Outlaw Bike Feedstation 26 July 2015

Comments

• *scribbles over lists in crayon*

• They're digital copies, Barlos.  What you've done is scribble all over your Janet and John book imageimage

• Cheers guys I'll ride the course to feed station, that way shouldn't get too lost ! 

Fraggle - save me a banana image

• Back-up banana RedStripe ? imageimage

• Do we know when the marshal briefing is? (Not for all but someone needs to be there)

Are the camping staff expecting us, or do we need to print off some vouchers (or similar)?

• I'm very sorry to have to say that we're not coming now - stuff happens, and all that ... I won't bore you with the details, but I'm not happyimage 

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a great weekend for you all image 

• FerrousFerret wrote (see)

Do we know when the marshal briefing is? (Not for all but someone needs to be there)

Are the camping staff expecting us, or do we need to print off some vouchers (or similar)?

Ferret, I have briefing to attend for the course leaders on Saturday, have not been advised about a general briefing session for bike course marshalls but have asked and will let you know if im advised there is one.

I will do a briefing at the feedstation on Sunday morning in case something came up at the session I attended, will also be general instructions/safety considerations that those who've not been before will need to know.

• For camping yes they are expecting those on the camping list, your pitch has been booked, simply state your surname when checking in to the campsite.

• Britrisky wrote (see)

I'm very sorry to have to say that we're not coming now - stuff happens, and all that ... I won't bore you with the details, but I'm not happyimage 

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a great weekend for you all image 

Sorry to hear that, understand that things can crop up.  Take care.

• Fab thanks Barley

So I'm thinking given my hatred of camping that I'll just keep the back of the car down and chuck my wetsuit, a bike and my duvet in and sleep in the car image

Should make packing easy imageimage

Sorry you can't make it Britrisky

• OSB has asked a favour:

If there someone with a set of bike tools that could bring them along to our feedstation.

I have multitool and alan keys but thats about it, if someone has a more substantial set and wouldnt mind bringing along, much appreciated.

Not long now, how everyones been practicing their cheering image

• I've got some tools I can bring along, but I won't be there first thing as I'm driving up in the morning.
    Timing depends on when the family wakes up. image

• Are there any plans for Saturday night?

• plans image

If someone want to coordinate something Saturday night they are welcome, im not sure what my movements will be yet as have a briefing to go to and may have to do some other stuff.

• Bobs Your Father wrote (see)

I've got some tools I can bring along, but I won't be there first thing as I'm driving up in the morning.
    Timing depends on when the family wakes up. image

Thanks for the offer, if its no trouble please bring along anyway. 

First bikes are due approx 07.30 im sure we can manage with alan keys and multi tool before then.  That said if anyone else is planning to arrive earlier and able to bring tools, please let me know.

• Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

plans image

If someone want to coordinate something Saturday night they are welcome, im not sure what my movements will be yet as have a briefing to go to and may have to do some other stuff.

Didnt mean that to sound as sharp as it perhaps does.  Just saying please go ahead and arrange, ill no doubt try and get along at some point image

• I'll try to remember to sling a track pump in the car when I come to pack.  IIRC from last year the equipment provided by OSB didn't include a first aid kit and we were asked for vaseline at one point which we also didn't have.  

I wasn't on breakfast cooking duty, but I do think there were some comments about improvements that could be made on that side.  Mouse might remember better than me on that front.

Another thought- we normally have some sort of 'throw your bottles here' just before the feed station, we could do with something similar just after as quite a few athletes fill their speedfill bottles from the ones we hand out and then ditch the empty bottles (plus the banana skins) any old how.

• Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

plans image

That's because I have not told you yet image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

No first aid kit, no gloves, no vaseline in their box (not in the past, anyway).  There was some cheap suncream last year but we tended to use our own.

I said we could do with another cooker (we had two last year) and more frying pans and another kettle.  Last year we had two/three pans and two kettles but there's a lot of us and a lot of butties, teas/coffees to make.

• Ferret - Teapot One has kindly volunteered for cooking duties so we are leaving that in her capable hands image

Also, OSB has given us a kit list and bins/bottle drops have been mentioned on there, but we will check they are in the van when they are collected

• We are still looking for a volunteer to drive Van 2 into place on Sunday morning?  Is anyone able to help us out? image

Please image

• Thanks for the update Mouse, I will Flat Footed's already asked about the vaseline and gloves, aparently its a regular Saturday night thing image

• A heads up to everyone re timings, not sure if Schmunkee's already posted?

Feedstation 1 - LOCATION: HAWKSWORTH

RACE LOCATION IN MILEAGE: 16 & 80
    SET UP & READY BY: 07.00
    FIRST ATHLETE: 07.30
    LAST ATHLETE: 14.30

My intention is to leave the campsite at 05.45, im hoping that half a dozen of the volunteers (or more) can join me, we can then drive there in convoy.  Also helps those that dont know where the feedsation is.

Realise its early but other than those coming along after the swim, can everyone else aim to be there no later than 07.00, after that the roads and feedstation will start getting pretty busy.  I'll aim to do a mini briefing at 07.00 so everyone knows the plan, any updates from OSB etc.

• Saturday night plan.

Go to the Poppy and Pint in Pierrepoint road.

Order some food.

Drink beer.

Wind up the afferletes that are racing in the morning.

I know a lot of people want to eat earlyish, so how about 6.30, I'll give them a call if we get enough interest, it's walking distance from the campsite and better then the one that burnt down.
  • There's also a decent fish and chippie (or there was last year) between the campsite and the pub - Lady Bay Fish and Chips.

• schmunks, if no-one else volunteers, I'll have a go at driving the van on Sunday - providing I can have someone with me to direct me ? *

* can also put I a proviso that  (bearing I mind I'm 5ft nothing) I can reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel imageimage