RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Freemers - I woke up this morning thinking Oh No, it's Friday already....this week is going way too quick for my body!!

carrot - you will be missed at the party start. But at leas you won't have to queue for the loo!! Get a selfie with Paula!!

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi Greenies, I will send my number over to you all and if you could please let me know where you are meeting I will try and find you...what time are you aiming to get there?

Hi 2old, I was a middle child so learnt from an early age not to complain...now, using the tennis ball in the office is one thing, on the train??image

Hi o4s, A brolley will seem appropriate at the moment. I suppose better than sunstroke.

Hi AA, Now you can walk, I hope the 3 miler goes ok...I thought I was pushing it doing Edinburgh 5 weeks after London and here you are a week later image

Hi Carrot, Another glute casualty. I am getting worried now....am I next?

Hi Freemers, Good news on the glute..

I am doing nothing today apart from a bit of stretching and a cold bath later. What I do need to do is try and get a decent night sleep. Not a good sleeper at the best of time and it has been warm in the evening this week. I am not complaining though 2old image

• Hi guys! Whoop whoop exciting times again.

Barry 2Old- hope those niggles bugger off!image

I'm currently waiting for Minni to roll into Kings Cross so that I can stop pretending I'm doing any work and go pick her up.

Plan for Sunday for me is steady 3.33-3.35 and it'd better feel easy or I will be worried! It's nice to go into this with no pressure for once... and typically the weather looks perfect for racing the ONE year I'd rather it was hot...lol!

Hope to see you all at the green start (I think that's where I'm going....)image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I'm almost there! I'll compile a list of numbers before Sunday so know who and when to expect you at 22 miles. Who's at Chandos afterwards?

Mega excited!!

Love London marathon whichever side of the railings I'm on.

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Minni - when do you think you'll get to Chandos?  I'm not sure yet if I'll go there, depends on timings - OH and I have been asked to an event at our local pub which I want to go to (even though I may end up going straight when I get back looking like a complete mess!). 

Anyway will look out for you at 13/22.  Presume you are on the 22 side of the road?  Hopefully I'll make it that far this year image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Carrot-enjoy mixing with the elite 

Bro-wonder if you'll be able to hold back....you would breeze sub 3.30. The Green Start is going to be crowded with team Minni. 

Minni- you will be with us at the start ...our inspiration ! Not sure if I'll get to Chandos as I want to be around for Miss 2O's finish. Wonder if I might have time to get there and back ...hmmm. Look out for me in pain wearing a welsh dragon vest with 'Dan'on. I will listen out for your screams. 

Nell- I didn't get to use the tennis ball on the train.,..but had a long chat with a running mad couple from Liverpool visiting their daughter. Not sure about a cold bath without having done a run ...very tough 

now settled in London. Provisions bought and carbo loading underway with a tasty pizza( is that allowed?) off to the theatre soon which could be painful the way my glute feels. 

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi Bro, Yes ironic that, the year you could do with heat conditioning, that's the British weather for you!

Hi 2old, I suppose there was going to be every chance you would meet a runner on the train today... think there might be a couple on the plane tomorrow morning! image

Hi Minni, Will be meeting my sister and tribe at the finish and I am on the 1725 flight back to Edinburgh....hoping to see you at some point of the day?

Hopefully the weather down there is the same as up here at the moment, getting cool image

• Weather looking perfect for Sunday, no 2533, Billy no mates on blue start. Will report back tomorrow after run.
  • old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

5k walked very gently today - almost wish I hadn't signed up to the 365 x 5k challenge. Reckon I will regret it even more on Mondayimage

Booked my accommodation assuming I would be getting the train from Charing X, so will probably go to Blackheath and walk across to the green start. Have just packed everything for the first time..............

See you all on the green - don't worry about recognising us, even without Minni I predict you will be able to hear us image

• If I'm in chandos I'll be the drunk in the corner ranting over what could have been ???
  • Evening all - I'm 27231. 

Im gonna do charring cross and walk to green start too. Looking forward to seeing you all. Celeb enclosure @9am is pretty norm hey? 2.5 miles run. Legs work. Body tired image

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

So, we have our positions then?

green for Nell, O4S, freemers, AA, bro, 2old, kfc - see you there

Barry on blue

Carrot on champs (awesome!)

Minni at 13/22

BRING IT ON!!!

Carrot - enjoy champs start!  Theres a guy from my club who's going going one step further than getting a selfie with paula - he's wearing a spiderman all over gimpsuit and being an unofficial 2:30 pacer so he can get on the telly running with her...

Awesome marathon AA - you make it sound easy!  Cant believe you are running another so soon!

