Berlin Marathon

Anyone selling a bib to this years Berlin Marathon!?! Will buy from you!

Comments

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Why didn't you enter in time? It's not a ballot like London.
  • People still sell their bibs. it's really not a big deal.

• The charity that I'm running for still has two bibs left - low fundraising target, great cause.

• Hi.

i have a entry pass for the marathon. Unable to compete. if your interested please get in touch

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    How are you going to get the number to the buyer? I thought you were issued with a wristband when picking up to stop you selling on.
  • Hi.

This years entry was submitted in October 2014 and was by ballot. Also it stated in the conditions that some one other than yourself may pick up your number. As long as they have consent from the participant. 

Please if your going to quote on forums, do your research! Some times it pays to read the small print people.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    So will the person get the time in their name then? Or as it is an illegal transfer, will they have to pretend to be you?
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    So this is an official transfer Paul?? If so, I apologise.

If not then isn't this against the rules?
  • Millsy. Of course not you arse....it states it. I would stop the jogging, it seems brain shudder has taken effect...

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Maybe this jogging is taking an effect on my brain as I'm not sure what you lat comment of "of course not ... It states it" does that mean that official race transfers are allowed?

I may be an "arse" but surely people need to know if they will be running the race under their own name and get a time for it.
  • You really are stupid mr mills. Of course the runner would have to run in my name. It states quite clear that numbers can not be transferred. This is a policy they uphold to keep participants high. Any one in sales and marketing knows this. With the fall off rate it is clever for the organiser to do this. Just a shame for the participant if they can not take part! Of course a runner who opts to buy such a ticket will have to run under false pretence...how else would they be able to run!

Some times in life you have to cut corners for the things you may desire or want. So your so holly that you would not undertake such an action to carry out something you so desire? I think not. So please stop with the stupidity and please respond with an opinion that is helpful To the readers as oppose to a negative underlined approach you seem to have to an article. 

I see from other replies You have posted....you are quite a negative, unhelpful spin doctor. 

• PWT10PWT10 ✭✭✭

Are you trolling this, as if not you're being quite offensive to someone who has a valid point. Millsy has now correctly extracted from you that the place will not be officially and correctly transferred and they will be "running as you".

So to clarify, everyone that would like to go against the race organisers rules and race this under someone else's number, please form an orderly queue.

Millsy, I doff my cap to you for keeping cool and on topic and not resorting to telling someone to f**k off.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Cheers PW10, I won't be responding with foul language I think Paul is angry enough already.

My opinion is that you shouldn't run under someone else's name. Respect the organisers rules and if you don't agree sign up to another race instead. Maybe that is being holier than thou but i that's just my opinion.

I would love to run Berlin one day but if I'm going to smash myself to pieces on that course I'd like the time to be against my name so I can use it as a qualifier for other races.
  • PWT10! Do you actually understand trolling. I think NOT! 

Just another person who uses idle words with out understanding in society to express what little they know! I believe your final words sums up the type of low life intellectual struggling to cope in life sad at his work lonely in love and just plain ugly says it all. 

As for running a competition in your own name and using it later...how vain! Perhaps some people wish to run this event to prove something to themselves! Or are you the type of runner who believes only die hard runners who have trained for months should  participate? Freedom to speak, freedom to walk, freedom to run. 

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I'd probably want to run in my own name so that if I ended up in hospital/dead, then the wife would find out without having to phone round German hospitals.

Paul- I wouldn't be surprised if the person who tries to buy your place only does so to enable them to notify the organisers of your planimage
  • PWT10PWT10 ✭✭✭

Yep, definitely trolling.