Sub 3h15

Comments

• That's more than Birch's Tea & Rice Krispies Poacher!

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

He was asked how many bananas, and was very clear that it's just the one.

Could be a good smack down at the pointy end on Sunday between him and Kipsang.

• Poacher - it looks like he could do with a couple of bowls of porridge - there's nowt on 'im. Nonetheless I have had a sneaky bet on him - though Kipsang is the bookies favourite.

Lorenzo - I'll attempt to seek you out on green in the spot you indicated. Do you know whether green has a separate GFA start or not?  I'm in pen 2.

Probably the last post from me pre race so good luck everyone. imageimageimage Hopefully see a few of you before, during and after.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Expo done. Feet up now image
  • GE - I'm not 100% sure but it only took me about 20 seconds to cross the line from Pen 2 last year. In Pen 2 again on Sunday.

Good luck to all for the big day. Looks as though the weather could be more favourable for runners than spectators.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

last 5k run done....

massage done yesterday along with Expo

All ready, travelling up tomorrow

Im in Pen 2 green too

Take care and all the best

• Good luck all runners this weekend. Work is done, now enjoy it.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    This carb loading is starting to feel like a tempo session.

Good luck everyone.
  • Pen 2 blue for me. Fired up and ready to go! 

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to wish all those running London the best of luck.

Not had a proper read back, just checked out the Manchester crew, well done all with some very decent times.

I am back running (Hurrah!) and also doing a fair bit of cycling and swimming. I have a plan.
  • NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Likewise iron Mike. Go on Serpie!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

moof - good news!
    1 day to go! Go smash it guys!!!
    3 slow miles d&d.

• Very best of luck to all of you running in the VLM tomorrow! Is that list of names/race numbers a couple of pages back the definitive one? Isn't there a list with your targets, too (as per tradition)? Jase? Speedy?

I will be sitting in front of the telly watching the Eurosport coverage while following all of you on the website tracker, and throwing in my ha'porth on here.

I'm very sorry I won't be there with all of you. Just hearing that VLM music (however cheesy) makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I will never forget the sheer excitement of walking into the Expo for the first time, then walking across Blackheath Common to the start, the start itself, and then so many moments along the course to the finish, which will always rate as one of the best moments of my entire life. The times spent in the Chandos with many of you was memorable, too.

I hope to be back next year.

As they say...'ave it!!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

You will be a big miss Ant, thanks for those thoughts. 

Off to the expo soon after a mighty breakfastimage

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    A plan Moof? Do tell....

Next year Ant!
  • Ant, my target is 6 hours+ cheering by the roadside! Injury strikes again.

Now, I'm sure I say this every year, and I fear it's already too late for some, but during the carb load you should NOT be consuming more calories than normal. You are not exercising, you don't need them. The carb load is merely an alteration in the macros. Cut out protein and fat and replace with carbs, don't just add more and more carbs. 

There is a limit to how much glycogen you can fit in your body. Beyond that the body will simply convert the sugars into fat. You don't want to be carrying extra fat around with you.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

WTF, why does my goody bag contain a DVD claiming that juice cures cancer? Madness.

Speedy - I was reading that women in particular do sometimes find they need to consume (slightly) more calories in order to get the carbs in, and it's true that aiming for the recommended number of grams per kilo of body weight I did end up eating about 500 cals more than normal in total even with the most boring of carby food & drink all day. Also the high-carb diet was so unsatisfying that I was absolutely ravenous.

• parkrun this morning all nice and easy and to plan. From the start I was in 4th and knew two ahead were much faster but did not recognise the other. He dropped off and at 1km I passed him so I was alone in third and simply a case of holding pace to ensure those behind didn't come by. 19:22 is a but slower than maybe I would have hoped for (I have done 19:08 on the course this year and it is worth about 30 seconds over faster courses) but it comes at the end of 2 buys weeks with work in Rome and New York so glad to have topped 40 miles each week as well as the flights and eating. Guy just behind me is in the V60 category so his 19:29 got him over 82%. I'd take that in 10 years time.

• I have always been able to get all of my carbs in on 1900-2100 calories. Somewhere back at home I have spreadsheets where I worked everything out. I'll dig it out some time.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

You're lighter than me though, I think, and I wouldn't need 2100 calories on a non-exercise day.

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Ant you are a fixture at Chandos (in the nicest possible way), you will be missed.

Orpington park run safely negotiated, c**p time of 21.28 for 10th. Leg still in one piece, hurrah. I'm aiming for the Carmen Miranda look tmrw so shout ( or turn away in horror). If I lumber past.

But mainly good luck everyone, do yourselves proud.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Have a great VLM all. I'll be cheering and see you in Chandos afterwards. Gutted Ant won't be there. image

Like everyone, I'm carbo loading and spent a months salary on a new pair of PB guaranteed, comeback Brooks. image
  • I didn't buy shoes, I was restrained. I did buy 5 pairs of socks for a tenner from More Mile though. And some Chia Charge nut butter, which is bloody lovely.

• You'll be missed in Chandos Ant - look forward to seeing you there next year.

Superfoods pasta (standard pre-race meal) consumed, bag packed and nearly time for bed now - look forward to seeing many you before, during or after the race tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Go Smash it all of you.

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    I think I managed about 4 hours sleep last night which is about as much as I've gotten all week. No worries though as caffeine will soon sort me out! I ran the Beckton Parkrun yesterday and crossed the line holding Lornah Kiplagat's hand! She a lovely lady who held the world record at 5k, 10 mile, 20k and half marathon and now also my hand. image Good luck everyone! Its PB smashing time!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Ant - next year for sure.
    Nice parkrunning PMJ, Poacher, and Badbark - and what a way to finish Badbark!!!
    Hope all you runners and spectators have a brilliant day and smash lots of PBs!
    I nearly smashed my nose in yesterday - walked into a wall in Laser Labyrinth at Pleasurewoods Hills and now got a nasty gash. My daughters nearly died of embarrassment - no accidents like that today please!!!

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Morning all. On my way to Blackheath. DBS!
  • AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Have a great day runners - conditions look perfect judging by the tele. Smash it! 

Nice park running folks, and that's a top bit of celeb hand holding BB!

10 easy ones done this morning, but that seems rather insignificant! On with the main event of the day.

• Everyone going really, really well!!! There are going to be some very happy people at lunchtime, if all stays as it is.