Expo today, shiny number 27314 for me.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Just popping in, to say all the best for tomorrow

I have revised my target due to training and pace so will be no longer sub 3:15 but about 3:20ish so hope to see dome of you tomorrow

27008 (Green)

Take care and all the best

• PinkladyPinklady ✭✭✭
    Quick check in to say Good Luck to all running VLM tomorrow. Sadly I won't be there to see it all - Barry im sure wlill explain. Thinking of you all & have a great race x
  • Afternoon all.

Presumably, the nerves are kicking in nicely now?

Am deeply jealous and typically my cold has now buggered off so feel fresh and ready for a marathon!

Hope you all smash your targets, and i'm looking forward to my fix of cyber stalking everyone.

Have a great day... Oh and DON'T BE SHIT!image 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Pink- that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the good wishes 

Barry-?

RFJ-good luck -see you at the start 

AA-only 10 times plus that run tomorrow. Easy...for you 

Expo done now to rest. Still have the literal pain in the butt with tingling down the leg ..just hoping that's all it will be tomorrow. Not risking a run today. 

Oh I'm in pen2 ...anyone else? How long to cross the line from there? Think I will go from Charring Cross as it's close. Is the walk to Green Start long doing it this way? How long will I need to allow? 

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    2old - I'm in pen 2 as well. On green pens 1 and 2 are joined - a couple of years ago Minni, AA and I got in there first and were right up against the rope looking straight at the start line. Trouble is they bring the celebs out in front so you can't get right to the front but it won't be more than 10-20 seconds to cross the line.

I've not done the journey from CharingCross. Probably means going to Blackheath? Maybe 15 minute walk from there.

Barry ??

I'm at Waterloo on my way to my brothers. Feeling nervous but confident at the same time!

See some of you tomorrow at the start and good luck to everyone image
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Free- oh good I think you can be my pacerimage  I'm going from Charring Cross to keep Miss2O company .Enjoying sharing the experience with her 

• Ran this morning pain straight away tried to run it off but got worse and had to stop and hobble back. Deep down i kinda knew this was coming but very frustrated, best campaign, fastest and fittest I've ever been, great build up races and really thought I was finally going to get the 3:15 monkey off my back. What's done is done no point in crying over it, done that already. So thought I would be running next year with gfa but I have deferred so will be there fingers crossed. Probably have a few too many tonight, but will be around for race tomorrow so hopefully see you to give words of encouragement. Good luck all and DBS
  • Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭
    Hi Barry, that is bad news, but wise not to run. Gutted for you. Edinburgh?

Flew down this morning, got to the Expo about 1400 and although registered swiftly it was busy and I had a quick look and got away. Bit disappointed on the lack of small sizes with the merchandise. But they probably did me a favour with the prices! I am staying in Croydon just about to go out for an Italian . I am in pen 2, I assume that is the little number 2 on the bottom right? Weather forecast is improving...
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Nell - I need your real name to put you on my tracking! Or a number?
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Barry- gutted for you....what can I say! Injury got me a week before the 2013 VLM so I can empathise fwiw. Edinburgh? Liverpool 14thJune? Both sub3.15 courses. Sorry you won't be with us. 

Nell- see you in pen2 . 

pasta eaten and feeling full

see you all tomorrow greensters. 

• Bazza - gutted for you.

pen 2 too. I'll watch you all sprint off! 

Pasta done - now on skittles for pudding!!! Up at 5am for the trek in. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minnie-sorry to miss you at Chandos. 

AA-have a good journey...later set off time for me . You won't be able to resist pacing us 

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

Pen 5 for me - I have predicted the same time for the last 3 years and have gone from Pen 3 in 2013 to Pen 4 in 2014 and now Pen 5. I reckon 90% of the green start is female with the relatively easy targets

Pasta done, now drinking tea and eating banana custard.

Barry: really sorry to hear that but wise decision in the long run.

Weather still looking OK - have reconciled myself to being over 4 hours as I know I haven't trained enough. How much over is the big question.........

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭
    Hi Minni, thought I posted number. It is 27121. Back in the hotel after meeting my sister and tribe for tea. Wise decision me thinks. Back to the calm of the hotel room. See you tomorrow guys.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Thanks Nell! Will be cheering at 21.5 miles!
  • FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Barry - nightmare for you! You've had such bad luck with marathons but I really thought you'd laid that demon to rest this time around.

On the train to London Bridge and the Maze Hill. See some of you soon image
  • So sorry to hear the news, especially as you're flying at the moment!

Get right and go and smash another marathon... Edinburgh?

Tracking all set up and raring to go! I love VLM!!
  • Caught Carrot going through the start on the BBC.????

Go Team Minni!????