Bike question.....

I was wondering if any of you could help me here please. I have been on the look out for a bike for a while, nothing major as first year in tri. There is a bloke I know through work who used to be into tri but gave it up and would be well chuffed if someone could get good use of his bike (this is where I step in). The problem is he won't give me a price for buying it (I think he spent quite a bit of cash on it in his day but it was like over seven years ago and doesn't know the value it would have today). He is a really decent bloke and, obviously I would like to get the best deal I can, however, I also want to pay a fair price (everyone's a winner kind of thing). So could anyone please help me out with a rough valuation?

Details are (sorry if they are a little sketchy):

> Holdsworth frame (good condition, quite heavy though compared to today's stuff)
> Mavic Hub/gears (good condition)
> Look pedals (don't know what model)
> Training wheels
> Racing wheels (light, good condition)
> Tri bars
> He also threw in shoes (fair condition), cateye speedo, lights, foot pump, hand pump.

I also know that he re-built a lot of the bike changing normal screws to titanium screws, change of seat etc..

So if we were on ebay (Daz's favourite), where would we start the bidding?

Comments