Beachy Head Marathon

167891012»

Comments

• Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm in.

It's a Saturday. Travel down from London Friday night, but wondering what shape I'll be in Saturday evening to drive back. I'm not racing it.
  • Racing it? My goal is to complete it without crying! First off-road/proper hilly marathon for me.
  • hello, lets see if this thread will wake up rather than starting a new one. I've just entered for 2018 and started a 16 week training plan. Anyone else in?
  • also anyone that has completed it before; how many minutes per mile do you estimate on average is your pace changed by this course compared to a road marathon?
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    I've "run" it 4 times, a couple of times  about 15-20 years ago, and then again in 16 and 17. Compared to a road marathon like the London I'd allow for about 2minpermile and be prepared for a lot of walking - its hilly. 

First mile is all uphill and then it gets worse, you don't actually get to the Seven Sisters until about mile 20 and then its a real switchback to the end, but that is downhill all the way from Beachy Head to Eastbourne.

A lovely run, but tough.
  • Thanks senidM that helps me set a realistic target though I understand the pace will be all over the place through the ups and downs and hard to judge from mile to mile. I live in Nottingham so I can find lots of roads that go up (and down) to practice on. A lot of times being slowed to a walk so far but excellent for seeing progress when a hill gets conquered after a few tries