Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning - 10 miles run over the hills, then a swim in the lido, bit chilly, warmer in the lake with a wetsuit. Have fun MC, I'm banned from the lake until we get to Austria as the pollen is making me hang onto my cough/dog bark. Fly out on Friday, I'm so excited!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Good luck, my mate picked up my Zipp 202s this weekend as he is also in Austria.

Rode with my daughter on Saturday which was cool and with MrsG on Sunday.

Relaxing weekend really
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Early morning yoga and a spin class today. Wasn't feeling it - I guess yesterday's run and gym session took a lot out of me. My right knee didn't much like the spin although it's fine running. Odd eh?

• Evening all - NOC turbo and core. Trying to taper.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    nice one Kate I did 90 mins on the watt bike this evening
  • 6 mile run, 4 mile tempo, PW 2 and an ambulance lights flashing. going out after work so I can't exercise.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

3.7 miles today - one of those runs that doesn't feel slow but is. Average pace was 10:16 - slowest mile 10:27. Achilles is grumpy again so no more running for me before the Richmond Park half on Sunday. The knee that was hurting in spin yesterday didn't hurt at all, though.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Nothing exciting to report

I am day 2 of the Volume fortnight so another hours running this morning followed by Swim and TT later.

Keeping it real
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of posting - life has taken over. How is everyone getting on?

I had a rest day today as my legs are quite tired but i'm back out again tomorrow at SOC and before it gets too hot for the dogs.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

oops, looks like I have been too busy to post for a couple of days! Nice 5 miler this morning. 

NW - hares and a deer

field full of sheep watched me when I had to nip behind a bush!

• Morning all - 4 mile run, feeling a little faster for the taper, 2 OR and lots of children heading back to the school who look like they have been on an overnight walk. Nice to have an audience MC. Still marathoning every weekend Emmy?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

Volume day 4 and another hour of running. Not planned this time but the pool was shut

evening

4 slow miles this morning, it was very warm and humid

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I'm hoping it'll be less humid on Sunday for my half - it doesn't start until 9.30 so (with me being an old donkey) I'll be running until after 11.30am.

Parents evening last night. Glad that's done with.

• Turbo done and Austria bound. I'd take muggy, I've got storms forecast.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    All the best Kate

Day 5 of my volume period and through 12 hours of CV so far. Raced last night on my training bike and stayed in all the way.

Positive stuff so far

morning

good luck Kate

Clumber half marathon for me today

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Good luck. Three of us racing this weekend! I'm just taking it easy today - one yoga class. Then off to Richmond Park tomorrow. Hoping it's not too hot.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Smashed it! Unofficial (Garmin) time for my Richmond Park half was 2:08:20. Very warm but it clouded over after the first lap, which I was thankful for.

I very nearly missed the start thanks to a massive queue for the loos (there was only a public loo, about 100m from the start - no portaloos, which seems like an oversight as Runthrough races are normally very well organised) so I was full of adrenaline and went pretty fast on the first lap. By lap 3 the hill which made up the first half of each lap had turned from a manageable gradient into a relentless slog, and by lap 4 my pace had dropped to just under an 11 minute mile. Fortunately I was saved by my pacey first lap and being able to bomb the one downhill section on each lap like a crazy person.

Tired and sore now. Tomorrow's massage will be super ouchy. I will post my official time once I know it.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    18hour week done

Wonder how the racers have done this weekend
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Official time: 2:08:16. (Net time 2:07:38 - not sure what that is - perhaps something to do with the laps? Pretty sure it's not my actual time was the official time is close to my Garmin which I stopped just after the finish).

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

So RunThrough have said the net time is chip time, so looks like that's my new PB. Awesome. Plus they've promised to fix the loo problem next year.

Well done Cal!

Looks like Kate did well in Austria

I had a tough race - it was really hot, got far too hot just waiting to start and struggled. But I finished and the rough terrain didn't trouble my knees like it did last year which is definite progress. Glad I did it as it has broken the string of DNS that I have had lately

just a swim today as it has been a mad day of kids doing concerts all over Nottinghamshire!

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Glad you finished, MC. It was warm for me too - over 20 degrees, but fortunately it clouded over and we got a bit of a breeze on the last two laps. I was so dehydrated when I got home that I had sore eyes and salty deposits on my skin. Like you, though, nothing seems to have broken. My quads are quite sore from bombing down the hill four times. I'm sure my masseur is going to find all sorts of hurty bits though. image

• Morning all - great day yesterday, Lake Worthsee is the most stunning place I have ever swim, Mr F has spent a lot of time in there too. In conclusion, good swim time, bike course didn't suit me so was 25 mins off my target time, so my head went down on the run and walked a whole lot more than I planned. Wanted a 12.30, got a 13.20, but my first IM that hasn't gone to plan so I've learned lessons for the next one.Beautiful  scenery, sunny and about 27 degrees so my tan lines are pretty immense. No SOC this morning. Well done on the halves MC and Cal, and a solid week of training Gobi. Back to the lake for a gentle swim and a celebratory beer before the flight back.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

You have my respect just for finishing an IM, Kate. Glad you enjoyed the experience even if the time wasn't quite what you were hoping for. I guess the heat didn't help.

6.30am Bikram class for me this morning. Was going to flush my legs with a spin class later but decided against it - the legs have had enough, really. I'll let Peter (my masseur) sought them out.

• Heat not a factor, I'm a bit of a lizard really. Got sore feet - now diagnosed by Google as cyclist's hot foot - and my head went when I knew my bike split wasn't what I wanted. 6 weeks and another crack at sub 12.30.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Me too, although I definitely find it easier to run when it's a bit cooler. I'm sure doing Bikram yoga for the past 10 months really helped me yesterday. 

Where are you going for the next one?

kate - well done. I saw pictures of the lake and it looks beautiful

nice 5 miler this morning

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Solid effort Kate

More big efforts here, over 3hrs yesterday and already an hour done today. Swim and a ride later.

Love the weather