one sounds good Camlo but think we will be having a weekend at home as hubby is away for most of the previous 2 weekends in USA.

Urgh to drunken grooms though!  Embarrassing!

CC - glad you have other places to vent!!  Wah to nits, Martha had them again last half term, I use Hedrin at the start and a week later with repeated combings in between and after!!

Vixo - is the change related to your cycle, I'm finding I run better (faster) mid month which seems to be a trend - am tracking my periods using an app called Clue which is v useful.  Also confirmed that cycle 1 was 24 days, then 28, 29 and last month was 32 days - grrrr!!  Was starting to panic last month!

• My appt's not till 6.40pm.  It's NHS but at the local private hospital so I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long!

• Come on Kinsey, we need another forum baby, it's been too long since our last!  image

• Wah!  Not from me!!! Have def reached my limit!

• Haha, OK so whose turn is it???  I think Lotte is exempt.  I'm done too (sadly, as I just love those tiny baby snuggles).

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Count me out.  I'm too old.

• My body is way too knackered and my oncologist would not recommend it I feel!!

• image ... No more for me either now, too old!! Five years ago I might have been persuaded, but not now, absolutely not!!
  • Shocked how many white hairs seen to be creeping into my up-until-now relatively youthful hair!!
  • Really cc?  It's not as though you have anything stressful going on at the moment or anything!  You're the same age as me and 5 years ago I was just having number 1.