Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Bright and breezy here in South West London too. 3.68 miles in 36.57 minutes. Started off a bit too fast (9:42 first mile), probably because it was a little nippy, so the rest was  a bit over 10 mi/mile pace. Bad hammy and naughty glute felt OK, but grumpy achilles was its usual grumpy self. Not painful, exactly, just niggly. It'll be fine for my half, though. I'll just have to keep up with the heel drops.

Off to the gym shortly.

• Morning all - 6 miles for me, then onto the endurance event which is Design Week in London for 3 days, late one tonight so no track. PSC, I would love a dog, but you're right, really not fair when you're at work all day. There was a white boxer cross rescue dog at the lake on Saturday which I could have happily taken home, apart from the hair.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

chucking it down with rain for me this morning, but 6 miles done, and a quick turbo this evening

• Nothing yet, too much booze last night.....

nothing today, far too sleepy this morning! And out for a meal after work so too full now!

where did everyone go??

just a short easy 4 miles this morning, beautiful morning image

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I'm resting. Been tired this week so I want a full tank of gas for my half on Sunday. Half term next week!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Sneaks in

I am training as always just having a forums cutback period

Currently thinking of leaving facebook as I don't like what they are doing...

Be well

evening

gobi - hope you are well. what's up with facebook? Not that I am linked to you on there

nothing for me today as I am feeling a bit unwell, probably just end of term knackeredness!

• Another late night, so a NOC for me, 6.5 mile run and an hour in the pool, feeling revived. 3 day weekend starts here, whoop.

• Good morning all

6 miles this morning.

5 miles yesterday noc as I had the day off work to get a few bits done. Didn't run Tuesday or Wednesday as a bit tight in the chest so thought best to see lay up for a couple of days.

Cal, Best of luck for tomorrows half.

morning

valis - look after yourself!

feeling ok today, think I was just shattered yesterday. So spinning then swimming, just hope the spinning room isn't too hot

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I use my standard nickname, most people don't even know my real name

Facebook wants to change that, all my registration is proper I just don't show my real name..
  • Morning all - 20 miles done before 9.30 so feeling rather pleased with myself. Busy out there 15 OR, 3 rabbits, 9 horses, multiple dogs. Take it easy valis. As long as you remember your real name Gobi.

gobi - how would facebook know that that is not your real name??

well done Kate

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    They are asking for details to confirm who you are......
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    They are asking for details to confirm who you are......
  • Good morning all

10 mile lsr 

Ventured along a bit of the tow path and saw a runner coming along towards me who must of been taking part in the GUCR .This must of been around 6.20am and he would of had about 25 miles to go. think his name was William  or Andrew W( my brian was still waking up.

off to football today last game of the season and watch a bit of silverware being handed over.

Birky, Your nearly there.

Gobi, Seems odd that they want details to confirm who you are and then won't let you use whatever name you like. 

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Back from running Royal Windsor Trail Half Marathon. Thanks to my local friends for putting me up last night so I didn't have to get a SOC train or queue for portaloos and bag check.

Lovely course - pretty flat with lots of flowers, swans on the river with their cygnets, rowers and boats. It was pretty warm though. I tried a gel for the first time (risky I know, but I didn't shit myself so it was all good) and my niggling bits weren't as bad as they were during Richmond.

My Garmin says my time was 2:10:11 but I thought I'd got under 2:10 so I will have to wait for the official time to come back. Garmin said my average mile time was 9:49 but then it also added .1 of a mile so I'm not sure I trust it entirely. It's a PB either way, though. And the medal is enormous. I definitely recommend this race. .

• Afternoon all - started feeling very ill last night so cut the planned super long and hilly bike down to 93 miles, struggled to eat anything so pleased to have it done. NW was mainly magpies and rabbits, DW was mainly rabbits which the magpies seemed to be enjoying. Good work on the PB Cal. GUCR next year then valis?

well done Cal

kate - 93  miles when you are feeling ill??? 

not as lazy as me - I have done nothing! Plan was to run this morning, but last night got a call to collect one of the kids from scout camp - he had hurt his back, so brought him home. This morning he was feeling better so took him back to camp! Then we went to Nottingham. Just spent the rest of the day lazing around...

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

So I got my official time - 2:10:08. PB, but I didn't crack 2:10 so I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I had used one of those pace calculator things to work out what speed I needed to go and my average mile time was actually faster during the race so I can only conclude that Garmin was right and the course was slightly long.

• Something to aim for in the next race Cal. I'm supposed to be off to do a 5K swim this morning, but am coughing so hard I'm a little worried i might swallow the whole lake and leave everyone else floundering with no water. Will make a call on it shortly. Looks like another beautiful day out there. Any sign of birky yet?

• I HTFU and did it,very slow but it is done.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I wasn't planning on doing another half until September, but I've now signed up for another at the end of June. My birthday's in June so it seems rude not to celebrate my turning 48 with a race.

Just yoga today (I say just, but 90 minutes of Bikram in a 40+ degree room is not exactly an easy option) - legs are very sore.

Good job on the swim, Kate. Rather you than me!

which one are you doing in June Cal?

Kate - maybe you should have a little rest? Dirty word, I know, but wouldn't hurt if you are unwell....

• I have nothing except sort out the garage this afternoon MC.

nice restful afternoon then!image

I went out for a run to escape the arguing children....