Friday 5th June 2015

Cheat 1- I'm not yet in bed.
Cheat 2- it's not the actual lyrics, but nobody really knows for certain.
Cheat 3- I'll probably only have a small slot for training, maybe a swim.

Good luck, it's nearly the weekend.

Comments

• Largely nocturnal (shift-worker) I've not retired to bed either, so I guess that I could also be cheating, too, as I work my way through a bar of Dairy Milk Crunchie Bits.

As for cheating lyrics, although those shoes may be multiplying, Annie could have also been asked if she was wonky (again, something nobody knows for certain).   

Concerning cheat three, Blisters, I wouldn't necessarily consider a swim as such, since you intend to fit in.  Fingers crossed you manage it. 

What: Light warm up, followed by through stretching routine. 

Why: Legs are beginning to feel the effect of three days slogging it out in the gym.

Last Hard: 4th June (Calves are beginning to ache).

Last Rest: 1st June. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What: we start with a flattish 16km

Why: the start of the Br??der Grimm Lauf

Last hard: I think getting through until 17:30 may be hard. Working this morning, traveling at lunch.

Lyrics: ?

Have a good Friday all
  • Morning.

Hope you enjoy it emzap. Are you likely to be able to report in between stages?

You are allowed to start the thread you know MG2. Don't get me wrong about the GNR, it's an event rather than a race is all unless you're at the real pointy end. Sorry if you've already said I've forgotten - are you not running because you're rehabbing an injury?

Hope  you can make that slot Blisters. Cotswold seems to have come round quickly.

Stretch Alehouse.

You sound as if you really enjoyed that session Donaldo.

What:          LSR
    Why:           no work/haven't run long since CPH
    Last hard:   don't do hard
    Last rest:    30/5

Lyrics - I think I may.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: easy hour on the watt bike d&d

Why: heavy weekend racing

Last hard: Thursday Crits at Mallory

Last rest: Friday 24th April

Lyrics: yes :??)
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Morning

Yesterdays lyrics were "Bring me to life" by EVANESCENCE

Donaldo: so glad you downloaded and were singing this songimageI hope it makes you run faster.When the album comes on I always run fasterimage

Emzap : Good luck with race!!

What: Yoga

Why: woke up exhausted I blame the 3 hours of gardening yesterday so long run  will be tomorrow.

Last hard: getting up

Lyrics: yes I am on a roll

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well that was warm. I have a real day trippers tan now, my first outing in a vest this year apart from when racing. Not complaining, I'd much rather have this than cold, wet and windy!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Reasonably warm here, too, although still windy. Wore shorts, which is unusual, and only one long sleeved thermal.

What: 8.17k off road

Why: opportunity knocked. Pushed on a bit for 4 of the middle ks. Effort seemed quite hard, but the pace was hardly electrifying.

Lyrics: I believe I do.

Got on the scales and not happy. Weight is heading in the wrong direction. Not quite sure why.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon,
    Don - sounded a good session
    Emz - good luck
    LmH , ale - good work

Surprised to have torrential rain at breakfast, so despite being very muggy had to stick the waterproofs on or risk a drenching getting to the station.
    What - easy half hour tonight
    why - recovery
    last rest - monday
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - nah

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Go well, Emz...times five!

Am sure everyone knows Blisters' lyrics which I think are a "misheard" version.

No rain here, but the temperature has suddenly dropped quite a bit. Have managed to mow the lawns, just in case.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: lying on bed

Why: hospitalised last night (pain eventually settled at 5am)

Last hard: renal colic (see above)

Suppose I will be seeing a bit of rest over next few days image

Lyrics: of course
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh dear OH! Rest well. Get well etc. If you are awake in the early hours don't forget to set some lyrics that I might know...
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Oh no OH I hope you feel better soon!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Get well soon OH.

Been on a training course all week...messed up training plans but on the bright side there were free crunchies today! I will see if I can post a picture from my phone.

Off out for a long ride tomorrow and will report back. Hoping it will be less brutal than last week's. Velothon is a week Sunday...eek.
  • Hope you're soon feeling 100% OH.

Threatened rain here a little while ago too Alehouse but nothing has materialised, quite windy though.

Hope the weather is kind for your ride Alex.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Just a wee 4 miler tonight, nice evening.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Take care OH

no running all week, going to haver a run out at Parkrun in the morning to see what the state of play is.... meant to be racing D_Day 10k on Sunday, that looks in jeopardy.

Been away in Coventry the last two days..... so managed some gym stuff

Lyrics - think so.....

Take care

• Lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01QPxZFlw4

Shoes? Cheese? All the same.

Work intervened, and I lost an hour during the day. "Poof" went the training slot. A shame as it was a gloriously sunny day all day.
    On the bright side, I should be fit and ready for a Group 1 hilly ride into the Forest tomorrow.