Sub 3.30 Tim: #asics262

Comments

• Why are you so against the DLR Sean?  If you're on the tube you can get the dlr!!  HA.. I think its walkable from Canning town, but I think its a long ole walk on pretty nasty area.... And yes, get off at waterloo, taje jubillee east and enjoy the fun of finding ExCel

• Good luck to those running London this Sunday!!! I will be, green with envy image,  in the crowds around Westminster area, I think.

And for some mara - tourism: http://londonist.com/2015/04/unusual-things-to-look-out-for-on-the-london-marathon-route.php

• Angela - DLR seems a bit of a faff, but if it saves a walk through a dodgy area, then I will get it.
  • FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Sean - bit of a faff yes, but pretty simple in the end and does save you trying to find your way on foot.  At custom house you don't even need to get to street level - just follow the Virgin Money banners!  Plus if you start from Waterloo it's only one change at Canning Town.  Yesterday I did Liverpool Street - Stratford - Canning Town - Custom House in about 25 minutes. 

• I did 3 miles last Saturday before my run. If you normally run on Saturday go for it.Nice and easy save the hard work for Sunday!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Argh! Where does all the time go?!!!

Not much time so gotta cram everything into one high density post image

Do we have a suggested meet time for the bench by the church? 8:50-9:10 sound ok? Race gun is 10:10 I believe so that would give an hour to disperse to the various starts, do your pre race meditation etc. Or would you need more or less time? Has this all been arranged already? If it has I will shut up.

Fancy starting a list of name, race number, vest description/fancy dress costume and target time? That would be dead handy for the Swiss supporting contingent image 

Just add your details and pass it on as it were. If you want a real challenge you can try and keep it in target time order image

Yours neutrally,

Malcs

Swiss PM in waiting

• No idea where the church is btw is it easy to find when walking from the station? 

Sean honest the DLR was very easy, like others have said you only need to change once and once at Custom House its a sinch

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

It's easy once you're on Blackheath Common. I'll post up my map again:

/members/images/448713/gallery/bench_map.jpg

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Freemers - 26917 - reddish t-shirt with ANNE in white letters (same as my avatar). Black shorts. Over-stocked gel belt. Raspberry-pink trainers with lime green trim image. Target sub 3.15.

Still don't know if I'll be at the bench but if I am it would be earlier than 8.50 as I want to get to Green in good time to meet up with some other friends there.
  • Cheers Malcs, sorry I was sure someone had posted the other day but couldnt remember who, not 100% my timings yet but will certainly aim for there and lookout for Superheroes and Swiss PMs image

• SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭
    Sorry, cant add to Freemers post on my phone...

Slowkoala, 27542 - yellow vest with black shorts, blue trainers.

Not sure I'll make the bench either as I'll be ridiculously early probably but will try and pass it on my way to the green start from the station.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Awesome!

I'll just do a bit of formatting if that's ok image Let's have name, number, time and start area (for those who may want to try and meet) then description below (shift + return to prevent a new paragraph). 

Freemers - 26917 - 3:15 - Green
    Reddish t-shirt with ANNE in white letters (same as my avatar). Black shorts. Over-stocked gel belt. Raspberry-pink trainers with lime green trim.

Slowkoala - 27542 - target? - Green
    Yellow vest with black shorts, blue trainers. 

• Swiss PM   (Malcs to everyone else) I  will be there earlier I suspect. As I am the red start I will need to head off around 8.45/8.50 I am aiming to be at the bench from 8.15. Has anyone else got ridiculous aches and pains today?  Or is it just me.

• Me - 42262  Target time 4hrs Red  Superman outfit

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I have aches and pains still from last Friday! lol image

Gosh, if it's better to be earlier then do shift the meet time. I won't get into Lewisham until 8:40 so I may not get to the bench until 8:50 at the earliest. Give me until 8:55 Tim, would be great to see you if only for a moment!

So bench meet:  8:15 - 9:10 (come and go as suits your pre race routine). Sound ok?

Reddish t-shirt with ANNE in white letters (same as my avatar). Black shorts. Over-stocked gel belt. Raspberry-pink trainers with lime green trim.

Tim - 42262 - 4:00 - Red 
    Superman outfit

• Morning! Am hoping to make it!

52666 - can't remember which start but am in an orange and black MS vest with Sophie on it!

• BRB - 21829 - sub4 - Blue
    Buxton AC vest (see forum pic) with LIZ on it, black shorts, bright orange trainers!

