RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Hope it goes well today AA image

Good to see Chick getting her speed back, and Minni for getting some good miles in image

KFC  -nice to see you again, hope to see you at the start on Sunday

O4S - all sounds normal in your build up then image

Barry - how are things this week - hope OK for Sunday?

Nell / 2old / carrot - looking good for you all for the weekend

Holiday was great - although my 15 miler on the first Sunday was done in the snow and a biting wind, while the south of the country was basking in the sunshine. I was freezing!  Apart from that I stuck to short stuff - managed to find a 0.9 mile piece of flat road close to the cottage where we were staying, so I ran up and down that each day.  Nothing longer than 5.5 miles.

Yesterday I ran the Bungay HM in 1.40.34.  But quicker than planned, but it felt really relaxed - did the first 10 miles in 7.45-8.00 pace, and then upped it for the final 3 (6.59, 6.52, 7.07 - but I think those first two were short!).Anyway, job done and now just 2 or 3 more easy runs this week and that's me done.  I'm feeling confident in terms of how my training has gone, although still have nagging worries about my foot which still isn't 100% right and hurt a bit yesterday.  But not much I can do now so just have to cross my fingers that it will be OK.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    O4S - he's going to do the 10k. It opens on his birthday so that's his present sorted!!

AA - it's like going back in time with that bloody Nell. Post a private pic of us on twitter and she's all over it trying to get in the gang! (For others this is Nell McAndrew not Nell Blue!). Have a great day!

2old - I've knvested in a wetsuit so plan done OW swimming but it will get short distance this years. Great North Swim sounds epic.

Looking good Freemers. image
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-have a great race .is it a year since I did it? 

Free- you won't be running in snow on Sunday .I ran my 12.75 yesterday at about the same pace as you but I can't say it was comfortable. ...so you're looking in good shape .

minni/AA- are you given a mention in Nells new book?image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

All the best for today, AA image Hope they got your forecast as wrong as they did ours. They sold us perfect running conditions on the morning news but we got a friggin' heatwave image.

Yes, 2old - it's a year ago ... where's DD BTW?

Nice HM running, Freemers. I hope the foot holds up next week.

Trendy 5 this morning - strange but lovely weather at the mo. Each morning there's frost on the ground but during the day it heats up to about 20 degrees image

• AA -   A bit late, but good luck today, especially if that weather forecast turns out to be true!image

Minni/Chick - Trendy recovery 5 yesterday at 8.45's and knees are fine, hip flexor pain seems to have gone, and even the achilles niggle has cleared off... Typical!

Minni wrote (see)
    Where am I up to??? Well! I hand just returned from an 11 miler, which turned out to be a nice progressive run, starting at 9:15 for the first mile and ending with 7:58 for the last! That the furthest I've gone so very happy. Hopefully I'll soon be able to ditch this stupid swimming..!!

Minni - The comeback is looking good! image However, as you know i'm with you all the way on your last point!!!image

Good to see Nell hasn't changed her ways!

TTFN

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick-expect DD is on his bike on a hill in Spain somewhere. Funny old weather here too...local open water swims are cancelling as the water is too cold...wimpsimage

Everything crossed for AA who must be on her way or soon to be

• What time (UK) does Boston kick off? 

I've got AA's no. primed and ready for tracking!

• Looking good through 10k!image

Must stop tracking and do some work... Must stop tracking and do some work... Must stop tracking and do some work... Must stop tracking and do some work!!!

Who am i kidding... Go AA! 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

AA has the covered the first 10k image

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi o4s, Hope the re-fuelling went well, sounds a long day...bet you wish you would have been running? With regards to injuries, I am just holding on to a piece of wood at the moment!

Hi 2old, Not a good day yesterday then? Being a Birmingham City fan, I was hoping Liverpool would do me a favour there. Unfortunately Sherwood seems to have got Villa playing now! So I suppose with P+D, you adopt the 8 week plan and drop week 2 for 7 weeks? If I remember correctly. I did have had a look at the P+D multiple marathon section when I had my plan drawn up, and it wasn't too different from what I remember. I just find with Hansons it is a bit more straightforward than the P+D.