I'll be there by 8:15 I'd imagine as I'm normally pathologically early for everything... Definitely not just you Tim, I've got aches and pains everywhere today; right hip, left shin and ankle and right calf, perfect!!!

See you all on Sunday, getting massively overexcited and emotional now, oh heck...

• Malcs I will most probably wait as long as I can to hug the future Swiss PM  image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

lol image 

I do sympathise with the you all. Last Saturday I swear my knee was crippling me. Usually I'd be able to deal with that as an obvious ghost pain but I'd had trouble with it for a few weeks before. On the day - nothing! Absolutely nothing. 

So hang in there. You know it's all in the head. Just focus on stuffing your faces with carbs and that'll take your mind off it image

Ruffles - epic fail on info provision there. No start colour, no target time. Tut! image

Ruffles - 52666 - 3:30-3:45? - Red (maybe if you have a charity place?)
    Orange and black MS vest with Sophie on it

BRB -  21829 - 3:59 - Blue
    Buxton AC vest (see forum pic) with LIZ on it, black shorts, bright orange trainers!

Superman outfit 

• Sorry Malcs! I'm bumbling around without any maranoia or ability to stress about Sunday now that I am not PB chasing!  I am excited though, I forgot how big VLM is and how interested everyone is in it, non runners included!

I have a ballot place and I did check the colour yest and promptly forgot which one! D'oh! We're heading up to London tonight and to the expo tomorrow.  When I get to the Big Smoke I should have a better idea about how long it will take me to travel on Sun morning.  However, I'll aim for 8.30 ish...!

• And am still completely undecided as to my target time...maybe 4 hrs?! Maybe i'll just ride on Tim's cape - am sure he can take it now that he is SUPER SPEEDY!!!

• Always a place on my cape Ruffles image

• Sean R - 4636 - Blue Start. Coach leaving Dover 06:30Hrs so hopefully will be there early? Time sub 3:30. Not decided what I'm wearing yet image
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

No problem Sean but please can you rule out the mankini so we can all look forward to Sunday without that uncertainty hanging over usimage

Ruffles - I'll let you offimage Reckon you'll be on Blue then.

Wonder if I should get up a bit earlier. Thing is I'll have my mate with me who's running his first marathon. Not sure whether he'll want to be up that early. Would mean getting the train 30 mins before. I'll see.

Sean R - 4636 - 3:29 - Blue
    Wardrobe TBD but definitely no mankini (we hope) 

Ruffles - 52666 - 4:00? - Blue (probably, possibly, maybe)

Superman outfit 

• Malcs - Was thinking the Mankini might look good with my post holiday tanimage
  • Angela - I'm on the DLR!!!
  • I am   27771 - Green - Target 3:30/40

Pink shorts, white vest with fairyclogs logo, red trainers and probably long white compression socks if cold and wet. Don't think I'll be needing the sunglasses.

/members/images/478000/Gallery/Brighton2_(2).jpg

Finally found out how to upload pics. Yeah!

Ruffles. The magazine tells you which start if you know your no. You are Red.

Maranoia definitely setting in. Only run twice since Brighton so may go for a little jog this afternoon just to remind my legs how its done.

Good luck everyone. xxx

• Hi all

I'm going to try and come along to meet you at the bench - I'm a green start, number 28483 and want to try and get a new PB so anything under 3.38 will do... I'll be wearing a white Prostate Cancer vest and undecided whether I'm wearing shorts or 3/4 length leggings. I'll have Katie on my top.

If I don't catch you all then all the best of luck to everyone!

• Thanks Fairyclogs - yep am red!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Awesome stuff.

Sean - I am seriously considering not coming after that last threat of bodily exposure. Tan or no tan, not even with the body of Adonis could you carry that look off. And above all, just think of the chafing! image

The updated list then:

Sean R - 4636 - 3:29 - Blue
    Wardrobe TBD but definitely no mankini (we hope) 

Fairyclogs - 27771 - 3:30/40 - Green
    Pink shorts, white vest with fairyclogs logo, red trainers and probably long white compression socks if cold and wet.

ktkt - 28483 - 3:38 - Green
    White Prostate Cancer vest and undecided whether I'm wearing shorts or 3/4 length leggings. I'll have Katie on my top.

Ruffles - 52666 - 4:00? - Red (confirmedimage )

Superman outfit 

There are more to come I know. Angela, Christian and of course the Puffsta for a start.