Hi Pink, Great news on the swimming, glad to hear things are going well...

Hi AA, Weather forecast not a great incentive, hope it all went well in spite of that..

Hi Freemers, That 0.9 mile run sounds a bit testing. Things seem to be going well for you?

Hi Minni, I thought I was in trouble there, and I don't use Twitter!

6 miles this morning at 7:20mm average and massage this afternoon.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    AA is going well! How exciting!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

So much better than my crap run last year image

Metronomic splits so far, go AA image

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Very even splits to 20k - AA's looking good!
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni- yes looking good at 15k....7 miles to the hills. 

Nell-Liverpool didn't turn up for some reason ..totally outclassed. I prefer Birmingham City too ...takes me back to my Uni days there. I think my 7 week plan will involve 4 swims a week ,more spinning and cycling and some park runs, couple of long runs , a TRI and maybe a 10k. 

So when are everyone going to London and the expo...probably for me Friday travel there and Saturday for the expo with Miss2O. to get our numbers together. 

Is anyone else constantly hungry at the moment?

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick- I was in the medical tent at this stage 

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Probably Thursday to the expo for me if I can sneak out of work early. Otherwise it'll be Saturday lunchtime on the way to my brother's.

AA through half way steady as a rock image
  • old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

Great marathon running conditions in Boston (at least for those of us who hate hot weather). Probably not so good for spectators. 

I'm doing the Expo Wednesday.

15 miles in an endurance session on the spin bike this morning - will be leading a 5 mile run at the club tonight.  Thought it might be time to start training for Sunday!

Back up to racing weight after a food fest yesterday image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Yes 2old, I'm constantly hungry but I guess I don't count?!!

15m on spin bike?? Mental!

It's my 25th wedding anniversary today. Child bride. Off out for delicious food. image
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni- image

O4S- better start tapering ....maybe  30 miler on Wednesday

AA is a machine. That's a lesson in how to pace a marathon. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-congrats..brilliant race. 

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    AA - brilliant image. You really held the pace in those hills - fantastic result!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey, so that's how you're supposed to do Bostonimage. Great stuff, AA. Can splits be any more consistent??

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy anniversary, Minni image
  • Superb running AA, as 2Old states above "That's how to pace a marathon". 

Enjoy the vino!imageimageimage

Minni - Congratulations. Have a great meal.image

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Minni - congrats to you and Mr Minni image. Enjoy the celebrations!
  • old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

Minni: I would love to tell you it gets better from here on but...............image

The 15 miles on the spin bike were the result of an endurance interval class - otherwise I would have been out on the road (and would have gone a lot further).

2Old: Don't be daft - I never do more than 25 in the week before a marathon.........

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    AA - so proud of you! Very well done. image
  • Morning guys, thanks for your support. Quick check in before I leave wifi and head to airport in an electrical storm! 

Plan was to aim for 3:30 and enjoy it. ive never been so cold all the way through. heavy rain throughout the entire race. I was in coral 1 so I let everyone fly past me and put brakes on like you guys said. Felt strong all the way. The hills weren't anywhere near as bad as I thought. Was giggling by the top og heart brake thinking Was that it?!! Saw Mr AA at 24 miles. Quick kiss (there's my 3 seconds haha) and hot foot to end. 3:26.03. Still a bit shocked. Beetroot capsules?!! Haven't run for 10 days?!!would rather run like that than try and pb and die these days now!!

• And i loved reading all your comments. Thank you. Happy taper madness image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-enjoy your well earnt rest and celebrations and be ready for London onSunday where I expect you will repeat the process once again...minus the 3 seconds maybe?Think maybe its time for me to adopt a similar approach to marathons...well,perhaps after Sundayimage.

O4S-only 25?Hardly worth you getting changed for that.

I am wondering whether the people at work are a bit worried about me as I sit here rotating my left glute on a tennis ball.image

Weather looks ok-chance of light rain with temps between 11c and 14c.Not sure about the 18/19kmph north westerly breeze. I need to get a life